A little tribute....THEE Swag Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little tribute....THEE Swag Thread

Probably the greatest casualty of the board closing is our beloved THEE thread. Several years ago we did some research and it was the second longest thread on the entire internet and the longest thread on any sports MB. Don't know where it stands now.

We have had over 227,000 posts. This has been a constant 9 year conversation among friends. The names have evolved over the years but the relationships have been constant.

Meyerbud, Blondie, Daven, BLT, Pizzy, Dezipoo, Big B., Lando, Kase, JMike, Sarc, JoeBigBlue, Jimmy Ray, Zim and many many more. Many of us got together once a year at a Giants game and had great tailgate parties.
    The Mods pretty much left us alone and we have conversations you're not supposed to have......but it's always been fun.

Before the boards close, you all should go and look at that thread. It's a journey in Giants history over the past 9 years.

It started with Meyerbud in preparation for the 2009 draft, and evolved into an epic thread with countless topics.

It's been a part of my life for all these years and I want to thank all my THEE thread friends for giving me **** for all these years.

All good things come to an end.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    Probably the greatest casualty of the board closing is our beloved THEE thread. Several years ago we did some research and it was the second longest thread on the entire internet and the longest thread on any sports MB. Don't know where it stands now.

We have had over 227,000 posts. This has been a constant 9 year conversation among friends. The names have evolved over the years but the relationships have been constant.

Meyerbud, Blondie, Daven, BLT, Pizzy, Dezipoo, Big B., Lando, Kase, JMike, Sarc, JoeBigBlue, Jimmy Ray, Zim and many many more. Many of us got together once a year at a Giants game and had great tailgate parties.
    The Mods pretty much left us alone and we have conversations you're not supposed to have......but it's always been fun.

Before the boards close, you all should go and look at that thread. It's a journey in Giants history over the past 9 years.

It started with Meyerbud in preparation for the 2009 draft, and evolved into an epic thread with countless topics.

It's been a part of my life for all these years and I want to thank all my THEE thread friends for giving me **** for all these years.

All good things come to an end.
    And when the boards shutdown it will be gone forever.

Comment

Wow. RIP to your circle jerk. What will we ever do when an internet board shuts down.

Comment

how convenient. gif says giantmonster.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
          And when the boards shutdown it will be gone forever.
          Nope...started up already on the new board. You are more than welcome to participate.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimmy View Post
            Wow. RIP to your circle jerk. What will we ever do when an internet board shuts down.

LOL ..

Comment

How life affirming....

Comment

Music, politics, knives, anime, heating and cooling systems, Montana, wrestling, sausages......we covered it all.......
                "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                "No...I didn't."
                "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

LOLOLOL!!! Maybe we can create a "Thee Circle Jerk" thread over at Rosie's place?

Comment

Id say become drive by internet message board a-holes but that job is clearly filled.

Plus we prefer the term back patting, hippie commune, thank you very much.
                    Last edited by Sarcasman; 05-16-2018, 10:53 AM.

Comment

was/is a great thread and it's crazy how it kept going for almost a decade now

Comment

Ya know whats crazy, Matt and Blondie met up through these boards, got married and now have 2 kids.....Due to THEE thread, LOL

We have had some good memories throughout nearly a decade. Ive got to meet a bunch of you guys and have become friends with most.... cept that dbag Morehead, LOL. Hell MMB, Blondie, and Lando i see on a somewhat regular basis. I see Shep nearly every game he drives up from Maryland for, and i really appreciate what we've had over the years
                        Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

I'm just getting back from vacation seeing this announcement. Pretty shocked but thats life. I never really made friends but always valued this message board. It was great place to vent frustrations. Always enjoyed all the regulars. Never will forget calling the SuperBowl in 07 before the season, I was almost booted from here because of my obsession lol. Thank God the came through for us!!
                          Emperor Tom

Comment

Thanks for the salute, MH I wish I came to Thee sooner, but in the early years the conversations moved so fast that if you missed 2-3 hours you might have 4-5 pages to catch up on. It was just too fast paced for my frequency, so I stayed away.
                            A very diverse group of nice regulars who bust each other's chops, tongue-in-cheek, and respectfully. Where you can have opposing opinions and you're not ridiculed. I've appreciated you all accepting me, and my old fartness

Comment

Working...
                            X