No announcement yet.

He's Baaaaack!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only reason he is back is because the Giants couldn't find a trading partner and he is owed money. He will be gone next season and I doubt he ever makes another team

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysready View Post

https://www.sny.tv/giants/news/flowe...line/264297284

and @ bluewaver, there is a big difference between Apple and Jenkins who as you say, "sort of checked out" and Flowers who chose not to take the field on Sunday when their brothers were out there at war with a divisional rival. Those types of games (especially the last game) is the reason for your existence at this level. I am highly disappointed he is still part of this franchise.
      I know what was reported, but this is what followed:

"That's false. I didn't get suspended, benched, none of that," he told reporters as he was walking out of the stadium. "The coaches know I talked to the doctor. I wish I was out there. I wanted to play today, but I couldn't."

Interim coach Steve Spagnuolo backed Flowers up during his opening statement to begin his postgame news conference: "Ereck Flowers was deactivated because of an injury," he said. "I know some other things were said out there. But he's been fighting a groin all year long, and just couldn't do it this week."

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

I know what was reported, but this is what followed:

"That's false. I didn't get suspended, benched, none of that," he told reporters as he was walking out of the stadium. "The coaches know I talked to the doctor. I wish I was out there. I wanted to play today, but I couldn't."

Interim coach Steve Spagnuolo backed Flowers up during his opening statement to begin his postgame news conference: "Ereck Flowers was deactivated because of an injury," he said. "I know some other things were said out there. But he's been fighting a groin all year long, and just couldn't do it this week."
        He has been painfully slow to develop and hasn't justified being picked at #9 but quitting on his teammates is not one of his problems imo.

The young man has played through injuries for his entire career here when others were jaking it.
        No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

If he can be AVERAGE **** or even just a tad below average .... and Omameh can be AVERAGE to DECENT whichever guard spot he plays ..... Jones plays like he did last year (or even improves) and Hernandez proves his worth .....

this line should be greatly improved ...... which would probably mean they are average ...... which is something I would take for now

Comment

Originally posted by KillaRich View Post
            If he can be AVERAGE **** or even just a tad below average .... and Omameh can be AVERAGE to DECENT whichever guard spot he plays ..... Jones plays like he did last year (or even improves) and Hernandez proves his worth .....

this line should be greatly improved ...... which would probably mean they are average ...... which is something I would take for now
            It has been a very long time since the OL has been called average. I like it!

No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post
              Iím sorry but I donít see Flowers making a successful transition to RT. The distinction between LT and RT arenít as big as it used to be. A lot of premium pass rushers line up on the right side of the offensive line. Now you are asking a guy who struggled at his natural position to switch and play a position he hasnít played since his freshman year in college. His technique was bad on the left and now he has to do everything the opposite way. This isnít going to work out well for him. IMO he isnít the starter breaking camp and the only reason he makes the cut is because he has played on the left side and can back up Solder if he gets hurt.
              +1

Comment

The best case scenario is that he falls in line and becomes part of an improved line. That is what I would like to see. Donít forget that he will be looking for a new contract somewhere after this season, so it really stands to benefit him long term if he can perform this year. I also agree that he regularly still took the field when he was banged up, something he gets next to zero credit for.
                sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                  Glad to have him back as I have nothing against Ereck.

Hopefully he resurrect his career at RT for us.
                  Agreed.

If he finds a home at RT then the Giants should be good to go.

I do not understand the hate for the guy. He has improved each year. He is 24 and if he can hold down RT then the Giants will have done a nice job of drastically improving their Oline.

We are rooting for this guy, right?

Comment

https://www.sny.tv/giants/news/flowe...line/264297284

and @ bluewaver, there is a big difference between Apple and Jenkins who as you say, "sort of checked out" and Flowers who chose not to take the field on Sunday when their brothers were out there at war with a divisional rival. Those types of games (especially the last game) is the reason for your existence at this level. I am highly disappointed he is still part of this franchise.
                    That link is BS. Sorry.

It doesnít even have a byline and Ranaan has been out to hatchet this guy at every turn.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post

He has been painfully slow to develop and hasn't justified being picked at #9 but quitting on his teammates is not one of his problems imo.

The young man has played through injuries for his entire career here when others were jaking it.
                      +1. Rookie year he showed a ton of heart. This guy has been getting a bad rap in the press from that guy Ranaan based on some static those guys had.

Comment

Has he been disappointing as the 9th pick in the draft? Absolutely. But isnít that in some part on Reese for drafting him 9th?

Theres plenty of reasons why things havenít worked out but some of it is throwing a 20 year old out there before he was anywhere near ready in 2015.

2016 he was bad.

I thought 2017 he was improved. Had the real bad game vs Ansah, but only allowed 3.5 sacks in the other 14 games. Cut his penalties in half from the previous year and had no false start penalties the whole year.

Hes been the fans whipping boy for a couple of years and the press has fueled that fire.

Hes 24. Always plays hard. Sometimes plays real hurt. Technique needs work and is switching sides. Hopefully the new staff can get the most out of him.

As fans we really should be hoping for the guy to develop instead of all the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post

Again some of the better pass rushers in the league line up on the right side.
                          True, but a right-handed QB can see them coming. Which is why the blind-side tackle will always be more valuable, regardless of where the D's best rusher lines up.

Comment

Originally posted by Roswell View Post

That link is BS. Sorry.

It doesnít even have a byline and Ranaan has been out to hatchet this guy at every turn.
                            McAdoo was oddly very chummy for lack of a better word with flowers. They were very emotional together and flowers Was apparently destroyed over the situation.

flowers defines what it means to be the prototypical stereotype of a millennial. He shouldnít be playing football imo.

Comment

McAdoo was oddly very chummy for lack of a better word with flowers. They were very emotional together and flowers Was apparently destroyed over the situation.

flowers defines what it means to be the prototypical stereotype of a millennial. He shouldnít be playing football imo.
                              Umm, what?

"McAdoo was oddly very chummy...with flowers...they were very emotional together and flowers was apparently destroyed over the situation?"

None of this is true or even defensible. Do you just invent this crap?

Comment

Originally posted by Roswell View Post
                                Has he been disappointing as the 9th pick in the draft? Absolutely. But isnít that in some part on Reese for drafting him 9th?

Theres plenty of reasons why things havenít worked out but some of it is throwing a 20 year old out there before he was anywhere near ready in 2015.

2016 he was bad.

I thought 2017 he was improved. Had the real bad game vs Ansah, but only allowed 3.5 sacks in the other 14 games. Cut his penalties in half from the previous year and had no false start penalties the whole year.

Hes been the fans whipping boy for a couple of years and the press has fueled that fire.

Hes 24. Always plays hard. Sometimes plays real hurt. Technique needs work and is switching sides. Hopefully the new staff can get the most out of him.

As fans we really should be hoping for the guy to develop instead of all the hate.
                                Great post.

Comment

Working...
                                X