Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
    I dont agree.......

he is a problem waiting to happen We have one of those already.
    we need DL and OL, and CBs....
    I dont think he'd be a problem. He's very competitive just like Odell. But yeah we need help elsewhere more than at WR.

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
      Team Chemistry could suffer. Dez would be an after thought until we get in the redzone.

He *****ed about targets in Dallas...can u imagine?
      i have dibs on dez cthrowing a tantrum before odell.

Comment

If Dez is that good then why hasn't he been signed by any team yet?

Let's pass on Dez and fill in some of the other holes we currently have.

I don't think Dez is willing to be the #3-#4 receiving option here in NY

Comment

Originally posted by southerngirl View Post

I dont think he'd be a problem. He's very competitive just like Odell. But yeah we need help elsewhere more than at WR.
          thats the exact reason he will be a problem. Not enough passes to go around. He pisses and moans when he doesnt get enough targets.

Besides I feel he is just not needed at this point,
          "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by IBleedblue2323 View Post
            If Dez is that good then why hasn't he been signed by any team yet?

Let's pass on Dez and fill in some of the other holes we currently have.

I don't think Dez is willing to be the #3-#4 receiving option here in NY
            +100
            "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

I almost threw up reading this
              1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

He turned down a multi year deal from Ravens saying he only wants a one year prove it deal so he can go for a big payday as a FA in 2019

Now GB is on deck next to possibly make him an offer
                That's what I understand. A 1 year deal is fine. That would be some passing offense in G.B. from Rogers to Bryant wr, Graham te, Adams wr, Cobb slot. Whew ! But until he signs it seems this Bryant to Giants story just won't die.

But with only 8 mil and a brand new coach in his first year with us he doesn't need any potential problems. One year low salary he could be gone if any type real problems at any time. Probably on best behavior.

Question is the risk worth the reward ? Of course there's the amount he'd play for ? And if he'd be happy with the amount of targets per game ? So as much as I would salivate for him as a 3rd to 5th target in our offense I'm leaning toward no not this year. Maybe someone else breaks loose.

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post

That's what I understand. A 1 year deal is fine. That would be some passing offense in G.B. from Rogers to Bryant wr, Graham te, Adams wr, Cobb slot. Whew ! But until he signs it seems this Bryant to Giants story just won't die.

But with only 8 mil and a brand new coach in his first year with us he doesn't need any potential problems. One year low salary he could be gone if any type real problems at any time. Probably on best behavior.

Question is the risk worth the reward ? Of course there's the amount he'd play for ? And if he'd be happy with the amount of targets per game ? So as much as I would salivate for him as a 3rd to 5th target in our offense I'm leaning toward no not this year. Maybe someone else breaks loose.
                  Probably never going to happen. But he could be what Brandon Marshall was supposed to be last year
                  Football has been very, very good to us.
                  After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                  But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                  2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                  3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                  4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE
                  Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Probably never going to happen. But he could be what Brandon Marshall was supposed to be last year
                    Yes exactly, makes you think maybe we shouldn't have been so quick to jettison Brandon. We could bring him back after game 2 I believe of the regular season and he only gets paid game checks. I may not be exact but some rule like that is in place.

Comment

I wouldn't be opposed to the Giants signing Dez, but I don't see it happening. Jenkins should just focus on the players that will likely be on the final roster and not a player he wants on the roster.
                      One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Yes exactly, makes you think maybe we shouldn't have been so quick to jettison Brandon. We could bring him back after game 2 I believe of the regular season and he only gets paid game checks. I may not be exact but some rule like that is in place.
                        So Marshall hasn't signed anywhere yet? I think he asked if he could take a pay cut to stay and the Giant's refused
                        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE

Comment

So Marshall hasn't signed anywhere yet? I think he asked if he could take a pay cut to stay and the Giant's refused
                          Oh well so much for my theory. Maybe if he heals from his injury and the Giants see what they have at the X receiver as I fear they will consider all options again. Who knows maybe Lewis or Lattimore will surprise me.

Comment

Dez drops too many passes or else I would’ve definitely been on board with signing him. He will be a nightmare but it’s too bad he won’t get as many looks and when he will, he’ll drop them.

Comment

Oh well so much for my theory. Maybe if he heals from his injury and the Giants see what they have at the X receiver as I fear they will consider all options again. Who knows maybe Lewis or Lattimore will surprise me.
                              Maybe the Giants reconsider if he's still out there closer to season starting and he still hasn't signed if no one emerges from what they have. I doubt it lewis. Giant's Know what they have in him. Serviceable for sure but i don't be think for one second they are hoping it's him .

4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                                Dez drops too many passes or else I would’ve definitely been on board with signing him. He will be a nightmare but it’s too bad he won’t get as many looks and when he will, he’ll drop them.
                                So does Odell and all the rest of our WRs last few years. I think if he is the 3 he'd have way less pressure on him and have a monster year

4-New York Giants!!!
                                5-NE

Comment

Working...
                                X