Bisnowaty Cut

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FanOfTheGmen View Post
    Is it good to be that tall at the position? For A WR that's an easy yes, but these guys have to bend all the more to get under the shoulders of their opposing players making them actually easier to bull rush which is what you would guess they would be best at defending against, and the speed rush is probably easy as well, because it's probably easier to get underneath a tall guy. I'm not saying he will be bad, but I wouldn't assume being that tall at the position would be advantageous.
    Forget the height, if he gets his strength up and hand technique, then he can keep defenders at bay and control them with his hands and that reach is unguardable. His major concern would be guys speed rushing him and is his footwork quick enough to compensate.

I don't expect him to be able to sink his hips against shorter linemen....I would imagine that playing with sound technique at 6'8 is hard. I read his scouting report and he needs to improve his strength. I'm at work so I have just skimmed his tape.

He will be on the practice squad this year. Worth taking a flier on him.
    Last edited by Gee718; 05-14-2018, 03:45 PM.
    Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by ETMF999 View Post
      With Bisnowaty cut....Jerry Reese's 2016 + 2017 NFL Drafts have produced 0 offensive linemen.
      And he traded up to get him.

​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by FanOfTheGmen View Post
        Is it good to be that tall at the position? For A WR that's an easy yes, but these guys have to bend all the more to get under the shoulders of their opposing players making them actually easier to bull rush which is what you would guess they would be best at defending against, and the speed rush is probably easy as well, because it's probably easier to get underneath a tall guy. I'm not saying he will be bad, but I wouldn't assume being that tall at the position would be advantageous.
        He has an 87" wing span or something.
        ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

He has an 87" wing span or something.
          ​​​​
          Doesn't that just mean he has to be all the more faster, because he has to get full extension on his arms for the length to be beneficial, if they get to close to his base he will be disadvantaged by not being able to use all of his strength, then his arm length would become a weakness I would guess.
          I'm no expert and I wouldn't claim to be, just wondering.
          Last edited by FanOfTheGmen; 05-14-2018, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Damm just when I got the spelling of his name down.
            "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Unless someone breaks loose from somebodys roster Flowers is our starting RT this year. Hopefully he plays as good as he did the 2nd half last year. He should have been at RT all along. Nobodys trading for him.

Comment

Another Reese excuse me pick. Terrible drafting GM.
                http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

The timing seems a bit odd.

Comment

I like the early cut. Biz has no chance against outside speed rushers. Slow feet that aren't going to get any faster.

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post
                      Unless someone breaks loose from somebodys roster Flowers is our starting RT this year. Hopefully he plays as good as he did the 2nd half last year. He should have been at RT all along. Nobodys trading for him.
                      Wheeler could well beat him out.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
                        I like the early cut. Biz has no chance against outside speed rushers. Slow feet that aren't going to get any faster.
                        But he was being tried at Guard in camp, so is that still an issue?
                        Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                          Another Reese excuse me pick. Terrible drafting GM.
                          Just remember - all of his draft failures were Tom Coughlin's fault
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Helmet View Post

Just remember - all of his draft failures were Tom Coughlin's fault
                            I thought that was just the guys from Cuse and BC

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

But he was being tried at Guard in camp, so is that still an issue?
                              That's pretty obvious now!

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                                Too bad for him. He probably didn't nowaty hit him

Comment

Working...
                                X