Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five New York Giants who could be primed for breakout seasons

https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/5/1...olivier-vernon

Excerpt: "Which players are the most likely candidates to have breakout seasons for the New York Giants in 2018? Well, before you can answer the question you have to define the parameters of what qualifies as a breakout season.

Bleacher Report has chosen rookie running back Saquon Barkley as the Giant most likely to have a breakout season. Granted, a healthy Barkley could produce in the neighborhood of 1,500 yards of total offense — maybe more. Still, I can’t consider Barkley a “breakout” candidate.

Breaking out from what? For me, you can’t be a breakout candidate if you have never played in the NFL — if you have nothing to break out from. Breakout candidates, for me, are guys who have been in the league and established a performance baseline. Exceeding that can be considered a breakout.

With that in mind, here are five players I consider candidates for breakout 2018 seasons with the Giants. Cody Latimer

The Giants signed Latimer as a free agent for a few reasons.
    • His prowess on special teams as a punt gunner.
    • His experience, limited though it is with 18 returns in four seasons.
    • His upside as a big-bodied wide receiver.

It is this last point that makes him a candidate to be a breakout player. Latimer had a career-high 19 receptions for the Denver Broncos on 31 targets, which also equated to a career-best 61.3 percent catch rate.

Nineteen catches, though, doesn’t exactly equate to a breakout year. There could be far more opportunities for Latimer with the Giants. Right now, he looks like the favorite to be the No. 3 wide receiver next to Odell Beckham Jr. and Sterling Shepard. If Latimer earns that spot and remains healthy, could a 40-50 catch season be possible?" Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Who cares. We won't be here for it... :-(
    http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
      Who cares. We won't be here for it... :-(
      I know this seems to now be a Lame Duck MB
      "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Shepard maybe qualifies as breakout I dunno

Comment

The Giant that has to breakout is Eli Apple or it's going to be a long, long year. He is really the key non-rookie on the team. Coverage will be awful if he's bad. Teams will just avoid Jenkins and attack the other spots.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueTradeEli View Post
            The Giant that has to breakout is Eli Apple or it's going to be a long, long year. He is really the key non-rookie on the team. Coverage will be awful if he's bad. Teams will just avoid Jenkins and attack the other spots.
            We actually agree on something. Did hell freeze over, or the MB is getting dismantled. Oh wait yep. that explains it
            "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

And yet here we are
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueTradeEli View Post
                WOW! I'm actually going to agree with you for once. DG made a mess in the secondary. I don't care what anyone says, Jenkins, DRC and C0ckrell were a solid unit. Sure, last year the entire team fell off the cliff, but the offense kept expecting the defense to bail them out.

It finally caught up to them. Jenkins is the only assurance back there. I don't think DG tried hard enough to negotiate with DRC, if at all, and letting C0ckrell walk was dumb. Like i said in another post, they better have one hell of a pass rush this season or teams are going to feast on the other corners.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

And yet here we are
                  HaHa

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

Lol

Comment

Latimer may surprise but King but king would have have worked out next to Odell.

Comment

Big Blue Wrecking Crew Message board will have a breakout year. It will become the number 1 NYG fan forum.

Long Live the King

Comment

Working...
                        X