Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants just signed CB Chris Lewis-Harris....Can someone explain what's with all these Corners?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe Grant Haley will be the hidden gem of this group..

Comment

as the saying goes...

"lets throw a bunch crap on the wall and see what sticks"...

"it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by u2good View Post
        Makes you wonder...if CB is such a big deal now, why didn't the Giants draft one?
        Or better yet, try as hard as they could to retain DRC and resign C0ckrell. This has trouble written all over it. This didn't need to be an area of concern, but DG made it so.

Comment

They let CJ Goodwin go today.
          1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

so now they released CJ Goodwin after picking him up last week and signing Lewis-Harris yesterday...when you start collecting, sometimes you got to unload some merchandise......

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

Well, I kinda understand it. You cant have 10 subpar corners and call it good for depth. Im not saying thats the situation for sure, but thats why people are questioning it. Most these guys have no names. We have 1 legit starting CB in Jenkins. The rest are all questionable, including Apple.
              Looking for that diamond in the rough I guess!
              Not costing them anything so what the heck.

"I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post

Looking for that diamond in the rough I guess!
                Not costing them anything so what the heck.
                Looking for a diamond in the rough to be your 2nd or 3rd CB could be disastrous. Hope they find a couple.
                http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

We're running a 3-8 Defense. You guys are behind the times
                  Long Live the King

Comment

and now I read, along with Goodwin, CB Byron Fields and CB Brandon Dixon,were also released today...ok, I feel better now....

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysready View Post
                      You need 10 defensive backs on your final roster and at least 4 starter caliber cbs to dress every week. So the numbers above at this time of year is not uncommon.
                      lets not forget special teams.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

None of this counts against the CAP. They see players out there who may fill a role. Having decent back ups is just as important as starters. What matters is the final 53.
                        Now that is a fact.
                        I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

Some of the guys are sub 4:5 4:4 forty runners with limited playing time. I think it is for speed in blitz packages and not necessarily cover guys.
                          "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
                            Some of the guys are sub 4:5 4:4 forty runners with limited playing time. I think it is for speed in blitz packages and not necessarily cover guys.
                            Speed kills.

Who said that?
                            "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
                              I don’t quite understand what the problem is with bringing in all the D Backs...or any other position for that matter?
                              Frankly.....I don’t even know what it means to ask “why”?
                              It only took losing one guy from the Defensive backfield last year, to leave the position decimated on game day!
                              Depth is crucial, and to build it, you need a lot of players to compete for the jobs.
                              With all that competition, a player needs to really work to stand out...which of course is the whole point.

You make it sound like they have unlimited roster spots so they can do this in all areas of need.

Why not have 10 right tackles or linebackers in also???

Comment

Originally posted by I Bleed Blue View Post

Or better yet, try as hard as they could to retain DRC and resign C0ckrell. This has trouble written all over it. This didn't need to be an area of concern, but DG made it so.
                                So true but didn't you get the memo that DG is awesome and making the Giants great again???

Comment

Working...
                                X