This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I understand the recent news is disappointing to most members, but let's try to not keep beating up each other as the lights are dimmed.
    Are you trying to prevent me from my goal of reinventing myself as a Diehard hater...I mean realist?

Comment

• I don't see closing down a message board as a way to screw the fans when there are other team-related social media outlets where fans can express their views. Some fans prefer message boards and other fans prefer Twitter, Facebook, etc. Some NFL teams like the Giants are phasing out the message board to focus on other social media platforms and other teams around the league will eventually do the same thing.

The same thing will happen with message boards with other pro sports leagues if it's not already happening. It's just a sign of the times. Just like players want to focus on building their brand on social media the teams are trying to do the same thing. I love this message board, but it's not the only place online that I talk about the Giants.
      One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

We'd rather not have to do that
        Were you paid as a moderator for these boards? Are you employed by the New York Giants?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shimmy View Post
          Were you paid as a moderator for these boards? Are you employed by the New York Giants?
          no he isnt and he volunteer's his time willingly to put up with the trash he gets from some on this board.
          "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

• i might as well come clean, i am a big Eli fan.

Comment

• Quite a shame. I've been lurking for years. Never expected these forums to actually get shut down.

Comment

• from what I have seen most of us have already moved on to another board and it looks to be pretty good and I for one don't really care what this message board does because they sure as hell didn't care about us....

Comment

• Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                  i might as well come clean, i am a big Elvis fan.
                  Nice to know

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Are you trying to prevent me from my goal of reinventing myself as a Diehard hater...I mean realist?
                    Well, Diehard is a personal attack while diehard is a condition...
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

Maybe you should write another letter to the front office to....oh, I dunno, complain some more about everything.

Better yet, you think I’m somehow responsible for the boards going away? You’re even more hilarious than I thought. Get to work on that letter, sport, maybe you can get the whole front office laughing at you again, because believe me, they were
                      Maybe you should try knowing what you're talking about before you flood the boards with your written diarrhea. I didn't write any letter to the front office to complain about you, nor did I imply that you would have any impact on the closing of the boards at all. You literally have zero impact as to whether or not these boards exist, so why would I waste my time doing so? Why would you even assume that I did? The only explanation as to why you would assume so is this inflated sense of self-worth and delusions of grandeur.

Contort my words all you like, all that I was saying is that you were a horrible admin, and many people, including those in this thread, agree. Anyway, since we've been hearing so much about these phantom letters to the organization, why don't you indulge us by posting them? We're all dying to know who the mean person was, the one who wrote to the organization and forced your resignation! So now that the boards are closing and you have no affiliation to the organization, why not post them? If not we'll just have to assume that you are a lunatic and a liar for fabricating such a ridiculous story.

Comment

• Now this is entertainment. Should have allowed these types of posts long ago maybe In a sub forum where everyone could vent.

Comment

Well, Diehard is a personal attack while diehard is a condition...
                          Die-Hard is a way of life, good sir, and many are green with envy that they’ll never achieve such heights
                          The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                            Now this is entertainment. Should have allowed these types of posts long ago maybe In a sub forum where everyone could vent.
                            Just stick to kicking the dog and punching the couch cushions. No one cares to see you cry
                            The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Just stick to kicking the dog and punching the couch cushions. No one cares to see you cry
                              The initials fit. DH always meant something else when I was growing up.

Comment

Why? Because I didn’t let the kids run wild and do whatever they wanted without repercussions?

Imagine that....a moderator who did what was asked of him. You millennials crack me the F up
                                Die Hard... you were the only mod who ever gave me a short ban... and I knew I deserved it.
                                Yep, you were a hard *** at times...exactly as was needed for controlling a bunch of loose canons who always pressed the limits.
                                I respect and appreciate all the thankless time you mods devoted to the site... Every single one who complained about you all should then tell us how many hours a day and a week they are willing to devote, for free, to try to do a better job and keep some semblance of sanity among a pack of 'crazed dogs'.

Comment

Working...
                                X