Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davis Webb impresses on first day of OTAs as Eli Manning looks shaky

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.4002083

One day, but it summarizes what I wanted to see last November. It was what John Mara wanted to see. It was what Jerry Reese wanted to see. It was what Ben McAdoo wanted to see. And it was what 90% of Giants fans wanted to see. But Mike Francesa had to go on a fat rant and fire up the minuscule % of the fanbase
    that calls sports talk radio and make the Eli benching a crime. The charges? How can you bench a 36 year old QB playing badly for a bad team?

Eli better be on a short leash. His career was revived but he better look the part with these weapons Day 1, Game 1. None of the itís a new offense stuff. None of the 2 SB ring stuff. Only the no excuses, just results stuff. Eliís past cant help his future on the field.

Originally posted by BigBlueTradeEli View Post

One day, but it summarizes what I wanted to see last November. It was what John Mara wanted to see. It was what Jerry Reese wanted to see. It was what Ben McAdoo wanted to see. And it was what 90% of Giants fans wanted to see. But Mike Francesa had to go on a fat rant and fire up the minuscule % of the fanbase
    that calls sports talk radio and make the Eli benching a crime. The charges? How can you bench a 36 year old QB playing badly for a bad team?

Eli better be on a short leash. His career was revived but he better look the part with these weapons Day 1, Game 1. None of the itís a new offense stuff. None of the 2 SB ring stuff. Only the no excuses, just results stuff. Eliís past cant help his future on the field.
    agreed....
    Eli doesnt make excuses or himself so why should any one else.

But.....I just dont think Eli's leash will be that short. However for the first time in his career he will actually have a leash.......(maybe).

"it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

I like Webb's confidence. First time I have heard him "praise" himself like this. Good to see!!!

"I'm just trying to do the best I can," Webb said after practice. "I know it's going to be good enough. I'm throwing it really well. I have pretty good command of the offense considering I've only known it for about a month and a half. So (it's about) just kind of getting better each and every day and let them decide.
      "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post

agreed....
        Eli doesnt make excuses or himself so why should any one else.

But.....I just dont think Eli's leash will be that short. However for the first time in his career he will actually have a leash.......(maybe).

No excuses. Time to put up or move on. I agree the leash will be longer then necessary. I'm hoping Eli has something left, but we don't need to blow a season if we can't put up points. 2 games should be sufficient.

Comment

Davis Webb. AKA..."the future".

he will be behind center either during this season or starting the 2019 season.

Morehead has spoken.
          Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Webb heads unite

his nickname will be ďthe Webb SlingerĒ
            Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
              Webb heads unite

his nickname will be ďthe Webb SlingerĒ
              How about : "The Webbing Sligner"

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueTradeEli View Post

LOL, not the way the NFL works so I hope you're not to upset .Get your anti ELI BS ready becuase we all know it's coming as soon as he makes one mistake you will pounce,it's why you're a classic"bandwagon fan".

Comment

Good to see from Webb and not really concerned about Eli after a few passes.

Comment

Rrminder, the benching of Eli then the fans displeasure. Was ,due to Mc Adoo and Reese plan of not having Webb prepared to start his first NFL game. The season was a lost csuse. Yet, they decided to start G. Smith who had already established a track record.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      Davis Webb. AKA..."the future".

he will be behind center either during this season or starting the 2019 season.

Morehead has spoken.
                      I love the guy. I hope he's our next QB. I understood the value of Lauletta in the 4th round, but thought it was unnecessary for the team.

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post
                        Rrminder, the benching of Eli then the fans displeasure. Was ,due to Mc Adoo and Reese plan of not having Webb prepared to start his first NFL game. The season was a lost csuse. Yet, they decided to start G. Smith who had already established a track record.
                        Not the job of the General manager to get guys prepared to play. I continue to fail to see why it is the fault of Jerry Reese that Webb didn't play. Why is this blame not exclusively on the head coach and his assistants?

I think Webb will turn out to be good and will be the next NYG starting QB. And if that happens the pick Reese "wasted" will look a lot better. And even then you won't give him credit for the pick.
                        It is when one is working within limits, that the master begins to reveal himself.

Comment

All in on Webb

Comment

If Webb was what mcadoo and the front office wanted to see then we would have saw it.. Instead they benched Eli for Geno Smith.. did you forget about that?

Comment

Originally posted by ShineOnForever View Post
                              If Webb was what mcadoo and the front office wanted to see then we would have saw it.. Instead they benched Eli for Geno Smith.. did you forget about that?
                              apparently there is a lot more politics behind the scenes in the NFL than fans are aware of...

Comment

Working...
                              X