More Rats are leaving the building

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjhall91 View Post

That is interesting. It does look very much like they expanded the business on their own. I would seriously doubt Eli would be part of that.

I was a little disappointed the Giants/Eli compromised the thing instead of letting the system prove they had no involvement. Either way I'm glad it's over and Eli gets another shot.
    same here,but i do understand the the need or feeling that they needed to end it,it just seems like the authenticity of game worn uni's and equipment is hard to track and prove whats real and whats not,this could have gone on for a while longer and I think they were tired of it ,they got worn down,it's how it works sometimes when someone wants money the longer it drags the more likely someone will settle and they will get what they wanted X amount of dollars and a promise that the giants and Eli probably Stiener did no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by andthewinneris View Post
      Eli knew what was going on to some extent. If he didn't have any idea whatsoever he would of just said from the jump "i didn't do that at all". Not those weird "things will come out to prove my innocence" comments.
      If he had "no idea" he would have said it, waited till it was proven in court then sued the pants off the skibas for slander and deformation of character.
      A good point. While I have no idea the truth of the matter, it would seem playing it out would have been in the best interest of Eli and the Giants to vindicate them.

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
        how can everybody involved be guilty except Eli, just asking....
        Because Eli only signed what he was told to sign. He has so many more responsibilities then to know what gear is going where. That part was literally skibas job.

Comment

They are not and were not rats.

They are simply nothing. Seriously, a freaking gear manager getting a label slapped on him?
          That is what he lives for, to be relevant. To give him any label, even a critical one makes no sense whatsoever.
          What he needs is to spend his time out of the NFL wallowing in his irrelevance and we need to focus on things and people who actually matter to this team.

Someone please tell me that we won this game or that game because of an equipment guy or our franchise was more impactful because of him rotfl…

Ignoring them is the proper approach…..
          Last edited by jomo; 05-27-2018, 06:32 PM.
          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

If you have any idea on how the equipment rooms in the NFL work ,pretty much players aren't even allowed in them. The Skibas the year this happen sold 150 "practice Jerseys"....150 JHC!!! Do you guys think Eli has 3-4-5 helmets just lying around his locker? Forget your HS and College the NFL equipment rooms run differently.

Comment

how do people on these boards seem to have inside information on how and who run the locker rooms, it just doesn't seem to me that would be published information and yet so many people feel they know exactly what went on with this selling of equipment fiasco..

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
                how do people on these boards seem to have inside information on how and who run the locker rooms, it just doesn't seem to me that would be published information and yet so many people feel they know exactly what went on with this selling of equipment fiasco..
                G1.. stated he was aware of how the equipment room was run in the NFL and for all I know he may. However, I may miss the point, but I don't see who, how or otherwise this has to do with the lawsuit. The equipment room personnel were not named in the lawsuit. Eli and the Giants were.

Steiner Sports contracted with Eli through the Giants to provide "game used pariphenalia" worn by Eli. This had nothing to do with the equipment guys. Eli worked with the equipment people. He messaged them (Skiba brothers) asking to come up with a couple of his helmets that could pass as used in a game. When this message was viewed by purchasers they construed it as proof Eli was fraudulantly passing off practice equipment for game day.

Reference - "Eli Manning Case Settled After Finger-Pointing Deposition Reveal". (See NY Post)
                Last edited by jjhall91; 05-28-2018, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X