Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tiki Barber is deserving of the HOF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tiki Barber is deserving of the HOF

    How is Terrel Davis in the HOF but Tiki is not?

    T-Davis career Stats: 7607 rushing Yds 65 total TDs YPC 4.6
    Barber career stats: 10,449 rushing yds 67 total TDs YPC 4.7

    No RB in NFL history ever put up the rushing/rec stats in their final 3 yrs in the NFL like Tiki did at ages 29-30-31

    2004- 1518yds 13 TDs 4.7 ypc rec 52 yds 578 TDs 2 total yds from scrimmage 2096 led NFL
    2006- 1860yds 9 TDs 5.2 ypc rec 54 yds 530 TDs 2 total yds from scrimmage 2390 led NFL
    2006- 1662yds 5 TDs 5.1 ypc rec 58 yds 465 TDs 0 total yds from scrimmage 2127

    Tiki retired 2 yrs too early & would have easily amassed another 2000 rushing yds along with another 100 rec 1000 rec yds & probably another 15 TDs had he played till 08'.

    He's the #26 all time leading rusher in NFL history ahead of many HOF RBs such as Earl Campbell, Jim Taylor & Larry Csonka and he outrushed great RBs such as Herschel Walker, Roger Craig & Priest Holmes to mention a few. The man rates to be in the HOF.

  • #2
    Narrative seems to mean a lot to the HOF board of voters. But disregarding the bad taste he left the NFL with, Edgerrin James is more deserving than Tiki and is still not in the HOF, albeit close finalist this year. Edge goes first then they start to think about Tiki

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post
      How is Terrel Davis in the HOF but Tiki is not?

      T-Davis career Stats: 7607 rushing Yds 65 total TDs YPC 4.6
      Barber career stats: 10,449 rushing yds 67 total TDs YPC 4.7

      No RB in NFL history ever put up the rushing/rec stats in their final 3 yrs in the NFL like Tiki did at ages 29-30-31

      2004- 1518yds 13 TDs 4.7 ypc rec 52 yds 578 TDs 2 total yds from scrimmage 2096 led NFL
      2006- 1860yds 9 TDs 5.2 ypc rec 54 yds 530 TDs 2 total yds from scrimmage 2390 led NFL
      2006- 1662yds 5 TDs 5.1 ypc rec 58 yds 465 TDs 0 total yds from scrimmage 2127

      Tiki retired 2 yrs too early & would have easily amassed another 2000 rushing yds along with another 100 rec 1000 rec yds & probably another 15 TDs had he played till 08'.

      He's the #26 all time leading rusher in NFL history ahead of many HOF RBs such as Earl Campbell, Jim Taylor & Larry Csonka and he outrushed great RBs such as Herschel Walker, Roger Craig & Priest Holmes to mention a few. The man rates to be in the HOF.
      Agree he came a third down back and turned him self into an every down weapon could run inside outside,excellent in the pass game.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by PBTimmons View Post
        Narrative seems to mean a lot to the HOF board of voters. But disregarding the bad taste he left the NFL with, Edgerrin James is more deserving than Tiki and is still not in the HOF, albeit close finalist this year. Edge goes first then they start to think about Tiki
        I agree that James should be a HOFer as well. Man put up 12,000+ yds & 91 TDs in his career, 13th all time rusher, how is he not in the Hall?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post
          Tiki retired 2 yrs too early
          I agree Tiki should be in the HOF but there is part of the problem. Also I knew the way he left things with the Giants that he screwed himself out of the HOF, so far that's proving to be correct.
          LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
          "Next man up"

          "I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
            I agree Tiki should be in the HOF but there is part of the problem. Also I knew the way he left things with the Giants that he screwed himself out of the HOF, so far that's proving to be correct.
            I don't see how he screwed himself out of the HOF, his numbers are still worthy of the hall. Just like with LT, his off the field issues should not come into play with what he accomplished on the field of play.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post

              I don't see how he screwed himself out of the HOF, his numbers are still worthy of the hall. Just like with LT, his off the field issues should not come into play with what he accomplished on the field of play.
              Off the field issues always come into play, whether we agree with it or not. The thing with Tiki is he very publicly took shots at a very well respected franchise and the sport in general. The people doing the voting are humans and if they feel slighted will reflect it in their voting. I'm not saying I agree with it, just that I think it certainly effected his standing with the committee.
              LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
              "Next man up"

              "I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post
                How is Terrel Davis in the HOF but Tiki is not?

                T-Davis career Stats: 7607 rushing Yds 65 total TDs YPC 4.6
                Barber career stats: 10,449 rushing yds 67 total TDs YPC 4.7

                No RB in NFL history ever put up the rushing/rec stats in their final 3 yrs in the NFL like Tiki did at ages 29-30-31

                2004- 1518yds 13 TDs 4.7 ypc rec 52 yds 578 TDs 2 total yds from scrimmage 2096 led NFL
                2006- 1860yds 9 TDs 5.2 ypc rec 54 yds 530 TDs 2 total yds from scrimmage 2390 led NFL
                2006- 1662yds 5 TDs 5.1 ypc rec 58 yds 465 TDs 0 total yds from scrimmage 2127

                Tiki retired 2 yrs too early & would have easily amassed another 2000 rushing yds along with another 100 rec 1000 rec yds & probably another 15 TDs had he played till 08'.

                He's the #26 all time leading rusher in NFL history ahead of many HOF RBs such as Earl Campbell, Jim Taylor & Larry Csonka and he outrushed great RBs such as Herschel Walker, Roger Craig & Priest Holmes to mention a few. The man rates to be in the HOF.
                Forget Tiki Barber...why isn't Saquon Barkley in the HOF yet? What are they waiting for?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

                  Forget Tiki Barber...why isn't Saquon Barkley in the HOF yet? What are they waiting for?
                  If you have nothing productive to add to the topic but childish drivel, don't even bother posting. I will say that you & other SB/RB haters are gonna look like complete fools when SB does have a great Giants career.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Tiki is certainly a good candidate for it. He checks a lot of the boxes.
                    All Hail The New York Giants!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

                      Forget Tiki Barber...why isn't Saquon Barkley in the HOF yet? What are they waiting for?
                      Nice!!!
                      So tired of all the people acting like fools claiming he's going to provide multiple SB titles while with the Giants before he even sees the field...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Terrel Davis doesn't belong in the HoF and neither does Tiki...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post

                          If you have nothing productive to add to the topic but childish drivel, don't even bother posting. I will say that you & other SB/RB haters are gonna look like complete fools when SB does have a great Giants career.
                          I'm not a running back hater. I liked Tiki. I liked Jacobs. I liked Bradshaw. I like Gallman.

                          And, I'm not so much a Saquon Barkley hater as I am a Dave Gettleman hater.

                          Hope this clears things up for you.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Liquid Tension View Post

                            Nice!!!
                            So tired of all the people acting like fools claiming he's going to provide multiple SB titles while with the Giants before he even sees the field...
                            My post is about Tiki being HOF worthy, not once did I mention SB until the other poster childishly brought him into the convo.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post

                              My post is about Tiki being HOF worthy, not once did I mention SB until the other poster childishly brought him into the convo.
                              That is incorrect...

                              You've made other childish posts out here claiming that Barkley is going to bring multiple SB wins with the Giants...

                              Guess it's hard to remember all the ridiculous posts you make out here...

                              Carry on!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X