• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was what McAdoo wanted to see?

uh.... ok

Comment

Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post

An interception is an interception. A ball thrown behind a receiver is a ball thrown behind a receiver. Another pass that should've been intercepted is another pass that should've been intercepted.

I get what you are saying when it comes to opinions, but facts are facts.
      Itís possible that he was exaggerating no? The int was tipped Iíll give you that but there are a lot of giants haters that exaggerate every play to make it a huge negative. Posters do it here too.

Besides itís practice and eli had a great day today while Webb threw and int.

https://www.giants.com/news/notes-an...-practice-5-22

Comment

Originally posted by Glaw View Post

Teams shouldn't build a decent oline and running game around their 2 time sb mvp qb? The more you post the more you show you know very little about the game.
        Teams should do what they need to in order to win football games. It's not their job to provide anything for the benefit of a player. It's the players job to play good enough football to help their team win games.
        Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

I think he's referring to Ryan Nassib.

Btw...I met Ryan Nassib at a McDonald's drive-thru the other day. He gave me free fries. Nice guy.
          So...You're saying he was confused.......

Gotta agree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

Itís possible that he was exaggerating no? The int was tipped Iíll give you that but there are a lot of giants haters that exaggerate every play to make it a huge negative. Posters do it here too.

Besides itís practice and eli had a great day today while Webb threw and int.

https://www.giants.com/news/notes-an...-practice-5-22

Love it.

Eli is back!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Teams should do what they need to in order to win football games. I.
              Which includes protecting the qb and providing a running game, no?

Comment

Which includes protecting the qb and providing a running game, no?
                This is not new thinking.

You just make it sound like the team's mission should be to provide for an individual player.

Seems backwards to me.....but I guess if a fan adores a particular player so much, I can see how they can get things twisted like that.

Comment

This is not new thinking.

You just make it sound like the team's mission should be to provide for an individual player.

Seems backwards to me.....but I guess if a fan adores a particular player so much, I can see how they can get things twisted like that.
                  You're delusional. Didn't Rosie open up a forum for you to crap on. I think you've already hit this place up with enough bull. I noticed you tried to troll bbwc already without much success.

Comment

You're delusional. Didn't Rosie open up a forum for you to crap on. I think you've already hit this place up with enough bull. I noticed you tried to troll bbwc already without much success.
                    And....here it always evolves to with you. And what is bbwc?

You focus on the needs of the player instead of the team... It's as simple as that. You may want to ask yourself why that is.

Comment

Originally posted by krankeybluechick View Post
                      The same people that are enthralled with Webb are the same that wanted the powers to be draft a QB first and were pissed they didn't. lol
                      I think you've got that backwards. The ones that are enthralled with Webb DIDN'T want to draft a QB, 'cuz Webb is the golden child. "He's a hard worker". Well, nobody outworked Kellen Moore when he was an NFL quarterback. That hard work paid off, I guess...he's now the Cowboys' quarterbacks coach.

InsertFace-com-90-superman-m9HL5S.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisSmith33 View Post

Not the job of the General manager to get guys prepared to play. I continue to fail to see why it is the fault of Jerry Reese that Webb didn't play. Why is this blame not exclusively on the head coach and his assistants?

I think Webb will turn out to be good and will be the next NYG starting QB. And if that happens the pick Reese "wasted" will look a lot better. And even then you won't give him credit for the pick.
                        I belive it's called the chain of command.
                        If, a GM tells his HC to get someone ready to start a NFL game. If, the HC refuses, the the owner gets involved.
                        Webb, no one knows how he turn out right now.
                        BTW, it was Mc Adoo who wanted Webb.
                        He wanted Reese to draft him in second round.
                        Reese wanted Tomlinson. So third round he selected Webb.

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post

I belive it's called the chain of command.
                          If, a GM tells his HC to get someone ready to start a NFL game. If, the HC refuses, the the owner gets involved.
                          Webb, no one knows how he turn out right now.
                          BTW, it was Mc Adoo who wanted Webb.
                          He wanted Reese to draft him in second round.
                          Reese wanted Tomlinson. So third round he selected Webb.
                          There is a chain of command but there is also a separation of powers.
                          The HC is the ultimate decision maker on who plays and who doesn't.
                          Can you imagine JR trying to tell Tom Coughlin who to play....against his will? Me neither.

The bottom line is that the plan was to essentially red shirt Davis Webb in 2017. But the team went south fast so the owner wanted to see the other QB's...that according to John Mara himself.

No one knows JR's role except that he passed on the owners wishes to the HC. No one knows what JR "wanted" or didn't want. He's never talked about it nor has anyone else.

It was clear however that Ben McAdoo felt Webb was ready to play because he said publicly that he was going to play. Then the Geno/Eli thing blew up and all hell broke loose.

so all the plans were shot to hell.

As far as the draft decisions were concerned...not sure where you got any of that information. I've never heard any of that.

Comment

Teams should do what they need to in order to win football games. It's not their job to provide anything for the benefit of a player. It's the players job to play good enough football to help their team win games.
                            TC: "We have a pretty immobile QB, so we need to build a line that will protect him and give him time"

Reese: "**** that...if he's gonna be successful, then he's gonna have to get mobile most riki tik, 'cause I ain't catering to his slow ***"

That how it works?
                            "I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

Comment

There is a chain of command but there is also a separation of powers.
                              The HC is the ultimate decision maker on who plays and who doesn't.
                              Can you imagine JR trying to tell Tom Coughlin who to play....against his will? Me neither.

The bottom line is that the plan was to essentially red shirt Davis Webb in 2017. But the team went south fast so the owner wanted to see the other QB's...that according to John Mara himself.

No one knows JR's role except that he passed on the owners wishes to the HC. No one knows what JR "wanted" or didn't want. He's never talked about it nor has anyone else.

It was clear however that Ben McAdoo felt Webb was ready to play because he said publicly that he was going to play. Then the Geno/Eli thing blew up and all hell broke loose.

so all the plans were shot to hell.

As far as the draft decisions were concerned...not sure where you got any of that information. I've never heard any of that.
                              Do we actually know if the message went from Mara to Reese to Ben?
                              "I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

TC: "We have a pretty immobile QB, so we need to build a line that will protect him and give him time"

Reese: "**** that...if he's gonna be successful, then he's gonna have to get mobile most riki tik, 'cause I ain't catering to his slow ***"

That how it works?
                                I like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X