To whoever made the decision to shut down the boards:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To whoever made the decision to shut down the boards:

Youíbe ended the only way Iíve had of interacting with the NYG fanbase for the past ten years. Because Iím one of many people who donít want anything to do with Facebook and Twitter, any voice iíve had in being a fanatic is silenced. This has been a uniquely democratic online community where Iíve felt a sense of engagement with my team and have gained insights into things I otherwise wouldnít have. I really believe your decision to to pull the plug is an unfortunate one and will negatively affect the engagement many of the posters here will have with the team theyíve supported in good times and bad.

All the best,
    Go Giants.

Makin Plays (AKA Aaron)

+1
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Amen

Comment

Yup

Now I'll have to be a Cowboys fan and join their message boards....
        http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

A place with no Die-Hard is a great place in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
            Yup

Now I'll have to be a Cowboys fan and join their message boards....
            Kinda like Anakin's turn to the dark side....except less cool.
            "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
            "No...I didn't."
            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by Shimmy View Post
              Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Shimmy View Post
                Die Hard is awesome.
                Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Ironically, the very same posters I tried to add to my ignore list when I finally had enough of the negativity are suddenly not here anymore; their posts are gone and everything......

Can anyone explain that??
                  "No...I didn't."

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Die Hard is awesome.
                    You don't have to kiss up anymore. Eventhough he hasn't been a mod for awhile, I think he had a lot of influence behind the scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

You don't have to kiss up anymore. Eventhough he hasn't been a mod for awhile, I think he had a lot of influence behind the scenes.
                      Great poster. Put the Eli Bots in their place.
                      Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Makin Plays View Post
                        Youíbe ended the only way Iíve had of interacting with the NYG fanbase for the past ten years. Because Iím one of many people who donít want anything to do with Facebook and Twitter, any voice iíve had in being a fanatic is silenced. This has been a uniquely democratic online community where Iíve felt a sense of engagement with my team and have gained insights into things I otherwise wouldnít have. I really believe your decision to to pull the plug is an unfortunate one and will negatively affect the engagement many of the posters here will have with the team theyíve supported in good times and bad.

All the best,
                        Go Giants.

Makin Plays (AKA Aaron)
                        http://bbwc.com/
                        Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Itís all about money. The giants can monetize off of Facebook and Twitter. They can show you all the ads they want. Wher here they canít. The community is strong.

Whoever the new marketing guy/gal is that came in and made this decision, I canít hate from a financial standpoint it makes sense.

but man what a horrible decision overall lmao

Comment

I am also one of those people who will not engage with facebook/twitter for a variety of reasons. I will hopefully see some of you guys on some of the fan made sites.
                            sigpic

Comment

terrible decision ...

terrible to alienate the die hard fans and expect them to linger with the ... forgive me ... but ... common folk ... the people who couldn't tell you a dig route from a 9 route ...

the folks here deserve better ... we've been through the ringer on this forum

to expect this die hard fanbase to mingle with all the so and so's and ****ing social media is pathetic ... the teams social media pages are a **** show ... filled with every random Tom , **** and Harry who have ever flipped on a Giant game for a few minutes ...

this is where we all came to get away from those ****ers ... this is where we came to ****ing avoid those morons who have never seen a parking pass in their lives

**** this decision ...

Comment

Working...
                              X