Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ranking 'NFL triplets' after Giants draft Saquon Barkley | Best QB-RB-WR/TE combinations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranking 'NFL triplets' after Giants draft Saquon Barkley | Best QB-RB-WR/TE combinations

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

Excerpt: "The Cowboys introduced "triplets" into the NFL lexicon during the Super Bowl-winning era of Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin.

Since then, explosive offensives have been measured on the basis of the best combinations of quarterback, running back and pass-catcher (wide receiver or tight end).

The rankings today look very different than they would have at this time last year, before several young quarterbacks hit their stride in 2017 ... and before some 2018 NFL Draft picks entered the league.

For example, Giants running back Saquon Barkley already is the early favorite to win NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year. So how does an offense rank that includes Barkley, Odell Beckham and Eli Manning?

Here are the NFL's 16 (half the league) best "triplets" entering 2018:

6. GIANTS

QB Eli Manning

RB Saquon Barkley

WR Odell Beckham

If you expand past triplets to include Sterling Shepard and Evan Engram, the Giants have one of the NFL's best offensive skill collections.

Narrowed to three, the Giants have a case to be higher on this list because Beckham arguably is the game's best-game-breaker and expectations for No. 2 draft pick Barkley are through the roof as a rusher and pass-catcher. Beckham had the best three-year start to a receiver's career in NFL history before his broken ankle last October.

The thing holding back the Giants from higher on this list is uncertainty around the 37-year-old Manning: How much does the two-time Super Bowl MVP have left? He had his worst numbers since 2012 last season, though most of his top weapons were sidelined. The Giants have only been to the playoffs once in the last six seasons." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Perfect post for Giants dream catcher's. Premature silliness.

Eli has been unimpressive for years - he plays like part grandma part Gomer.
    Barkley hasn't even had a pro carry and was shut down by Maryland Rutgers and Indiana last year.
    Beckham is a head case.

Can we move past the nonsense RF.

Comment

Bell is overrated and he’ll regress now. Even management sees this. Ben will be affected by this since he no longer will able to rely on his security blanket.

The Giants will be #1 next year. They also have a stud TE who isn’t factored into this equation.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
        Bell is overrated and he’ll regress now. Even management sees this. Ben will be affected by this since he no longer will able to rely on his security blanket.

The Giants will be #1 next year. They also have a stud TE who isn’t factored into this equation.
        I agree with mostly everything you said except for Bell is overrated. Please explain

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
          Perfect post for Giants dream catcher's. Premature silliness.

Eli has been unimpressive for years - he plays like part grandma part Gomer.
          Barkley hasn't even had a pro carry and was shut down by Maryland Rutgers and Indiana last year.
          Beckham is a head case.

Can we move past the nonsense RF.
          I just post media articles to generate discussion. No one is forced o participate.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

The potential for this offense is pretty dam high, I'll say that for sure. They could rather easily be #1 this year. They could also be out of the top ten.
            LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
            "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

The 5 combinations ahead of the Giants include Tom Brady, Matt Ryan, Jared Goff, Drew Brees, and Ben Roethlisberger.

Hmmm...I wonder what that says about the importance of the quarterback in an offense

Comment

Matt Ryan only 1 more TD than Eli last year even though Eli played more than half the season with practice squad players ROFL.

ODB about to pass Jones in TD within the next couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                  Matt Ryan only 1 more TD than Eli last year even though Eli played more than half the season with practice squad players ROFL.

ODB about to pass Jones in TD within the next couple of years.
                  outside of the reliably biased Giants fanbase, I wonder how many teams around the league even have Ryan and Eli in the same category of QB at this stage of their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

outside of the reliably biased Giants fanbase, I wonder how many teams around the league even have Ryan and Eli in the same category of QB at this stage of their careers.
                    They weren't comparing eli to ryan they were comparing the trios. Of course ryan at his stage of his career is better than eli.
                    [SIGPIC]

Comment

Am I reading this right? Jones 43 TD in 95 games. ODB 38 TD in 47 games.

Matt Ryan clearly doing Jones a disservice. Jones is a top 3 WR and that's all he has?

Comment

I don't think they would be considered that far off honestly. Not that people think Eli is great but from what I can tell no one is scared of Ryan or thinks Ryan is an amazing QB.
                        LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                        "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                          I don't think they would be considered that far off honestly. Not that people think Eli is great but from what I can tell no one is scared of Ryan or thinks Ryan is an amazing QB.
                          Ryan can do everything Eli can do just a lot better. Its been that way for awhile.

Comment

Ryan can do everything Eli can do just a lot better. Its been that way for awhile.

He can do everything Eli can do, only better, except win a SB in which he had a 25 pt mid 3r qt lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post

He can do everything Eli can do, only better, except win a SB in which he had a 25 pt mid 3r qt lead.
                              if only it were 2011. How many years has that bought ol' Eli?

Your logic does match our FO's though, whos right? time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                              X