Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eli impressive on the 2nd day of OTA’s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Eli impressive on the 2nd day of OTA’s

    https://www.giants.com/news/notes-an...-practice-5-22


    ” I thought Eli Manning was fantastic today. The ball was coming out of his hand with good velocity and in a tight spiral. You can talk about his production last season, but much like Dave Gettleman has mentioned many times, I do not see any difference in his arm today when compared to when I watched my first practice in Albany in 2007. His timing, accuracy and arm strength were on display at the start of practice as he hit Sterling Shepard perfectly on a 15-20-yard out. Two other throws that stood out came during during 7-on-7 at the end of the practice. First, Manning hit Hunter Sharp in perfect stride on a deep post, getting the ball over the top on both the cornerback and the deep safety. Two plays later, Cody Latimer went deep on the other side of the field and Manning put it right on the money over his shoulder. After watching Manning throw it like he did today, it is easy to understand why the front office and coaching staff believe he can lead the team to big places with the right talent around him.”


    Exactly why I feel that we didn’t need to draft a Qb because our current franchise qb can still get the job done.
    Last edited by DarkSaint; 05-22-2018, 03:24 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
    https://www.giants.com/news/notes-an...-practice-5-22

    it is easy to understand why the front office and coaching staff believe he can lead the team to big places with the right talent around him. “
    You mean the new gm thinks a qb can succeed with talent around him? Why didn't the last gm feel that way?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Glaw View Post

      You mean the new gm thinks a qb can succeed with talent around him? Why didn't the last gm feel that way?
      .....You have to have good players to win........

      What an revolutionary concept. Yes I'm sure JR didn't believe that.
      Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

        .....You have to have good players to win........

        What an revolutionary concept. Yes I'm sure JR didn't believe that.

        I don’t think so, he blamed Eli alright. He thought Eli should have been more mobile to overcome a bad oline and hit practice squad level guys in stride with 3 guys draped all over them.




        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post


          I don’t think so, he blamed Eli alright. He thought Eli should have been more mobile to overcome a bad oline and hit practice squad level guys in stride with 3 guys draped all over them.



          Do you have a link to JR blaming Eli?

          although I do share your opinion that he thought Eli was not effective anymore. Many of us feel the same way.
          Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post


            I don’t think so, he blamed Eli alright. He thought Eli should have been more mobile to overcome a bad oline and hit practice squad level guys in stride with 3 guys draped all over them.



            An Eli hater and a Simms apologist. Too funny, not.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Glaw View Post

              An Eli hater and a Simms apologist. Too funny, not.
              You just can't help yourself can you? When in doubt, forget the discussion and go after whoever is disagreeing with you.

              I am actually disappointed a tad. Conversations on this MB are difficult with this kind of behavior. I get that they threw their hands in the air and are shutting it all down.

              to each their own I guess.
              Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Glaw View Post

                You mean the new gm thinks a qb can succeed with talent around him? Why didn't the last gm feel that way?
                Yep the other GM had no clue how to build a team. He inherited a Super Bowl quality team and slowly let it deteriorate. The oline was one of the best run blocking oline. We had a number one run game in 2008 and looked dominant.

                When 2011 came around the oline was ranked dead last in both pass protection and run blocking and it got only worse after. Reese had no clue what to do about this because he was too busy drafting busts like Austin, hosley, Moore and on and on. Oline needed help and he was wasting premium picks on trash and projects.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                  Yep the other GM had no clue how to build a team. He inherited a Super Bowl quality team and slowly let it deteriorate. The oline was one of the best run blocking oline. We had a number one run game in 2008 and looked dominant.

                  When 2011 came around the oline was ranked dead last in both pass protection and run blocking and it got only worse after. Reese had no clue what to do about this because he was too busy drafting busts like Austin, hosley, Moore and on and on. Oline needed help and he was wasting premium picks on trash and projects.
                  He was also too busy winning a SB that year with the team he DID build.
                  Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                    https://www.giants.com/news/notes-an...-practice-5-22


                    ” I thought Eli Manning was fantastic today. The ball was coming out of his hand with good velocity and in a tight spiral. You can talk about his production last season, but much like Dave Gettleman has mentioned many times, I do not see any difference in his arm today when compared to when I watched my first practice in Albany in 2007. His timing, accuracy and arm strength were on display at the start of practice as he hit Sterling Shepard perfectly on a 15-20-yard out. Two other throws that stood out came during during 7-on-7 at the end of the practice. First, Manning hit Hunter Sharp in perfect stride on a deep post, getting the ball over the top on both the cornerback and the deep safety. Two plays later, Cody Latimer went deep on the other side of the field and Manning put it right on the money over his shoulder. After watching Manning throw it like he did today, it is easy to understand why the front office and coaching staff believe he can lead the team to big places with the right talent around him.”


                    Exactly why I feel that we didn’t need to draft a Qb because our current franchise qb can still get the job done.
                    It's going to hinge on the OL if he has to throw within 2.4 seconds it will kill the timing thats what happened the last couple years,with time and these weapons he should be able to get it done,the play action pass should help they will have to respect Barkely.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                      Yep the other GM had no clue how to build a team. He inherited a Super Bowl quality team and slowly let it deteriorate.
                      So, a team that had been deteriorating for four years won a Super Bowl in 2011? Wow, that 2007 team must have been REALLY good! And why didn't they win it all in '08, '09, and '10, since - by definition - those teams would have necessarily been better than the 2011 squad?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

                        So, a team that had been deteriorating for four years won a Super Bowl in 2011? Wow, that 2007 team must have been REALLY good! And why didn't they win it all in '08, '09, and '10, since - by definition - those teams would have necessarily been better than the 2011 squad?
                        08 was the best team of them all and maybe the best team in the league that year,they lived off the nucleus of the 07 team until it finally fell completely apart in 2013,the 08 team beat both super bowl participants in the regular season,to bad Plex shot himself.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by big blue dog View Post

                          08 was the best team of them all and maybe the best team in the league that year,they lived off the nucleus of the 07 team until it finally fell completely apart in 2013,the 08 team beat both super bowl participants in the regular season,to bad Plex shot himself.
                          They were also humiliated by the Eagles at home both near the end of the regular season and in the playoffs. They could not stop McNabb on third down in the second half of that playoff game.

                          That was a good team in '08 but I think a tad overrated by some fans. Their thin D line caught up to them in the end.
                          Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by big blue dog View Post

                            It's going to hinge on the OL if he has to throw within 2.4 seconds it will kill the timing thats what happened the last couple years,with time and these weapons he should be able to get it done,the play action pass should help they will have to respect Barkely.
                            I think with Barkley teams won't be able to sit back like they did the last few years. They will have to respect the run and I think we can have a functioning offense even if we have to get rid of the ball fast because there will be less guys in coverage.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

                              I think with Barkley teams won't be able to sit back like they did the last few years. They will have to respect the run and I think we can have a functioning offense even if we have to get rid of the ball fast because there will be less guys in coverage.
                              It'll help.
                              but the pass rush IS coming and whoever is behind center better do a better job dealing with it this season.
                              No more going down without being touched. That **** has to stop.
                              Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X