More Rats are leaving the building

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjhall91 View Post

I must have read incorrectly in that I understood it was necessary for Eli to authenticate the equipment was game periphanalia as he was responsible, ultimately, for its authenticity.

If Eli was allowing two others to make the decision he was ultimatley responsible for, I find that a little lax on his part.
    I've never read anything regarding this case that states that this is his responsibility. If he is contractually liable for authentication, then I agree with you completely. If not, then who is? And I think the answer to that is a large part of this mess.

Comment

I think this kind of stuff goes on all the time thats why the guy bring the complaint bought 150 practice jersey's in one year,per the report if I read it right,hard to tell who knew what but my money says Eli is making a ton of money a year through endorsements and his contract,don't think he is dumb enough to risk his rep or career for what would amount to chump change compared to what he makes annually.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

I've never read anything regarding this case that states that this is his responsibility. If he is contractually liable for authentication, then I agree with you completely. If not, then who is? And I think the answer to that is a large part of this mess.
        I see your point. Even though I've read several articles regarding the subject, I can't honestly say I remember any one of them specifically stating Eli was solely responsible.

However, my logic includes: considering Inselberg, Jakab and Godown were allowed by the courts to name Eli as one of those held "...liable and responsible for authentic memorabilia per explicit contractual agreement...", it would seem at least the legal system found Eli culpable, thus responsible along with Steiner Sports who did state their contact was through Eli.

In any case, one way or the other, Eli should have been more careful.

Comment

Originally posted by big blue dog View Post
          I think this kind of stuff goes on all the time thats why the guy bring the complaint bought 150 practice jersey's in one year,per the report if I read it right,hard to tell who knew what but my money says Eli is making a ton of money a year through endorsements and his contract,don't think he is dumb enough to risk his rep or career for what would amount to chump change compared to what he makes annually.
          You may very well be right in your thought Eli wouldn't be foolish enough to risk his career. Unfortunatley, he ended up doing just that whether of his volition or not.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            The suit has been settled. For that to happen, all parties had to agree that the judgment was fair an equitable.
            or that they just wanted it to go away fast...

Comment

Just read in the Post the Giants have fired Ed Wagner and both Skiba brothers. The aftermath of that should be interesting.

Comment

You may very well be right in your thought Eli wouldn't be foolish enough to risk his career. Unfortunatley, he ended up doing just that whether of his volition or not.

LOL, no, no he didn't .

Comment

Originally posted by G1.. View Post

LOL, no, no he didn't .
                  I don't know!? If there had not been a mutual settlement before a legal judgement, Eli risked more than his career.

I'm not saying he would have been found guilty, but left to litigation, there was a risk of it. (You are aware the charge included fraudulant activity which can and does bring severe penalty.)

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post

or that they just wanted it to go away fast...
                    That's the same thing
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I see your point. Even though I've read several articles regarding the subject, I can't honestly say I remember any one of them specifically stating Eli was solely responsible.

However, my logic includes: considering Inselberg, Jakab and Godown were allowed by the courts to name Eli as one of those held "...liable and responsible for authentic memorabilia per explicit contractual agreement...", it would seem at least the legal system found Eli culpable, thus responsible along with Steiner Sports who did state their contact was through Eli.

In any case, one way or the other, Eli should have been more careful.
                      I agree completely.

Comment

I think his career is intact but his rep is another story,I do think this kind of thing with game worn stuff id an issue league wide the demand is higher then the supply,one thing I found interesting is the Equipment guys hooking there buyer up with other equipment people from other teams,seems as tho they have there own little side gig or did.

Comment

He can get a job inflating balls for NE
                          Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

Originally posted by big blue dog View Post

I found interesting is the Equipment guys hooking there buyer up with other equipment people from other teams,seems as tho they have there own little side gig or did.
                            That is interesting. It does look very much like they expanded the business on their own. I would seriously doubt Eli would be part of that.

I was a little disappointed the Giants/Eli compromised the thing instead of letting the system prove they had no involvement. Either way I'm glad it's over and Eli gets another shot.

Comment

Originally posted by appodictic View Post
                              He can get a job inflating balls for NE
                              There were a few plays last year when he should have inflated his own balls.

Comment

Eli knew what was going on to some extent. If he didn't have any idea whatsoever he would of just said from the jump "i didn't do that at all". Not those weird "things will come out to prove my innocence" comments.
                                If he had "no idea" he would have said it, waited till it was proven in court then sued the pants off the skibas for slander and deformation of character.
                                Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

“I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. … He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.”

Comment

Working...
                                X