Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants just signed CB Chris Lewis-Harris....Can someone explain what's with all these Corners?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants just signed CB Chris Lewis-Harris....Can someone explain what's with all these Corners?

just sign a bunch of 'em for cheap and hope a couple are decent enough to start w Jenkins and maybe Apple?
    Apple, Eli
    6-1 199
    28 Davis, Aaron CB 5-11 194 R Georgia
    38 Deayon, Donte CB 5-9 158 24 1 Boise State
    25 Dixon, Brandon CB 5-11 203 28 2 Northwest Missouri State
    43 Fields, Bryon CB 5-11 180 R Duke
    47 Gay, William CB 5-10 187 33 12 Louisville
    Goodwin, C.J. CB 6-4 220 28 3 California (PA)
    34 Haley, Grant CB 5-9 185 R Penn State
    20 Jenkins, Janoris CB 5-10 198 29 6 North Alabama
    35 Riley, Curtis CB 6-0 190 25 4 Fresno State
    37 Webb, B.W. CB 5-11 190 28 5 William & Mary
    29 Williams, Teddy CB 6-1 210 29 7 Texas-San Antonio
    31 McKinnon, Jeremiah DB 5-10 197 24 1 Florida International
    Last edited by BLUEWAVERIDER; 05-14-2018, 12:35 AM.

Makes you wonder...if CB is such a big deal now, why didn't the Giants draft one?

Comment

Arizona used a lot of cb so it makes sense.

Comment

You need 10 defensive backs on your final roster and at least 4 starter caliber cb’s to dress every week. So the numbers above at this time of year is not uncommon.

Comment

Originally posted by u2good View Post
          Makes you wonder...if CB is such a big deal now, why didn't the Giants draft one?
          Nah it really doesn't.. maybe one of the reasons its a bigger need to fill is because they didnt draft one? haha.
          You don't take a player you view as much worse than other players just to fill a position that doesnt have a lot of depth...
          If a CB they liked a lot fell into their lap they would have drafted him an maybe we would be trying more players on the Dline...
          sigpic

Comment

Saftey's are not the on above list and both the cardinals and Giants had total 9 db's on their final 53 last year (Cardinals had 4, Giants had 5 CB'S)...so after Jenkins and Apple and maybe Gay, there are 11 guys competing for 1 or 2 CB spots...probably wise to have that kind of competition, but seems excessive ....and still makes me wonder about letting DRC and Cockrell go

Comment

Im curious to know if Gettleman values CBs as highly as the rest of the league does. I understand he sorta splurged on CBs after they released Norman, but I wonder if DG learned something from that whole thing that he may be implementing here.

Comment

They’re paper thin in the secondary. Nothing wrong with sifting through what’s available in hopes of finding a hidden gem. They’ll need all the help they can get
                The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Tons of competition is what i see.

nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Could be a gem in there.

A good question is if any of these guys have the physical gifts required by the CB spot.

However, they might also make the squad for special teams or another position.

No doubt all are fine athletes.
                    Last edited by WayBackFan; 05-14-2018, 06:40 AM.
                    "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

CBs will look better if there is a constant pass rush. We have to hope the pass rush hits home.
                      http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

I don’t quite understand what the problem is with bringing in all the D Backs...or any other position for that matter?
                        Frankly.....I don’t even know what it means to ask “why”?
                        It only took losing one guy from the Defensive backfield last year, to leave the position decimated on game day!
                        Depth is crucial, and to build it, you need a lot of players to compete for the jobs.
                        With all that competition, a player needs to really work to stand out...which of course is the whole point.

"I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Maybe getting those cbs for nickle and dime formations. Also for prevent.
                          I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

Originally posted by BLUEWAVERIDER View Post
                            just sign a bunch of 'em for cheap and hope a couple are decent enough to start w Jenkins and maybe Apple?
                            Apple, Eli
                            6-1 199
                            28 Davis, Aaron CB 5-11 194 R Georgia
                            38 Deayon, Donte CB 5-9 158 24 1 Boise State
                            25 Dixon, Brandon CB 5-11 203 28 2 Northwest Missouri State
                            43 Fields, Bryon CB 5-11 180 R Duke
                            47 Gay, William CB 5-10 187 33 12 Louisville
                            Goodwin, C.J. CB 6-4 220 28 3 California (PA)
                            34 Haley, Grant CB 5-9 185 R Penn State
                            20 Jenkins, Janoris CB 5-10 198 29 6 North Alabama
                            35 Riley, Curtis CB 6-0 190 25 4 Fresno State
                            37 Webb, B.W. CB 5-11 190 28 5 William & Mary
                            29 Williams, Teddy CB 6-1 210 29 7 Texas-San Antonio
                            31 McKinnon, Jeremiah DB 5-10 197 24 1 Florida International
                            None of this counts against the CAP. They see players out there who may fill a role. Having decent back ups is just as important as starters. What matters is the final 53.
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
                              I don’t quite understand what the problem is with bringing in all the D Backs...or any other position for that matter?
                              Frankly.....I don’t even know what it means to ask “why”?
                              It only took losing one guy from the Defensive backfield last year, to leave the position decimated on game day!
                              Depth is crucial, and to build it, you need a lot of players to compete for the jobs.
                              With all that competition, a player needs to really work to stand out...which of course is the whole point.

Well, I kinda understand it. You cant have 10 subpar corners and call it good for depth. Im not saying thats the situation for sure, but thats why people are questioning it. Most these guys have no names. We have 1 legit starting CB in Jenkins. The rest are all questionable, including Apple.
                              http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X