Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defining Jonathan Stewart’s role alongside Saquon Barkley

https://nypost.com/2018/05/28/defini...aquon-barkley/

Excerpt: "Jonathan Stewart did not arrive on the scene and immediately hand out a syllabus, assign textbooks to read and announce his tutoring schedule. He has a locker, not an office. He is a player, not a coach.

The veteran Stewart will be asked to run and catch the ball, to block when called upon. He will also spend the bulk of his time with Saquon Barkley, 21, and Wayne Gallman, 23, and the Giants expect there to be a transfer of information, lifting up all the inhabitants of the running back room.

“Yeah, I think at some point, whether you’re a rookie, whether you’re an 11-year guy, there’s always time to learn, there’s always time to share advice and wisdom that’s gained through experience,’’ Stewart said last week. “There’s younger guys that might experience things different than I have, so there’s always room for me to learn, too.’’

Barkley, the prize rookie, and Gallman, the second-year back, might be able to school Stewart as to what the young guys are listening to nowadays and perhaps provide a few social media/technology tips. Stewart has a decade of NFL insight to share and the Giants are banking on that experience overshadowing the wear-and-tear associated with carrying the ball and taking hits during 10 years with the Panthers.

“I mean, my age says I’m 31, but really, I feel I’m as productive as if I’m 26, 25,’’ Stewart said. “And that’s just as realistic as it gets.’’ Rea more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

He is a good presence to have in the RB room and the locker room I think. I see him having a limited role of course but hopefully productive,
    "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

I'm worried he's going to wind up vulture-ing goal line touches away from SaQuon Barkley

Comment

Originally posted by shocknaweny View Post
        I'm worried he's going to wind up vulture-ing goal line touches away from SaQuon Barkley
        Why would that worry you? As a fan of the Giants, and not a Fantasy Fan, I'd much rather JStew take the poundings on short yard situations.
        NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
        Garrett Bolles - OT
        David Njoku - TE
        Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

I don't know why ppl have complained about Stwart. Simply

he is here for leadership. He is here for tough first downs . Maybe poach some goaline carries.

he is tough physical runner. It's Barkley s team. Stewart is a presence and backup

Comment

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post

Why would that worry you? As a fan of the Giants, and not a Fantasy Fan, I'd much rather JStew take the poundings on short yard situations.
            Yea fantasy football can muddy the waters

Comment

Working...
            X