Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli Manning has convinced the ones who matter most

https://nypost.com/2018/05/30/eli-ma...o-matter-most/

Excerpt: "The naysayers had already begun shoveling dirt on the Big Blue football grave of Eli Manning. The football obituaries were being written, the football eulogies were being sung.

So who was that in the red 10 jersey slinging the ball Tuesday at Giants OTAs?

Could that have been Eli Manning, starring in a Night of The Living Dead remake, produced by John Mara and Steve Tisch and directed by Dave Gettleman and Pat Shurmur? Who gave their franchise quarterback new life the night they drafted Saquon Barkley instead of Sam Darnold, Josh Allen or Josh Rosen?

E-life.

“I think Eli has a lot left in the tank,” wide receiver Sterling Shepard told The Post, “and they were right by making that decision, I feel like.”

Manning (19 TDs, 13 INTs in 2017) was granted his wish to keep his dream job, and now, at age 37, it is on him to author a dream season few on the outside believe he has in him.

Those on the inside feel differently.

Head coach Pat Shurmur worked magic with Case Keenum in Minnesota last season and believes he can work magic with the eternally cerebral Manning.

A Barkley-centric running game behind a rebuilt offensive line will give Manning the kind of balance he has lacked for years, and a healthy Odell Beckham Jr. should make a dramatic difference." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I truly think if the "next great QB" was there for us to take we would have taken him. Without that guy there then it only made sense to take Barkley. Doing that means Eli is our best chance to win this year and probably next year. After that we will know more about Webb and Lauletta and see what other options we have. For now we will ride or die will Easy E and the Big Blue Crew.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
      I truly think if the "next great QB" was there for us to take we would have taken him. Without that guy there then it only made sense to take Barkley. Doing that means Eli is our best chance to win this year and probably next year. After that we will know more about Webb and Lauletta and see what other options we have. For now we will ride or die will Easy E and the Big Blue Crew.
      They seem to feel Eli can at least play out his current contract. That gives them one season to see if the changes they've made have produced a winning season. After that they have another year to see how much more Eli has in his tank going forward and to see if Webb or someone else has a leg up on being the next QB.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I have a feeling Shurmur is going to have this team clicking offensively. I hope we see some glimpses of hope in the preseason.

Comment

One thing that concers me Vikings 7 Eagles 38 with Shurms offense!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JimC View Post
            Are you serious. So your going to base this one game (yes it was a big game) and not the entire last season of Shurmurs offense??? That doesn't seem fair.

I can't wait for this season to start. I can't wait to see what Shurmur comes up with on offense, I have a good feeling about this, hopefully he comes out swinging for the fences

Comment

Remember 41-0? Were the Giants really 41 points better than the Vikings? Some days the bear eats you. Also, TBPH, the Vikes shouldn't even have been in that game, they got past the Saints on a complete fluke.
              sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

Eli had to be a better option then Webb, Lauletta, and the other draft prospects.

Not that hard to do actually. Eli needs to get back in the grove and get his mojo back. I hope he can.
                "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

I feel if the Line with all the new additions and guys moving around will be much improved and it will also provide running lanes for Barkley. Those two things will be huge for Eli because we all know he can be very effective with a little time
                  Football has been very, very good to us.
                  After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                  But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                  2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                  3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                  4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE
                  Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                    I truly think if the "next great QB" was there for us to take we would have taken him. Without that guy there then it only made sense to take Barkley..
                    So, because we didn't take Darnold, Allen, or Rosen that means that none of them is the "next great QB"?

Comment

Yeah, that game was lost because of the Eagles offense

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

So, because we didn't take Darnold, Allen, or Rosen that means that none of them is the "next great QB"?
                        in our FO's eyes, yes, absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post

in our FO's eyes, yes, absolutely.
                          Oh, that's a relief. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Yeah, that game was lost because of the Eagles offense
                            We get to play that offense 2 times a year. We shall see........

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                              I feel if the Line with all the new additions and guys moving around will be much improved and it will also provide running lanes for Barkley. Those two things will be huge for Eli because we all know he can be very effective with a little time
                              Completely agree. This board would have been so much better if more people got it. Instead we get this:

"So, because we didn't take Darnold, Allen, or Rosen that means that none of them is the "next great QB"?"

Comment

Working...
                              X