Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eli impressive on the 2nd day of OTA’s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
    Are we seriously talking about practice? Not a game, practice.
    It evolved beyond practice, CY flopped around and tried to steer the topic towards the male reproductive system (specifically Eli's) but this is the wrong forum for that.

    We want to keep things PG so I'll try to get this back on topic and talk about how lively Eli's arm looked and continue to bash Reese for his failure to find adequate protection for his star QB.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

      I don't know if I've ever seen a single play turn a team completely around like that one did.
      I was going to say the defensive stand against the Redskins, but for a single play what about that 88 yard run by Bradshaw in '07 against Buffalo?

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

        I was going to say the defensive stand against the Redskins, but for a single play what about that 88 yard run by Bradshaw in '07 against Buffalo?
        Or Jerry Rice dropping a sure TD from Montana early in the divisional game in the '86 playoffs. My dad turned to me after that play and just said - Game Over!!

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

          .....You have to have good players to win........

          What an revolutionary concept. Yes I'm sure JR didn't believe that.
          I know he believed that ,that really isn't the question. The question is why did he not value certain positions ,he loved DE's and CB's and WR's but little else .Certainly not the O line or Linebackers.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by G1.. View Post

            I know he believed that ,that really isn't the question. The question is why did he not value certain positions ,he loved DE's and CB's and WR's but little else .Certainly not the O line or Linebackers.
            I think he valued O line but was just not very good in picking good prospects. he spent first rounders on OT's in 2013 and 2015. He drafted the guy who was considered the best center in the draft in Rd 2 2014.
            We all loved the Geoff Schwartz signing but he couldn't stay healthy. He drafted Will Beatty in RD 2 and everyone thought he was a steal there. He was actually coming off a good year when he got hurt.

            BTW...Are you coming to the new boards?
            Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

              I think he valued O line but was just not very good in picking good prospects. he spent first rounders on OT's in 2013 and 2015. He drafted the guy who was considered the best center in the draft in Rd 2 2014.
              We all loved the Geoff Schwartz signing but he couldn't stay healthy. He drafted Will Beatty in RD 2 and everyone thought he was a steal there. He was actually coming off a good year when he got hurt.

              BTW...Are you coming to the new boards?
              Still thinking about it .

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by G1.. View Post

                Still thinking about it .
                do it.....I think it will be a good group overall.

                also there is nothing to lose.
                "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

                ​​​​​​ -Jesse James

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by G1.. View Post

                  Still thinking about it .
                  If you don't join it means you hate the Giants.........
                  Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

                    It evolved beyond practice, CY flopped around and tried to steer the topic towards the male reproductive system (specifically Eli's) but this is the wrong forum for that.

                    We want to keep things PG so I'll try to get this back on topic and talk about how lively Eli's arm looked and continue to bash Reese for his failure to find adequate protection for his star QB.
                    I know just bustin balls.

                    About the OL thing. Our OL was awful in 2011 and Eli still put in work, he had 2 great WRs, sure, but he should be capable of performing because he's shown that he can do it with a crap OL and crap running game.

                    The big issue I saw was that JR stopped drafting pass rushers high in the draft. We've always won with a great pass rush, every single Super Bowl we've won, we had a great pass rush.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                      Do you have a link to JR blaming Eli?

                      although I do share your opinion that he thought Eli was not effective anymore. Many of us feel the same way.
                      Although I give Eli a mulligan for last year, because of the talent he had around him, or lack thereof, he has no excuse for not taking care of the ball better! Less fumbling and better decisions would have definitely helped to mitigate the lack of talent he had to work with!
                      No bigger defender of Eli than me, but those days are over.
                      Gettleman got him a lot of help for 2018, so go out there and just win! And protect the damned ball!!!!
                      Last edited by bigblue58; 05-23-2018, 09:43 AM.
                      "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

                      John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Wow this turned from simply a "Hey Eli looked pretty good yesterday" thread to a "Jerry Reese" thread quite quickly enjoyable reading nonetheless.

                        - Good to hear about Eli
                        - EVERY SINGLE PLAYER Reese drafted in 2007 contributed to that run. (credit due)
                        - 2008 was the most dominant Giants team I've seen since maybe '86 and '90....lost steam and an important player at a critical time.
                        - 2009 was an off year.
                        - 2010 coulda been a 2007/2011 type run if not for DeShaun Jackass.
                        - Quite opposite of 2008 in 2011 they got got hot down the stretch and had a magical run similar to 2007.
                        - Reese was good at times but terrible at others and very inconsistent with his draft and FA pick-ups during the course of his tenure.....didn't help that he was a cocky ***** too.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by big blue dog View Post

                          08 was the best team of them all and maybe the best team in the league that year,they lived off the nucleus of the 07 team until it finally fell completely apart in 2013,the 08 team beat both super bowl participants in the regular season,to bad Plex shot himself.
                          08' team couldn't have been that great if one event like the Plax debacle derailed the whole show. The 08' team is dramatically overrated by Giants fans. They were good, but I've read here that they were better than the 07' team. No way.

                          The 07' Giants from the Tampa Bay playoff game onward were leagues above the Giants in 08'. I don't care about regular season wins over the Steelers. Doesn't matter. When it came down to do or die they crumbled.
                          It is when one is working within limits, that the master begins to reveal himself.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                            If you don't join it means you hate the Giants.........
                            oh,........well then.............

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              I hope Eli is impressive in Oct, Nov & Dec
                              1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

                              Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

                                So, a team that had been deteriorating for four years won a Super Bowl in 2011? Wow, that 2007 team must have been REALLY good! And why didn't they win it all in '08, '09, and '10, since - by definition - those teams would have necessarily been better than the 2011 squad?
                                08' the fool shot himself & our season in the leg. 2010, the debacle vs Philly. Can't recall what caused us to blow it in 09'.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X