Once you throw it out, you can never get it back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once you throw it out, you can never get it back

Hard to believe I have been here since 2002! All that time and only one infraction...LOL! I feel like I know you guys personally, even though I have never met any of you. Itís been a blast and part of my daily routine.

The level of emotion displayed here and the passionate arguments only prove how much we care about the New York Giants but there have also been touching personal moments...posters going into brain surgery, heading off to Iraq and Afghanistan, loss of family members. This has absolutely has been a real community we all belong to and will miss.

I think this decision was shortsighted. While things can go off the rails at times, the pendulum always swings back eventually and things correct themselves over time. If the decision has anything to do with the tenor on the boards over the past 12-24 months, I believe that when the team starts to turn the corner, the fans here will too.

Iím obviously making huge assumptions about why the shutdown is occurring and Iím probably completely off base. Whatever it is, personally I believe itís a bad decision and if the intention is to bring it back after a while, you should know you will forever lose the older generation who carry with them the history of the franchise from a true fan perspective. A very valuable asset to toss away.

Last edited by PennState1; 05-18-2018, 11:06 AM.

Well said. I'm still pretty surprised they are actually going through with this. I hope we all end up in the next location together, we need to keep our avatars the same though, that's how I know most of you.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
      Well said. I'm still pretty surprised they are actually going through with this. I hope we all end up in the next location together, we need to keep our avatars the same though, that's how I know most of you.
      Mike get you butt over to Rosey's MB and make an account.

http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com
      "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
        Hard to believe I have been here since 2002! All that time and only one infraction...LOL! I feel like I know you guys personally, even though I have never met any of you. Itís been a blast and part of my daily routine.

The level of emotion displayed here and the passionate arguments only prove how much we care about the New York Giants but there have also been touching personal moments...posters going into brain surgery, heading off to Iraq and Afghanistan, loss of family members. This has absolutely has been a real community we all belong to and will miss.

I think this decision was shortsighted. While things can go off the rails at times, the pendulum always swings back eventually and things correct themselves over time. If the decision has anything to do with the tenor on the boards over the past 12-24 months, I believe that when the team starts to turn the corner, the fans here will too.

Iím obviously making huge assumptions about why the shutdown is occurring and Iím probably completely off base. Whatever it is, personally I believe itís a bad decision and if the intention is to bring it back after a while, you should know you will forever lose the older generation who carry with them the history of the franchise from a true fan perspective. A very valuable asset to toss away.

Very well said.

I cannot for the life of me understand the actual thinking behind this decision.

John Mara swept aside his long time season ticket holders back in 2010, and now heís sweeping their most passionate fans away as well.

Unfathomable.

Comment

It's just mindboggling that they didn't come to us with at least an option to pay a monthly fee to keep it afloat??? Or advertising or combo of both. Yes all the things u said very true. It's like Family here. Never forget what Bansaw did for me and my family when my dad passed away
          Made something special graphic based for me to display at the funeral for my die hard dad!!

That's the stuff they are not seeing you won't find on Social Media
          Football has been very, very good to us.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
          4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE
          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Well said Penn. I hate social media
            1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

this whole business makes me feel totally unappreciated as a Giant fan by the organization sort of like how Eli must have felt when he was benched..

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post

Well said Penn. I hate social media
                Social media is anything but social.
                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

To my Nittany Lion friend, well said!

Now, get yourself over to Rosey's place with the same screen name so we can hold the gang together until the next great meeting place reveals itself.
                  No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post

Social media is anything but social.
                    I want to avoid those mindless, superficial social media platforms. That is the main reason we participate and enjoy our message board.

The majority of us have been here for so many years, yet who cares, right, J ??
                    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post

To my Nittany Lion friend, well said!

Now, get yourself over to Rosey's place with the same screen name so we can hold the gang together until the next great meeting place reveals itself.
                      Iím already there brother!

Comment

Iím obviously making huge assumptions about why the shutdown is occurring and Iím probably completely off base.
                        I'm not so sure you are. They could have sufficiently monetized this site to cover any costs. So, it has to be something else.

There's been a lot of criticism on this board of the decisions John Mara and Dave Gettleman have been making. Social media content is a lot easier to control.

There, I said it.

Comment

I thought this was an Eli thread. My mistake.

ha
                          Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

Very well said.

I cannot for the life of me understand the actual thinking behind this decision.

John Mara swept aside his long time season ticket holders back in 2010, and now heís sweeping their most passionate fans away as well.

Unfathomable.
                            Rosey, right now I'm trying to think of a good decision John Mara has made for the team since his father passed on, he continuously show us how good his father was.

Comment

Working...
                            X