Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    terrible decision ...

terrible to alienate the die hard fans and expect them to linger with the ... forgive me ... but ... common folk ... the people who couldn't tell you a dig route from a 9 route ...

the folks here deserve better ... we've been through the ringer on this forum

to expect this die hard fanbase to mingle with all the so and so's and ****ing social media is pathetic ... the teams social media pages are a **** show ... filled with every random Tom , **** and Harry who have ever flipped on a Giant game for a few minutes ...

this is where we all came to get away from those ****ers ... this is where we came to ****ing avoid those morons who have never seen a parking pass in their lives

**** this decision ...
    You said it all man. Already had my previous forum go away and now this one. It has been great during my last many years of Naval service to be able to keep up with people who share my passion for this organization and game. I greatly appreciate all the posters who have made this place great, informative and entertaining. As they say in my buisness, fair winds and following seas my friends.
    sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

I remember this board going back 15 years ago. Hard to believe its been that long. I was thrilled to find a place of Giants fanatics, lunatics and crazy's.
      The place had it all at that time. It was educational, unsensored and raw. I met up with a guy by the name of Fbomb and it was hysterical what we could say to others we laughed our butts off. It was a zoo at that time and I'll admit it I got out of line sometimes. Over the years it cleaned up but I never thought that it would be a sanctuary for me to hang out and talk Giants and sometimes serious issue of peoples health and all kinds of things. I guess you can say relationships were born. My favorite topics were when people would talk about there fathers or uncles that were Giants fans and the love they had for their team. I guess you can say this board became a dysfunctional family. It seems like for a buck they want to sell out our relationships, Toss us to the side like it didn't mean anything. Maybe the people that make the decisions don't understand it was more than a message board. For what it's worth I want to thank all the members that love this team. As they say it was a good run in fact a great run. Awesome memories here for sure! Hope to see some of you over at Rosie's site and BBWC. It would be great if we could all stick together at one site if possible. The heck with Facebook and twitter. I don't need the CIA giving me a house call!!
      sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

I agree with YA. FB and Twitter are horrible places to talk football. The knowledge level there is beyond subpar. Just like plenty of others, I have migrated over to another message board. I am actually now only a member of one giants fb group and that one has mainly people from here on it. Anyways, it is whatever. The giants obviously couldn't care less what people on here think.
        “It drops deep as it does in my breath

I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

Nasir Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          I remember this board going back 15 years ago. Hard to believe its been that long. I was thrilled to find a place of Giants fanatics, lunatics and crazy's.
          The place had it all at that time. It was educational, unsensored and raw. I met up with a guy by the name of Fbomb and it was hysterical what we could say to others we laughed our butts off. It was a zoo at that time and I'll admit it I got out of line sometimes. Over the years it cleaned up but I never thought that it would be a sanctuary for me to hang out and talk Giants and sometimes serious issue of peoples health and all kinds of things. I guess you can say relationships were born. My favorite topics were when people would talk about there fathers or uncles that were Giants fans and the love they had for their team. I guess you can say this board became a dysfunctional family. It seems like for a buck they want to sell out our relationships, Toss us to the side like it didn't mean anything. Maybe the people that make the decisions don't understand it was more than a message board. For what it's worth I want to thank all the members that love this team. As they say it was a good run in fact a great run. Awesome memories here for sure! Hope to see some of you over at Rosie's site and BBWC. It would be great if we could all stick together at one site if possible. The heck with Facebook and twitter. I don't need the CIA giving me a house call!!
          Well said!!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
            I am also one of those people who will not engage with facebook/twitter for a variety of reasons. I will hopefully see some of you guys on some of the fan made sites.
            +1

Comment

terrible decision ...

terrible to alienate the die hard fans and expect them to linger with the ... forgive me ... but ... common folk ... the people who couldn't tell you a dig route from a 9 route ...

to expect this die hard fanbase to mingle with all the so and so's and ****ing social media is pathetic ... the teams social media pages are a **** show ... filled with every random Tom , **** and Harry who have ever flipped on a Giant game for a few minutes ...

this is where we all came to get away from those ****ers ... this is where we came to ****ing avoid those morons who have never seen a parking pass in their lives

**** this decision ...
              Dude or YA we can find a way I am in with bucks or internet skill there is crazy core... "build it and they will come"...

Comment

Hey, as a ****s and giggles can any admin ban me from the board for like a day or two. I've never been banned before. I need the street cred!

Comment

terrible decision ...

**** this decision ...
                  YA...
                  Been a pleasure. I was hooked to this board many years ago by your "Did You Know" thread. I'll make one final comment there..for the hell of it.

Even though there have been some really horrible threads, comments and arguments here for these years, there were still times of good football talk...from the Giants to our arch enemies.

When I joined, my son couldn't believe it, as I am not a FB or Twitter kind of guy. Actually, I think MySpace was still around then!

Sad to see it go...

sigpic

Comment

terrible decision ...

**** this decision ...
                    I agree 1000 % YA. Very true. Thank You
                    Last edited by BigBlueBoricua; 05-17-2018, 10:06 AM.
                    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

There will be an unofficial board, like HF boards does with hockey. Itís better. Sucks for me though because I donít live in the Big Apple, Iím upstate, and this is really my only way of communicating Giants. It helps commiserating after a loss and celebrating victory

Comment

Originally posted by Makin Plays View Post
                        Youíbe ended the only way Iíve had of interacting with the NYG fanbase for the past ten years. Because Iím one of many people who donít want anything to do with Facebook and Twitter, any voice iíve had in being a fanatic is silenced. This has been a uniquely democratic online community where Iíve felt a sense of engagement with my team and have gained insights into things I otherwise wouldnít have. I really believe your decision to to pull the plug is an unfortunate one and will negatively affect the engagement many of the posters here will have with the team theyíve supported in good times and bad.

All the best,
                        Go Giants.

Makin Plays (AKA Aaron)
                        you rarely post....
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by G1.. View Post

The Giants and becuase it costs them $200 dollars a year.
                          It's complete bull****, just about every website building took out there has a message board component built into it. It's a matter of the fact that this MB does not generate any obvious revenue for them because they don't put ads on it.
                          All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

I think when the Administrator reads these posts, this board will suddenly disappear a lot quicker then July!
                            Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

it seems like every team is shutting down their official boards these days. its a big shame as i've always enjoyed browsing and posting here.

there's a subreddit that's pretty active: https://www.reddit.com/r/NYGiants/
                              t: @kenmare91

Comment

terrible decision ...

**** this decision ...
                                thank you YA you have been a respected voice for years,and you just summed up how many of us feel,thanks to rosey coming to the rescue we can all still interact.

Comment

Working...
                                X