Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odell Beckham at first day of Giants OTAs, Damon Harrison a no-show

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.4001446

Excerpt: "Odell Beckham Jr. was present for the Giants first organized team activities this spring, participating in a limited fashion, while Damon "Snacks" Harrison continues to miss voluntary practices.

The Giants wide receiver participated in individual drills but did not take part in any team drills as he and the team continue to cautiously work him back to full strength following last year's surgery on his left ankle.

Beckham did not show up to OTAs last season, so his presence is certainly significant as he enters the final season of his rookie deal and seeks a new contract.

Head coach Pat Shurmur said Beckham's presence will benefit him on the field in the long run.

"Odell, here, No. 1, he can't full compete yet but he gets a chance to see it," he said. "There's a lot to be learned by watching and it's good to have him."

While Beckham could not do much, Shurmur was encouraged by what he saw.

"He looks good," he added. "He's out here moving around, chomping at the bit, wanting to get out and do more than we allow him to at this point, but we're just trying to make sure everything is healed to the fullest before we put him out there." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Harrison was excused ,the Giants new about it before hand no big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by G1.. View Post
      Harrison was excused ,the Giants new about it before hand no big deal.
      Well, he was not excused because it is voluntary. What do you think are some valid reasons to miss camp with a new DC? I can't think of anything unless his wife is due any minute, he should be in Camp..

Maybe he's finishing his degree..That would be acceptable.....Not much else can explain this.
      Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

Well, he was not excused because it is voluntary. What do you think are some valid reasons to miss camp with a new DC? I can't think of anything unless his wife is due any minute, he should be in Camp..

Maybe he's finishing his degree..That would be acceptable.....Not much else can explain this.
        News flash ...no one cares what you think.There are thousands of reason why he might not be there and none,again I will say it slowly for you ...N O N E are any of your business.It's mandatory but he has let the "team know" and that is what is important ......and they the team...coachs, players,owners all seemed ok .

Comment

Something more important to talk about is that Odell is progressing along nicely
          Football has been very, very good to us.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
          4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE
          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Not much to learn as a nose tackle, in a 3- 4 defense
            Occupy space and stop the run. Should it be a pass get QB.

Comment

maybe he was getting some snacks
              1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

travel plans, family commitments, there are a number of valid reasons to skip the voluntary sessions...Communicating with the FO is the key.

Comment

So, what you’re saying is, he didn’t call you to ask permission to miss voluntary training? He’s got some nerve.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post

travel plans, family commitments, there are a number of valid reasons to skip the voluntary sessions...Communicating with the FO is the key.
                    +1

Comment

Originally posted by G1.. View Post

News flash ...no one cares what you think.There are thousands of reason why he might not be there and none,again I will say it slowly for you ...N O N E are any of your business.It's mandatory but he has let the "team know" and that is what is important ......and they the team...coachs, players,owners all seemed ok .
                      No need to act like a tool about it. OP posted an article, I responded.

I've been noticing that you're a troll trying to make a name for himself...Good luck with that
                      Long Live the King

Comment

re read your post in #3 and see who is being a tool about it.

Comment

Working...
                        X