Tiki Barber is deserving of the HOF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

Are Jerome Bettis and Curtis Martin Hof worthy??
    nope

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Tension View Post

Didn't Tiki announce his retirement during the season??

I remember that he did which would classify him as selfish...
      Yes and I wasnt cool with that at all...Selfish??...ok I can go with that but definitely not a quitter.

Comment

Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

Tiki was the best rb I saw play. The game against the skins after Wellington died was something special
        He is certainly the best one that the giants have ever had. Go check out his performance against Kansas City as well. Larry Johnson torched the giants that game, but Tiki outdid him with an over 200 yard performance with 2 TDs.
        “It drops deep as it does in my breath

I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

Nasir Jones

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

He is certainly the best one that the giants have ever had. Go check out his performance against Kansas City as well. Larry Johnson torched the giants that game, but Tiki outdid him with an over 200 yard performance with 2 TDs.
          HOF voting has no rhyme or reason. Tiki was absolutely special. I don't see how Bettis was in any way, shape or form better than Tiki. That's not proof that either is worthy, it's proof of the shameless popularity contest HOF voting can be.
          sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Tension View Post

Didn't Tiki announce his retirement during the season??

I remember that he did which would classify him as selfish...
            So did Derek Jeter.
            Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

So did Derek Jeter.
              Yeah but they had a tour for Jeter! And at least Tiki wasn't washed up when he retired!
              sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

So did Derek Jeter.
                I am pretty sure that he doesn't have a rebuttal for that unless he is a troll and will start ripping Jeter.

Nasir Jones

Comment

Rarely does a player perform so well in his last three years yet go out so poorly as Barber did.

His numbers are HOF worthy but the fans will probably never forget the way he ended.

Comment

Originally posted by Roswell View Post
                    Rarely does a player perform so well in his last three years yet go out so poorly as Barber did.

His numbers are HOF worthy but the fans will probably never forget the way he ended.
                    You're right about not forgetting. Forgiving is something that should have been done years ago. If you really think about it, all Barber really did is give his paid-for opinion on a football topic. I was disappointed during that 2007 season about his words, but got over it after the season ended. The giants as a whole seem to have let it go since they are welcoming Tiki back into their building and locker room. The fans are well overdue in their overall reconciliation with him. Booing him at his ring of honor ceremony was a pathetic display by this fanbase.

Nasir Jones

Comment

So did Derek Jeter.
                      Jeter did it before the season started.

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

You're right about not forgetting. Forgiving is something that should have been done years ago. If you really think about it, all Barber really did is give his paid-for opinion on a football topic. I was disappointed during that 2007 season about his words, but got over it after the season ended. The giants as a whole seem to have let it go since they are welcoming Tiki back into their building and locker room. The fans are well overdue in their overall reconciliation with him. Booing him at his ring of honor ceremony was a pathetic display by this fanbase.
                        IMO most giants fans that still have hate for tiki is because of what happened to him in his personal life if you know what I mean.

Comment

Go out poorly? I don't think any RB went out so well. His last game was one of the greatest in Giants history...and he personally put us in the playoffs....and he had 100+ in THAT game as well.

My question is how do you go out any better?
                          Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Go out poorly? I don't think any RB went out so well. His last game was one of the greatest in Giants history...and he personally put us in the playoffs....and he had 100+ in THAT game as well.

I donít know....maybe not cheating on his wife while she was pregnant with his twins would be a good start.

Then, perhaps not acting like such a jag off while publcly undermining his QBís attempt to lead by saying it was comical.

But, thatís just me probably being overly critical....

Comment

I donít know....maybe not cheating on his wife while she was pregnant with his twins would be a good start.

Then, perhaps not acting like such a jag off while publcly undermining his QBís attempt to lead by saying it was comical.

But, thatís just me probably being overly critical....
                              If we start judging athletes by their morals, there won't be many of them to like. I am just saying.

Nasir Jones

Comment

Rarely do athletes leave on their own terms like that and still have plenty left in the tank like Tiki did.

Nasir Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X