Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pick one former 1st rounder to have a good season...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick one former 1st rounder to have a good season...

Eli apple or ereck flowers? Who would you take and why?

it's a tough one. But if flowers can play well the offense could definitely have their way with the opponents defense and control the clock and the game.
    [SIGPIC]

Those are two lousy choices but I'll go with Flowers. Hopefully he'll nail it on the right side because he failed it on the left.

Comment

Apple has to be good this year or the Giants are going to miss the playoffs again..

Comment

Apple has all the tools without the head.
        Flowers is less of a flake but has further to go on basics like footwork, hand position etc.

This is a real coin flip but I'll pick Apple. I can't get that Denver game out of my head where he played like a man possessed.
        I think they will both start and be better than last year though.
        No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

I'd say Apple. If you take what he's said recently at least somewhat seriously, he seems to have grown from the experience. He has the talent to be a very solid starter.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
            Apple has all the tools without the head.
            Flowers is less of a flake but has further to go on basics like footwork, hand position etc.

This is a real coin flip but I'll pick Apple. I can't get that Denver game out of my head where he played like a man possessed.
            I think they will both start and be better than last year though.
            I definitely agree both will play better. Flowers should hopefully surprise some people. He will have less pressure playing right tackle than left. Apple definitely has the talent, can he just get his head into the game.
            [SIGPIC]

Comment

Hard choice but I'll have to go with Flowers because I just have faith that he can be a mauler on the right side but I'm hoping Eli Apple isn't to far behind him because we definitely need that too

Comment

I'd pick Apple to have the better season. He showed some potential his rookie season that he hasn't built upon. Maybe Bettcher will get more out of him than Spags. But 2018 will likely be the final chance Apple and Flowers get with the Giants so they need to make the most of it.
                One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Neither one has to do a whole lot to have a good season consiserico how terrible they have been
                  Football has been very, very good to us.
                  After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                  But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                  2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                  3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                  4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE
                  Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
                    Eli apple or ereck flowers? Who would you take and why?

it's a tough one. But if flowers can play well the offense could definitely have their way with the opponents defense and control the clock and the game.
                    Considering Flowers has been rank as one of the worst tackles in the league and Apple hasn't had a bad year yet it's a pretty easy choice for me.
                    Ranked at 43 isn't as good as I hoped but is not near as bad as his reputation on here.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...eason.amp.html

Comment

Originally posted by southerngirl View Post

Considering Flowers has been rank as one of the worst tackles in the league and Apple hasn't had a bad year yet it's a pretty easy choice for me.
                      Ranked at 43 isn't as good as I hoped but is not near as bad as his reputation on here.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...eason.amp.html
                      Apple's performance has not been terrible like flowers, yes. However, being called a cancer in the locker room could almost be worse than bad play in the field. Apple's biggest issue on the field was not being able to look back to find the ball. If he could ever figure that out he would be really good.
                      [SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                      X