Today I announce my official Retirement from the boards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I announce my official Retirement from the boards

Almost 15 years ago to the day, I joined this MB. It was one of the smartest decisions Iíve ever made. Before this I cherished my time trolling the eagles mb got banned when i said mcnabb was overrated . And I want board members everywhere to know the unique role that youíve played in my life. A father , a lover and a poet. But most importantly a Pessimistic Giant fan.

Over my MB career, Iíve had four head coaches who have helped me become better at my craft and have helped me become a better human being. Id like to thank the Mods for putting up with me all these years , i know i was on the edge quite a few times without being banned, it became an artform. Id like to thank the posters, i wish i can name the ones i felt are the best but there are so many i know i would leave a few out. but i thank you for all the years of entertainment. The argueing the yelling , the laughing and crying also. You will be missed.

When someone thoroughly exhausts an experience they canít help but revere it. I revere Posting. I love the game. So you donít have to wonder if Iíll miss it. Absolutely. Absolutely I will. I'm going to teach my son to enjoy the little things in life because one day they will look back and discover that those really were the big things. So here are the seemingly little things that when I look into my rearview mirror, have grown much bigger.

I will miss the goofy Eli sigs , I will miss the game day threads, i will miss the Polls and the discussions and some arguments after i stirred the pot.

Iíve learned a lot through my mistakes, stumbles and crow eaten in this forum. Iíve also learned this posting is a mighty platform that has given me a voice that can echo well beyond the game. This Board has taught me not to be led by obstructions and setbacks but instead to be led by dreams. Due to some good genes, Iím smart enough to know that those lessons can enrich who I am and where I go from here.

Pundits will speculate that my effort and drive over the past 15 years were about hate and working to master trolling these boards . Well, donít believe them. Because every moment, every drop of sweat, every bleary-eyed night of preparation, every note I took , every eli interception and every frame of film I watched was about one thing, reverence for this game and this team!!!

When I look back on my Posting career, Iíll know without a doubt that I gave everything I had. There were other posters who were more talented, smarter but there was no one who could out-prepare me and because of that I have no regrets.

Well, Iíve fought a good fight. Iíve finished my posting career and after almost 15 years, itís time. bless all of you and good luck Giants ."

Or, you could move your action over to this board: http://bbwc.proboards.com/board/2/bbwc-fan-forum

Historically, the BBWC board has had less participation than this one, but very good quality content. I'd love to see some of the better posters from this board move over there.

You're too young to retire!

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
      Almost 15 years ago to the day, I joined this MB. It was one of the smartest decisions Iíve ever made. Before this I cherished my time trolling the eagles mb got banned when i said mcnabb was overrated . And I want board members everywhere to know the unique role that youíve played in my life. A father , a lover and a poet. But most importantly a Pessimistic Giant fan.

Over my MB career, Iíve had four head coaches who have helped me become better at my craft and have helped me become a better human being. Id like to thank the Mods for putting up with me all these years , i know i was on the edge quite a few times without being banned, it became an artform. Id like to thank the posters, i wish i can name the ones i felt are the best but there are so many i know i would leave a few out. but i thank you for all the years of entertainment. The argueing the yelling , the laughing and crying also. You will be missed.

When someone thoroughly exhausts an experience they canít help but revere it. I revere Posting. I love the game. So you donít have to wonder if Iíll miss it. Absolutely. Absolutely I will. I'm going to teach my son to enjoy the little things in life because one day they will look back and discover that those really were the big things. So here are the seemingly little things that when I look into my rearview mirror, have grown much bigger.

I will miss the goofy Eli sigs , I will miss the game day threads, i will miss the Polls and the discussions and some arguments after i stirred the pot.

Iíve learned a lot through my mistakes, stumbles and crow eaten in this forum. Iíve also learned this posting is a mighty platform that has given me a voice that can echo well beyond the game. This Board has taught me not to be led by obstructions and setbacks but instead to be led by dreams. Due to some good genes, Iím smart enough to know that those lessons can enrich who I am and where I go from here.

Pundits will speculate that my effort and drive over the past 15 years were about hate and working to master trolling these boards . Well, donít believe them. Because every moment, every drop of sweat, every bleary-eyed night of preparation, every note I took , every eli interception and every frame of film I watched was about one thing, reverence for this game and this team!!!

When I look back on my Posting career, Iíll know without a doubt that I gave everything I had. There were other posters who were more talented, smarter but there was no one who could out-prepare me and because of that I have no regrets.

Well, Iíve fought a good fight. Iíve finished my posting career and after almost 15 years, itís time. bless all of you and good luck Giants ."
      Everyone has switched to Rosie's board. Please come over. If there was a GMB ring of honor....you'd be in it.

http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/
      Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

**** that **** You get *** to Rosey's site and keep the crew together
        "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

**** that **** You get *** to Rosey's site and keep the crew together
          I invited Harooni to join Rosey's board the other day but he declined telling me then that he was retiring

Comment

Originally posted by Eli_QB10 View Post

I invited Harooni to join Rosey's board the other day but he declined telling me then that he was retiring
            I'll tell you something about that guy. He took more crap from more posters and he NEVER attacked any poster in retaliation.

The guy took all kinds of slings and arrows and smiled right through it. He's good Peeps.
            Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Jeez, at this rate I'm expecting some Gatorade commercials ala Jeter's retirement.
              "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
              "No...I didn't."
              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Man, get your hind parts over to Rosie's board!

Comment

I'm calling bs. The next high throw Eli makes, you'll need a place to ***** about it hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I'll tell you something about that guy. He took more crap from more posters and he NEVER attacked any poster in retaliation.

The guy took all kinds of slings and arrows and smiled right through it. He's good Peeps.
                    I agree, although I have not had that much interaction with Harooni I liked that he was honest, spoke his mind and willing to eat crow, a class act in my book

Comment

Here's a parting article for ya https://www.sny.tv/giants/news/eli-m...2017/277101220
                      sigpic #80

Comment

Hey man I am in same boat as you. May 2003 (15 yrs ago this month) Crazy! right?
                        I always enjoyed your take on Giants (not that I always agreed with U : ) and I know there are other here as well that feel the same but I am not going to let a couple of corporate suits stop me from hanging with some great fans. Then they win so make your way over to Rosie's board! It won't be the same with out you dude. But if you decide against it well I wish you all the best of luck! ~Martin
                        sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

Originally posted by Eli_QB10 View Post

I agree, although I have not had that much interaction with Harooni I liked that he was honest, spoke his mind and willing to eat crow, a class act in my book
                          H is great guy . I was away and he got to a free site to watch the game online. No one should ever have a bad word in their mouth for him
                          "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Without question true blue.
                            sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

Been On here since 2004 and he is/was one of the first guys I remember from back then.....His obsession with Tiki is what i remember best...But you are right ...for as much crap ( and he did have some controversial opinions)...I don't ever remember him attacking another poster
                              "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Working...
                              X