Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Dave Gettleman was blind, would you take him over Jerry Reese?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Dave Gettleman was blind, would you take him over Jerry Reese?

I would.

Even if Gettleman was blind in both eyes, I'd rather have him as my GM than Reese.

He would instruct his assistants exactly what to look for, guide their process, and would have common sense on building a football team the correct way, putting together a 53 man roster with as little holes as possible.

I don't like to talk about JR he was a long time employee and was part of what they accomplished under EA, on the other hand so was DG a lot of the great free agent signings were while he was director of pro personnel,think the big difference is philosophy football players verses combine heroes,and building from inside out,so yes even if blind the team would look a lot different then a JR constructed team,JR had about5-6 years that no GM could recover from.

Comment

Let's take it easy ... Gettleman's first full regular season as Giants GM doesn't even start for 3 or 4 months yet.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Let's take it easy ... Gettleman's first full regular season as Giants GM doesn't even start for 3 or 4 months yet.

Doesn't matter really... this is more about how atrocious Reese is.

Comment

As arrogant as JR was...I would say Gettleman has already exceeded him in that category.

Gettleman is as smug and condescending as anyone I've seen.
          Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            As arrogant as JR was...I would say Gettleman has already exceeded him in that category.

Gettleman is as smug and condescending as anyone I've seen.

Gettleman is so hands-on, hardworking, and a film junkie....he has the right to be. He works 10x as hard as Reese.

Comment

Originally posted by ETMF999 View Post
              I would.

Even if Gettleman was blind in both eyes, I'd rather have him as my GM than Reese.

He would instruct his assistants exactly what to look for, guide their process, and would have common sense on building a football team the correct way, putting together a 53 man roster with as little holes as possible.
              In a related question...

Would you take a one-legged Eli Manning over Kent Graham? I think I would.

Comment

Gettleman is so hands-on, hardworking, and a film junkie....he has the right to be. He works 10x as hard as Reese.
                Based on what?

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Yeah...but this board won't be around to discuss....So he's right for starting the convo now..

lol
                  Long Live the King

Comment

GM Jerry Reese.....2 SB's
                    GM Dave Gettleman.....0 SB's.

Comment

Long Live the King

Comment

Based on what?

His own words.

Gettleman is hands-on while Reese relies on Ross.

Comment

GM Jerry Reese.....2 SB's
                          GM Dave Gettleman.....0 SB's.

GM Jerry Reese....2 SBs with Dave Gettleman's O-Line

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                            09ebee2ee50f5696a30fc8ee9e989dfb.jpg

Comment

GM Jerry Reese....2 SBs with Dave Gettleman's O-Line
                              Who's what?

Please provide some link of factual report that back's up this ridiculous claim.

I'm tired of the trashing of JR. Yes he made plenty of mistakes and I didn't have a problem with his being fired...just as I'm sure Panther fans were fine with Gettleman being fired.

But let's not have any revisionist history here. the guy was GM for 2 SB's and drafted and brought in some great football players.

Comment

Working...
                              X