Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants favored in just three games on 2018 slate

https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/5/1...-on-2018-slate

Excerpt: "The New York Giants have one of the toughest schedules in the NFL for the 2018 season. Their opponents have a combined win percentage of .520, which is tied for the eighth toughest in the league. CG Technology released its NFL odds for every game of the 2018 season and Big Blue is only favored in three of its first 15 games. The Week 17 odds were not posted. Here is a look at the odds in everyone of the Giants games next season.

Week 1

Jacksonville Jaguars at New York Giants (+4, 44)

Week 2

New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys (-6)

Week 3

New York Giants at Houston Texans (-6)

Week 4

New Orleans Saints at New York Giants (+2.5)

Week 5

New York Giants at Carolina Panthers (-6)

Monday Oct. 8, 2018

Washington Redskins at New Orleans Saints (-7.5)" Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

very odd. Not so much the only 3 games favored but the Jags, Eagles, and Titans?,

either way all this changes as the season progresses anyway. This is list is a guess at the moment. Even after Camp this list will change.
    "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Not saying this to be a smart *** but good!

Comment

Chip on the shoulder big as a boulder
        Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
          very odd. Not so much the only 3 games favored but the Jags, Eagles, and Titans?,

either way all this changes as the season progresses anyway. This is list is a guess at the moment. Even after Camp this list will change.
          Jags are 4 point favorites

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueTradeEli View Post

Jags are 4 point favorites
            hmmmm......I was confused because on;y three of the games had the "+" . Figured those were the games the article was talking about.
            I am not a betting man...lol

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/5/1...-on-2018-slate

Excerpt: "The New York Giants have one of the toughest schedules in the NFL for the 2018 season. Their opponents have a combined win percentage of .520, which is tied for the eighth toughest in the league. CG Technology released its NFL odds for every game of the 2018 season and Big Blue is only favored in three of its first 15 games. The Week 17 odds were not posted. Here is a look at the odds in everyone of the Giants games next season.

Week 1

Jacksonville Jaguars at New York Giants (+4, 44)

Week 2

New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys (-6)

Week 3

New York Giants at Houston Texans (-6)

Week 4

New Orleans Saints at New York Giants (+2.5)

Week 5

New York Giants at Carolina Panthers (-6)

Monday Oct. 8, 2018

Washington Redskins at New Orleans Saints (-7.5)" Read more...
              This makes no sense. If we are +4 against the Jags then we are the underdogs. If the +4 correlates to the team on the left, which it sometimes does, then we are favorites. If that is the case then in the next two games we would be -6 which is the favorite. Something is not lining up right here. My guess is the guy writing the article messed something up.

If we were only favored in 3 games I would just on that right now and take us to win in each because we will win more than 3. Even Vegas has our over under at 6.5 wins.

LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
              "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

After viewing this some more I believe this has us favored in 3 games. The number in brackets should correlate to the team on the right. So we are favored at home against the Bears, Bucs and Redskins. We are underdogs in all the other games. I think so much went wrong last year that lead to us going 3-13 I would bet my house that it does not happen again.
                LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post

This makes no sense. If we are +4 against the Jags then we are the underdogs. If the +4 correlates to the team on the left, which it sometimes does, then we are favorites. If that is the case then in the next two games we would be -6 which is the favorite. Something is not lining up right here. My guess is the guy writing the article messed something up.

If we were only favored in 3 games I would just on that right now and take us to win in each because we will win more than 3. Even Vegas has our over under at 6.5 wins.
                  thank you....I was confused but maybe its not me...

but it usually is...lol

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

After last year I'm surprised we're favored
                    in any game. I went to the niner game and even they even crushed us. Barkley make it better.

Comment

Yea no way the Giants are favoured in Houston and Dallas

this thing is messed up big time

Comment

I think the GIANTS are a 7-9 team, honestly. 6-10 would not surprise me, 8-8 would not surprise me.

O-Line will be better, but I think the D will still get scored on a good bit, and I think Eli does not have a lot of gas left in the tank.

Comment

so basically 0-10 before we are favored to win a game?

Comment

this line will change even as Camp progresses. Injuries etc will change everything.

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Working...
                            X