This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time For Some Honestly Here.....

Unlike the "Moderating Team" whoever that is.........let's be honest. This has nothing to do with alternate social media, they can do that regardless.
    This is about sticking it to Giants fans.
    I've been on other team's MB's.....NONE of them has anything near the activity ours does. I would guess the post count on this site approaches or exceeds 4 figures per day. This is a very active team message board. The most active I've seen.

It provides a forum for Giants fans from all over to talk about their team. And Giants fans have participated in huge numbers.

This is simply about being lazy and not giving a damned about fans. It started with the building of that horrible stadium designed exclusively for rich fans who can afford sky boxes or expensive seats in the 100 section. While everyone else has to form an expedition and hire scouts to get to the upper levels.

It's the final "screw you" from Giants management to it's fans.

Message received.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

"It's the final "screw you" from Giants management to it's fans."

LOL. That was funny. And is ridiculous.

Comment

+1 but I'll always be a Giants fan.
      "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
      "No...I didn't."
      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Social media can be better or worse. Some of the nicest and harshest things are on social media. Get the popcorn ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          Unlike the "Moderating Team" whoever that is.........let's be honest. This has nothing to do with alternate social media, they can do that regardless.
          I've been on other team's MB's.....NONE of them has anything near the activity ours does. I would guess the post count on this site approaches or exceeds 4 figures per day. This is a very active team message board. The most active I've seen.

It provides a forum for Giants fans from all over to talk about their team. And Giants fans have participated in huge numbers.

This is simply about being lazy and not giving a damned about fans. It started with the building of that horrible stadium designed exclusively for rich fans who can afford sky boxes or expensive seats in the 100 section. While everyone else has to form an expedition and hire scouts to get to the upper levels.

Message received.
          In all fairness, Message Boards are being closed across the Internet. I think we will see a lot of boards close soon. They are all going to social media. But not me!
          Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Or it's just time to move on?

Twitter, Reddit, Facebook are all the new era of message boards. vBulletins are pre-historic now. It's hard to get over, but it's the reality we're in.

Why would the org continue paying $200+ a year for a forums license when there's free outlets such as the ones I listed?

Not only that, you have people like Die-Hard single-handedly being a ******bag and tampering with fans ways of interacting with others. Even if it is a little over the top, when are we not passionate about our team? Are you going to hand out an infraction at a tailgate because 2 people disagree?

Let's add in the fact that Roanoke, while respected, his main job is to copy and paste articles from different websites here. That was the main activity daily here. Is that really being productive?

Comment

Originally posted by bigjeep View Post

In all fairness, Message Boards are being closed across the Internet. I think we will see a lot of boards close soon. They are all going to social media. But not me!
              I tearea can hate it and wish there was a way to save it
              Football has been very, very good to us.
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
              4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE
              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by Shimmy View Post
                Why would the org continue paying $200+ a year for a forums license

Is that two-hundred-dollars????

A year???

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                "No...I didn't."
                "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by Shimmy View Post
                  Or it's just time to move on?

Twitter, Reddit, Facebook are all the new era of message boards. vBulletins are pre-historic now. It's hard to get over, but it's the reality we're in.

Why would the org continue paying $200+ a year for a forums license when there's free outlets such as the ones I listed?

Not only that, you have people like Die-Hard single-handedly being a ******bag and tampering with fans ways of interacting with others. Even if it is a little over the top, when are we not passionate about our team? Are you going to hand out an infraction at a tailgate because 2 people disagree?

Let's add in the fact that Roanoke, while respected, his main job is to copy and paste articles from different websites here. That was the main activity daily here. Is that really being productive?
                  I share your view of Die-Hard, ha ha.

To be fair, though, Roanoke has served as a one-source funnel of all articles Giants, which saves a lot of time and has provided at times rich sources for thread debates. So, it was productive in that way.

Comment

RF has been great with the articles. I'm sure some of you missed out way back when the articles had pictures too.

Comment

Message received.
                      Ouch! Kinda harsh, doncha think? Simma donna now! See you on BigBlueWreckingCrew (bbwc.com), waddya say Morehead?

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
                        RF has been great with the articles. I'm sure some of you missed out way back when the articles had pictures too.
                        man those were the days!

Comment

Blame the new regime....They want to clean up the fans too. Jerry Reese would have kept the messageboard

LMAO
                          Long Live the King

Comment

Things change time to move on. Itís not the end of the world

Comment

Message received.
                              Had similar thoughts started a post but decided to delete it ...idk just seems like another disconnection from the fans ... This type of format / message board works for me... social media , for get it that's just not gonna work for me ... I've seen their face book page ain't happening ... I'll chase the boards till the last one dies ....

Comment

Working...
                              X