Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Mara.

Dear Mr.Mara.

I have been a Giants fan for most of my life. For me Giants Football is a symbol of what makes the tristate area great. As a Giants fan I have gone through tough times just as the team has. The parallel has given me the reality that nothing comes easy or should be given. It should be earned through determination and persistence. Being a Giantís fan has given me a sense of prestige that is not obtainable with other sports teams I choose to follow. It is Giants history, Giants pride, Giants perseverance, that sets a standard that gives a sense of fulfilment.

On May,15 2018, it was announced that the Official Giantsí Message board would cease operations in mid-July. I understand the reasons why. Technology changes, Society evolves. The Social aspect of marketing moves forward.
    On the other end of the spectrum there are timeless items, A 57 Chevy, A Bamboo Fly-rod, A grass field underneath an open roof stadium. Although technology has improved, and the engineering has progressed. There are some things, when you see it, you know you are in the presence of something special. It defies age and ensues a warm feeling of satisfaction that is only reproduced on rare occasions.

The Giants Message board is one of those timeless treasures. One that should be preserved and not so easily pushed aside. The Fans that frequent are much as myself. They use the nostalgic format to form a sense community. Although a new BMW is safer and is trendier to drive. The 57 Chevy is just down right cool and turns every head as it drives by. I agree a Social media is the newest platform for communication. Does it give the heartbeat of how the fan base feels? I have found the Message board does. If there is such thing as a true fan. I will say this the members on the message board are the closest to what a true fan is. When it is deleted as conveyed in the notification. Twenty plus years of ideas, passion, friendly discourse and for some who have passed away their voices silenced forever.

In the big scheme of things, the message board is insignificant. For us that frequent it; to read, post and just chat with friends it is not. It is an oasis from the grind of lifeís tribulations that we endure daily What I feel right now I can equate to someone getting an eviction notice.

Please reconsider and allow the Message board to continue. Just as the 57 Chevy, the message board can co-exist with more advanced technology

Thank you for your consideration.

Each one of us should send this exact message to him.

If any tweaks need to be made or anything needs to be added feel free to modify it.
    Last edited by TEM; 05-16-2018, 09:22 AM.
    "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

2018,not 2017

Comment

Originally posted by G1.. View Post
      2018,not 2017
      thanks
      "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Mara sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

thanks
          Itís May Bro, youíre still writing 2017?

Comment

Can't hire one web admin Mr. Mara?

Comment

he has done everything in his powers to be disliked that is for sure.

Comment

I know I am an "OLD timer " !! But I believe many of are problems are because of social media .
                Yes I use computer , but I [as many others ] do not like this decision to shut down boards.
                As you can see - you are not allowed to respond to their announcement of their "STUPID " decision !!

Comment

I really can't think of any good reason why the Giants would shut down the message board. I am late into this but is it the entire site or just the message board? I really can't believe the cost to run the site and the board has any impact on the Giants Revenue. With that said hope smarter minds prevail in this decision and looking forward to a good year in 2018.
                  Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Morrison View Post
                    I really can't think of any good reason why the Giants would shut down the message board. I am late into this but is it the entire site or just the message board? I really can't believe the cost to run the site and the board has any impact on the Giants Revenue. With that said hope smarter minds prevail in this decision and looking forward to a good year in 2018.
                    just the MB. Personally I detest Facebook, and don't use Instagram, so those platforms don't do squat for me. Lots of folks are migrating to the boards that Rosey set up, there is sticky thread at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Morrison View Post
                      As we saw when they built the new stadium, fans don't count, just there money!
                      Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Well if the Giants want Revenue to run the Message Board.
                        Then why not just sell advertisement on the Board.
                        ​​​​This will help maintain revenue and the Board.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
                          Dear Mr.Mara.

I have been a Giants fan for most of my life. For me Giants Football is a symbol of what makes the tristate area great. As a Giants fan I have gone through tough times just as the team has. The parallel has given me the reality that nothing comes easy or should be given. It should be earned through determination and persistence. Being a Giantís fan has given me a sense of prestige that is not obtainable with other sports teams I choose to follow. It is Giants history, Giants pride, Giants perseverance, that sets a standard that gives a sense of fulfilment.

On May,15 2018, it was announced that the Official Giantsí Message board would cease operations in mid-July. I understand the reasons why. Technology changes, Society evolves. The Social aspect of marketing moves forward.
                          On the other end of the spectrum there are timeless items, A 57 Chevy, A Bamboo Fly-rod, A grass field underneath an open roof stadium. Although technology has improved, and the engineering has progressed. There are some things, when you see it, you know you are in the presence of something special. It defies age and ensues a warm feeling of satisfaction that is only reproduced on rare occasions.

The Giants Message board is one of those timeless treasures. One that should be preserved and not so easily pushed aside. The Fans that frequent are much as myself. They use the nostalgic format to form a sense community. Although a new BMW is safer and is trendier to drive. The 57 Chevy is just down right cool and turns every head as it drives by. I agree a Social media is the newest platform for communication. Does it give the heartbeat of how the fan base feels? I have found the Message board does. If there is such thing as a true fan. I will say this the members on the message board are the closest to what a true fan is. When it is deleted as conveyed in the notification. Twenty plus years of ideas, passion, friendly discourse and for some who have passed away their voices silenced forever.

In the big scheme of things, the message board is insignificant. For us that frequent it; to read, post and just chat with friends it is not. It is an oasis from the grind of lifeís tribulations that we endure daily What I feel right now I can equate to someone getting an eviction notice.

Please reconsider and allow the Message board to continue. Just as the 57 Chevy, the message board can co-exist with more advanced technology

Thank you for your consideration.

Each one of us should send this exact message to him.

If any tweaks need to be made or anything needs to be added feel free to modify it.
                          Well said. Thank You.
                          1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

There are certainly ways they could of explored to keep site going. Advertiding as some mentioned.
                            I would of been open to even paying a monthly membership fee to help keep it up and running

This board has got me through a lot of rough times. Deaths of my parents both diehards and things people did ( like Bansaw ) for my dad's funeral will never be forgotten

Lots of IConic threads also go down with the ship
                            Football has been very, very good to us.
                            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                            4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE
                            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                              There are certainly ways they could of explored to keep site going. Advertiding as some mentioned.
                              I would of been open to even paying a monthly membership fee to help keep it up and running

This board has got me through a lot of rough times. Deaths of my parents both diehards and things people did ( like Bansaw ) for my dad's funeral will never be forgotten

Lots of IConic threads also go down with the ship
                              Me too before I started posting I read threads off the site. I learned a lot from this board.

Comment

Working...
                              X