Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penn State QB breaks down the inner Saquon Barkley

https://nypost.com/2018/05/16/penn-s...aquon-barkley/

Excerpt: "One day, and one day soon if Giants GM Dave Gettleman is right, Eli Manning will be gushing about Saquon Barkley the way Trace McSorley was gushing about him over the phone.

“You got guys like Barry Sanders, a guy like Bo Jackson, I think Saquon’s physical abilities are right along those lines,” McSorley told The Post. “But then you add it to his work ethic and kinda his drive, where he wants to be, where he sees himself — I definitely think that he can work to become one of the best running backs in NFL history and obviously a gold-jacket type guy with the combination of those two things.”

The Post asked the Penn State Heisman quarterback candidate to break down his former running back in various categories:

Speed: “The Indiana game, the first play he takes the kickoff back, just kinda outran everyone.”

Quickness: “He catches the ball with one hand, next step makes a little quick juke move, makes the guy miss, accelerates down the field, makes another guy miss with one step.” Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

thats why he was drafted at #2. He is not just a "good running back". He wants to be the best.

"it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Short dump offs could be 50 yard TDs. I got a feeling that we will have explosive plays every week like in 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
        thats why he was drafted at #2. He is not just a "good running back". He wants to be the best.
        I hope he realizes his dreams
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
          Short dump offs could be 50 yard TDs. I got a feeling that we will have explosive plays every week like in 2015.
          If Eli can get him the ball on those "short dump offs"...which he has never proven he can do on a consistent basis. Nothing against Eli...but those short screen...dump off passes are not his strong suit.
          "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Originally posted by fansince69 View Post

If Eli can get him the ball on those "short dump offs"...which he has never proven he can do on a consistent basis. Nothing against Eli...but those short screen...dump off passes are not his strong suit.
            Short screen and dump off passes are 2 completely different things.

The non existent screen pass to the rb has to do with the oline and instead of Eli.

Yeah Eli has been off target on many of those throws but oline allowing instant pressure doesn't help. There was also no threat of a run game to help. Having a good game great run game helps out every aspect of the offense

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              https://nypost.com/2018/05/16/penn-s...aquon-barkley/

Excerpt: "One day, and one day soon if Giants GM Dave Gettleman is right, Eli Manning will be gushing about Saquon Barkley the way Trace McSorley was gushing about him over the phone.

“You got guys like Barry Sanders, a guy like Bo Jackson, I think Saquon’s physical abilities are right along those lines,” McSorley told The Post. “But then you add it to his work ethic and kinda his drive, where he wants to be, where he sees himself — I definitely think that he can work to become one of the best running backs in NFL history and obviously a gold-jacket type guy with the combination of those two things.”

The Post asked the Penn State Heisman quarterback candidate to break down his former running back in various categories:

Speed: “The Indiana game, the first play he takes the kickoff back, just kinda outran everyone.”

Quickness: “He catches the ball with one hand, next step makes a little quick juke move, makes the guy miss, accelerates down the field, makes another guy miss with one step.” Read more...
              Nice article.I hope so.
              1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Working...
              X