Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Eli Manning's Memorabilia Fraud Lawsuit Reaches Settlement

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...hes-settlement

The fraud lawsuit involving Eli Manning and the New York Giants has reportedly reached a settlement on what was supposed to be the first day of the trial, according to Michael David Smith of Pro Football Talk.

A memorabilia dealer accused Manning and the Giants of fraud, attempting to sell unused items as "game-worn."

Monday was slated to be the first day of jury selection but the start was pushed back and now won't begin because of the settlement.

As Jay Busbee of Yahoo Sports explained, attorneys for the plaintiff, Eric Inselberg, filed an email from Manning asking Giants equipment manager Joseph Skiba for "2 helmets that can pass as game used."

Read more...
    Last edited by Eli_QB10; 05-14-2018, 09:41 PM.

Obvious extortion attempt. Eli didn't have time to deal with that bs. He has a new offense to learn and help his team win another Superbowl.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
      Obvious extortion attempt.
      I think so

Comment

Its a lucrative business if you can get away with it.
        "Thumper! What did your father tell you?"

Thumper (looking rather forlorn): "If you can't say somethin' nice..." (sigh) "...don't say nothin' at all

Comment

We don't know - and never will know - if this was an extortion attempt or not. Nor do we know nor will we ever know if the case was legitimate or not.

And while I don't view a settlement as an admission of guilt, but it's not proof of innocence either.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
            We don't know - and never will know - if this was an extortion attempt or not. Nor do we know nor will we ever know if the case was legitimate or not.

And while I don't view a settlement as an admission of guilt, but it's not proof of innocence either.
            Just pick a side bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli_QB10 View Post

I think so
              You guys are very funny.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

Just pick a side bro.
                lol, I'd love to but I can not. I have a very hard time picking a side when I have virtually no objective information about the situation.

I'd be happy to announce his innocence but that would be as uninformed as saying he was guilty. It's in the past now; I'm perfectly fine with never speaking of this again. Although I doubt that it's gonna play that way.

Comment

I wonder how much Eli shelled out for this. Not that heíll feel it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

lol, I'd love to but I can not. I have a very hard time picking a side when I have virtually no objective information about the situation.

I'd be happy to announce his innocence but that would be as uninformed as saying he was guilty. It's in the past now; I'm perfectly fine with never speaking of this again. Although I doubt that it's gonna play that way.
                    C'mon, Sarcasman, this is the Giants' MB...you don't have to have objective information to form an opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

C'mon, Sarcasman, this is the Giants' MB...you don't have to have objective information to form an opinion!
                      That's a good point.

He's guilty as sin.

Comment

Innocent people donít have to buy their way out of trouble. Wonder if the NFL is gonna act on any of this
                        The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
                          Innocent people donít have to buy their way out of trouble. Wonder if the NFL is gonna act on any of this
                          When you are a multi hundred millionaire there are problems that arise that we could not even fathom. Extortion, larceny and blackmail is very common unfortunately and wealthy innocent people, especially those that donít have the time or the financial incentive to defend themselves fall prey to bloodsucking predators every day. So your statement is factually incorrect.

Comment

A "business matter that has been resolved",no.

Comment

I see you are not up to speed on the goings on of the "legal world".

Comment

Working...
                              X