Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternative Message board list

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

    I think there is code on the site on the ads. Cause it doesn't happen anywhere else.

    I tested on a windows phone with a clean install and it happened there as well. I'm using edge lol, I'll try chrome and see what happens. Another thing is that my work proxy blocks as dangerous site I'll get the error and see what is causing this.

    It also used to happen here a month or 2 ago and the the Adkins fixed it.
    AI am not seeing it on any device . If there was a problem with the site. My Norton would have flagged it. I am using edge chrome. Sometimes IE . I do not get any redirects. I would still run scan the on the device. . If you know anything about packet data, you can install Wireshark . It will show you where the redirect is coming from ( the client or the host.).
    "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by TEM View Post

      AI am not seeing it on any device . If there was a problem with the site. My Norton would have flagged it. I am using edge chrome. Sometimes IE . I do not get any redirects. I would still run scan the on the device. . If you know anything about packet data, you can install Wireshark . It will show you where the redirect is coming from ( the client or the host.).
      I got in yesterday.from my devices. But there were others that were/are still complaining. I think it'd a form of malvertising.


      It was happening on this message board as well and RoanokeFan escalated it to the site developers and they resolved it. Prolly took out the ads with the bad code.
      Last edited by DarkSaint; 05-26-2018, 07:37 AM.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

        I got in yesterday.from my devices. But there were others that were/are still complaining. I think it'd a form of malvertising.


        It was happening on this message board as well and RoanokeFan escalated it to the site developers and they resolved it. Prolly took out the ads with the bad code.
        If you click on the ad I can agree. When you click on a button , a link to a tread or reply and you get a redirect . It is the client not the host.

        If it was the host . everyone would be getting the same redirect. If AdBlock is stopping the redirect it is always client.

        A malad might install crap on the device. That could be the case.
        Last edited by TEM; 05-26-2018, 08:09 AM.
        "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by TEM View Post

          If you click on the ad I can agree. When you click on a button , a link to a tread or reply and you get a redirect . It is the client not the host.

          If it was the host . everyone would be getting the same redirect. If AdBlock is stopping the redirect it is always client.

          A malad might install crap on the device. That could be the case.
          Iíll read up on it, issue is resolved for now. Iíll have check my apps although most of not all are first party apps. I

          Comment

          Working...
          X