Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Lauletta: “This is Eli Manning’s team”

https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/5/1...ing-davis-webb

Excerpt: "The New York Giants selected quarterback Kyle Lauletta with the eighth selection in the fourth round of the 2018 NFL Draft. On Friday, Lauletta spoke to the media at the following the Giants rookie minicamp. Along with Lauletta, Shurmur also spoke to the media about Lauletta.

Lets take a look at some takeaways from both he and Shurmur’s time with the media:

On the pressure of being a rookie...

“Absolutely,” Lauletta said. “I think that’s the nature of the position. The quarterback has to be the leader of the group and he has to be intelligent, he has to know the offense and be able to help guys get lined up and that sort of thing. So just going through the playbook and trying to learn it as best I can right now.”

On what he wants to take away from Eli Manning...

“I don’t know if there is one specific thing,” Lauletta said. “Just everything about him. Just the way he interacts with his teammates, the way he commands the team, the way he plays the position. There is just so much you can learn and I think that’s something that you have to do once you get in front of him and once you start to observe the way he goes about his business and I’m looking forward to that. He’s been a champion, he’s been a really successful player and I’m looking forward to learning from him.”

On whether he had something to prove during the entire process...

“I don’t know,” Lauletta said. “Obviously out of high school I didn’t get offers to a lot of those big schools, but I saw that Richmond was a great opportunity for me and I don’t think they’ve had a lot of quarterback that have gotten drafted, but they’ve had a number of players who have been successful in the NFL. So I saw it as a good opportunity for me to get a good education and play high-level football. Richmond was great. We played big teams and I’ve experienced some pretty big environments and stuff. So Richmond was great and I’m just looking forward to the next chapter.”

On his situation with Davis Webb...

“Yeah, I mean I’m always going to try to compete and try to perform as best I can,” Lauletta said. “I don’t really see it like that and I don’t think Davis does either. Like I said, we’re all in this together, we’re all in the same boat learning a new offense so we’ll definitely be close and be friends and help each other out as best as we can. Just try to help each other grow and try to develop so as far as who’s the back-up and stuff of course both of us are going to compete and both of us are going to try to earn that spot, but that’s so far ahead in the future I just don’t think it’s worth even thinking about right now.” Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I never heard of Kyle Lauletta prior to the draft.
    I not only never saw him play a single snap, I have no idea what college he played for.

I would like to be the first to call for him to be the starter, as he is clearly better than Eli in every way.
    "I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

Comment

Lauletta must have memorized the "NFL Handbook of Cliche Responses"

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...................
      "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by WayBackFan View Post
        Lauletta must have memorized the "NFL Handbook of Cliche Responses"

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...................
        Would you prefer that he say something stupid?

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Would you prefer that he say something stupid?
          I know what does he expect him to say?? "Eli has sucked over the past 3/4 or 5 years and im going to come and and show him how it's done and take that starting job from him and make him the clipboard holder" lol
          Football has been very, very good to us.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
          4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE
          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
            I not only never saw him play a single snap, I have no idea what college he played for.

I would like to be the first to call for him to be the starter, as he is clearly better than Eli in every way.
            Yeah, I can't wait to see which of the scrub backup QBs Giants fans will be chanting for when Eli starts the season 0-3. I kind of think "Davis Webb" rolls off the tongue a little easier than "Kyle Lauletta".

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

Yeah, I can't wait to see which of the scrub backup QBs Giants fans will be chanting for when Eli starts the season 0-3. I kind of think "Davis Webb" rolls off the tongue a little easier than "Kyle Lauletta".
              could be this is exactly what the giants have done all these years. never have a backup that can compete and perhaps outshine eli.

Comment

Well...since I have no idea how to pronounce "Lauletta", I'm rolling with Webb...and Kyle feels wrong for a QB's first name.

Comment

But is he also better than Webb???
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

But is he also better than Webb???
                    Ah...a curve ball!

I'm going with the old coin flip on this one...having not seen Webb ever throw a pass in an actual game.

Joking aside...I am actually happy to hear Webb's name still out there. Easy enough for a guy not picked by the new GM to get lost in the shuffle.

Comment

Wow you're so hurt that your draft guarantee didn't happen that now you can't even try to think positively about the team you are a fan of. It's still May.
                      Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

“I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. … He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.”

Comment

Originally posted by andthewinneris View Post

Wow you're so hurt that your draft guarantee didn't happen that now you can't even try to think positively about the team you are a fan of. It's still May.
                        The Eli bashers are hoping he fails. When the season starts they will disappear.
                        Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post

The Eli bashers are hoping he fails. When the season starts they will disappear.
                          Thats just so crazy to me at this point wait and see whats next. No one knows how it will turn out for sure, but he is fresh off being blatantly wrong about the draft so why not keep the predictions a little more centered?

Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

“I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. … He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.”

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post

This is absurd. No Giants fan is hoping that Eli fails

Comment

Joking aside...I am actually happy to hear Webb's name still out there. Easy enough for a guy not picked by the new GM to get lost in the shuffle.
                              Me too Deli. I am a fan of Webb's. Just the way he carries himself and loves this game. Lauletta seems like a decent dude too. Maybe after Eli wins another title they can pull a Simms/Hosetetler and each lead us to another title.

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

This is absurd. No Giants fan is hoping that Eli fails
                              Not all Eli bashers on this website are Giants fans. The guy just called both back ups scrubs and predicted we will start 0-3. Doesn't exactly seem like an actual fan of this team to me.
                              LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                              "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Working...
                              X