I would like to purchase the messageboard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
    Deli I created and ran my own website with a message board using phpbb in the past. I don't think using VBulletin could be that difficult. It's a matter of getting the boards.giants.com name I guess (unless you intend to change it). I'd be willing to help anyway I get. Save the boards!
    Just sent you a PM
    "I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
      Since I can't PM about this, I am asking this way.

It's standard, non-proprietary software, and I will reskin to remove any official NY Giants logos/info

Please respond with a pm or an email.
      looks vBulletin is the owner
      "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post

looks vBulletin is the owner
        Most likely the boards are hosted by vbulliten. The giants probably just have a host record in their external dns that routes boards.giants.com to vbulliten.
        http://sportswrath.com

Comment

Deli,

There are sites out there that offer migration services. Unfortunately Proboards is not one of them, but I can hook you up with one that will.

Comment

Originally posted by Roswell View Post
            Iím not as tech savvy as most and honestly will miss discussing the Giants with you guys and gals. Please let me know what you all decide so that I can participate in the future.
            I am following Rosey to his new boards Roswell. Hope to see you there.
            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
              Deli,

There are sites out there that offer migration services. Unfortunately Proboards is not one of them, but I can hook you up with one that will.
              Irishmike is looking into it...he may have a solution
              "I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

Comment

I don't see why you can't just open up a Facebook account and spread the word as that will post live on gameday?
                Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

I don't mind it. It gets the job done.
                  Hey SG. I hope to see you at either Rosie's place or bbwc.com

Here is a link: http://bbwc.com/thread/1206/welcome-giants-message-board-refugees?page=3

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post
                    you can check out the boards on www.bbwc.com

a good number have made accounts there today, myself included.
                    Yes, this is the other one that I've used throughout the years. It's a good board.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Morrison View Post
                      I don't see why you can't just open up a Facebook account and spread the word as that will post live on gameday?
                      Actually this is a good idea. Facebook allows private groups and has a lot of features other message boards just donít have. An admin would have to run it and would be able to accept peopleís request for membership or not.

Comment

Originally posted by scoostraw View Post

Hey SG. I hope to see you at either Rosie's place or bbwc.com

Here is a link: http://bbwc.com/thread/1206/welcome-giants-message-board-refugees?page=3
                        You will.
                        “It drops deep as it does in my breath

I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

Nasir Jones

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post

I am following Rosey to his new boards Roswell. Hope to see you there.
                          Iím there Jomo. Just have to get back from Napa first.

And thank you for this message and all these years for your insight and friendship.

And hopefully one day in the near future we can all arrange to meet up and put faces to the names.

Comment

Working...
                          X