Eli will be comeback qb of the year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

I read an article recently that basically was making this case and it makes sense.

The Giants have so many weapons on offense now that they shouldn't need to rely on Eli being at the top of his game
    In what world does any team not need their QB to be at the top of his game? What are you talking about? Other than running plays, Eli still needs to get the weapons the ball. I'd say he def needs to be at the top of his game!

Comment

the board guru has spoken.

"it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
        the board guru has spoken.
        huh?

Comment

I disagree - however Eli may have more time in the pocket this season to throw a bad pass or make a poor decision.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
            I think that Eli will be switched to DE after game 2 because he is very tall and then he will win the defensive MVP award. Flowers will take over at QB and lead us to a SB championship.
            So glad the ignore feature is (temporarily) working...

Comment

Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

So glad the ignore feature is (temporarily) working...
                When in Rome ....

Comment

This just in from the NFL...."The 2018 season has been canceled and the Super Bowl has been awarded to the NY Giants becuase they did well in the draft",.and in other news it has been reported that pigs can fly!

Comment

What's Eli coming back from? He was healthy all season. An injury would at least be hope for him, scary thing is he was that dreadful while healthy. List off excuses for him all you want, good QBs raise players around them and never, ever, never, ever, (never) finish 31st in offense nor go 3-12. QBs going 3-12 and 31st in offense are always either kids learning the ropes or journeyman type talents.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueTradeEli View Post
                      What's Eli coming back from?
                      A dreadful case of Pantophobia.

Comment

I read an article recently that basically was making this case and it makes sense.

The Giants have so many weapons on offense now that they shouldn't need to rely on Eli being at the top of his game
                        That is right. Giants have so many weapons that even with a so so O-line, the offense should be able to put up a lot of points.
                        I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                          I think that Eli will be switched to DE after game 2 because he is very tall and then he will win the defensive MVP award. Flowers will take over at QB and lead us to a SB championship.
                          LOL

Comment

The Comeback player of the Year is at least as meaningless as any other silly NFL award but as Philip Rivers will tell you, there no requirement that one be coming back from injury; coming back from crappy play is apparently a valid criteria. It's just one more of those charmingly nebulous NFL idiosyncrasies, just like the old, good QBs raise players around them canard. It seems logical on surface it just can't seem to be factually or objectively supported in any way no matter how many times it gets trotted out.

Good story though. Never gets old.

Comment

He certainly doesn't have to carry the offense like him and Beckham have done for the last few years. Barkley is going to take a lot of pressure off Eli. Just spread the ball around.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
                                Eli will play lights out because he knows Gettleman and Shurmur won't to tolerate bad passes because Mara gave them more power than JR to sit Eli down if he can't play at a high level.
                                And you know this how? I want to see PROOF that they have all that power, where is the link to your post? PROVE Mara has said and done this where is the proof?

Comment

Working...
                                X