Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants hope this is the roster that leads to turnaround

https://nypost.com/2018/05/20/giants...to-turnaround/

Excerpt: "Coming off a 3-13 unraveling, the Giants needed to tear down before they could build back up. They move into a new season with a new head coach and general manager. The roster after free agency and the draft has undergone a makeover.

The heavy lifting is nearly complete, with only minor tinkering yet to come. Here is a look how the Giants fared: Quarterback

Starter: Eli Manning

Key reserves: Davis Webb, Kyle Lauletta

From the moment they arrived, new general manager Dave Gettleman and new coach Pat Shurmur were all-in on Manning, strengthening his hold on the job he’s held for the past 14 years. Webb enters year No. 2 as the backup. Lauletta was added as a fourth-round pick from Richmond.

Upgrade? Yes. The strong endorsement from the new regime should boost Manning’s confidence. Webb has another year of experience, and Lauletta ups the ante on competition in the room and on the field. Running back

Starter: Saquon Barkley

Key reserves: Jonathan Stewart, Wayne Gallman

Barkley, the No. 2-overall pick in the draft, is considered a generational back and will play a huge role as a runner as well as a pass-catcher. Stewart, 31, is a 10-year veteran from the Panthers who is on the downside but can still grind out the tough yards. Gallman had 476 yards as a rookie.

Upgrade? Yes! Adding Barkley is akin to securing the Mona Lisa to your art collection — the value gets wildly inflated. Stewart figures to be a solid mentor to the younger backs. Wide receiver

Starters: Odell Beckham Jr., Sterling Shepard

Key reserves: Roger Lewis, Cody Latimer, Travis Rudolph

A return to health by Beckham, after playing in just four games in 2017 before fracturing his left ankle, is essential and expected — the offense was lost without him. Shepard is a quality slot target who needs to add more big plays to his résumé.

Upgrade? Yes. Having Beckham on the field instantly changes everything as far as how defenses deal with this offense. Cutting Brandon Marshall has no negative effect. It looks as if the No. 3 receiver will be a role player. Tight end

Starter: Evan Engram

Key reserves: Rhett Ellison, Jerell Adams" Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

According to the writer the Giants are only have 10 starters on the offense. LOL. I guess we are so good we do not need the 11th man.
    "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
      According to the writer the Giants are only have 10 starters on the offense. LOL. I guess we are so good we do not need the 11th man.
      Probably leaving a spot for my man Shane Smith who is for some reason listed as a TE this year instead of a FB.
      LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
      "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post

Probably leaving a spot for my man Shane Smith who is for some reason listed as a TE this year instead of a FB.
        He left out the 3rd WR or 2nd TE. He only listed 2 starters at WR & 1 TE so add in Lewis or Ellison and that's the 11th man. I guess? Lol
        Football has been very, very good to us.
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
        4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE
        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          https://nypost.com/2018/05/20/giants...to-turnaround/

Excerpt: "Coming off a 3-13 unraveling, the Giants needed to tear down before they could build back up. They move into a new season with a new head coach and general manager. The roster after free agency and the draft has undergone a makeover.

The heavy lifting is nearly complete, with only minor tinkering yet to come. Here is a look how the Giants fared: Quarterback

Starter: Eli Manning

Key reserves: Davis Webb, Kyle Lauletta

From the moment they arrived, new general manager Dave Gettleman and new coach Pat Shurmur were all-in on Manning, strengthening his hold on the job he’s held for the past 14 years. Webb enters year No. 2 as the backup. Lauletta was added as a fourth-round pick from Richmond.

Upgrade? Yes. The strong endorsement from the new regime should boost Manning’s confidence. Webb has another year of experience, and Lauletta ups the ante on competition in the room and on the field. Running back

Starter: Saquon Barkley

Key reserves: Jonathan Stewart, Wayne Gallman

Barkley, the No. 2-overall pick in the draft, is considered a generational back and will play a huge role as a runner as well as a pass-catcher. Stewart, 31, is a 10-year veteran from the Panthers who is on the downside but can still grind out the tough yards. Gallman had 476 yards as a rookie.

Upgrade? Yes! Adding Barkley is akin to securing the Mona Lisa to your art collection — the value gets wildly inflated. Stewart figures to be a solid mentor to the younger backs. Wide receiver

Starters: Odell Beckham Jr., Sterling Shepard

Key reserves: Roger Lewis, Cody Latimer, Travis Rudolph

A return to health by Beckham, after playing in just four games in 2017 before fracturing his left ankle, is essential and expected — the offense was lost without him. Shepard is a quality slot target who needs to add more big plays to his résumé.

Upgrade? Yes. Having Beckham on the field instantly changes everything as far as how defenses deal with this offense. Cutting Brandon Marshall has no negative effect. It looks as if the No. 3 receiver will be a role player. Tight end

Starter: Evan Engram

Key reserves: Rhett Ellison, Jerell Adams" Read more...
          So am I

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post

Could be but . I still found it to be funny.
            "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Giants hope this is the roster that leads to turnaround

What were doing last year? or the year before that? or...

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
                Giants hope this is the roster that leads to turnaround

What were doing last year? or the year before that? or...
                +1
                "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Working...
                X