Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants QB Davis Webb winning an arms race by showing his brains | 'You can't be scared of competition'

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants QB Davis Webb winning an arms race by showing his brains | 'You can't be scared of competition'

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

Excerpt: "In a strange way, an interception thrown during the third practice of May was a sign of just how much progress Giants quarterback Davis Webb has made.

Webb reportedly screamed 'No!' before the ball even reached cornerback Donte Deayon.

"The biggest thing I take away from practice and every meeting in the NFL is it's a process," Webb told NJ Advance Media. "If you miss a question in a meeting, that's fine. We'll correct it, but don't do it again. If you miss a throw or an adjustment, it's fine.

"I'm OK with making mistakes as long as I correct them and don't do it again. That's the thing I'm most excited about."

Webb's arm strength has been one of the biggest revelations through three pre-draft minicamp practices and five organized team activity practices. Where starting quarterback Eli Manning has been sharp on short and intermediate throws, Webb has stretched the field more with his reps.

An over-the-shoulder pass to a streaking Kalif Raymond for a diving completion was the highlight of Tuesday's practice.

"I trust my arm, maybe a little too much," Webb said, laughing when reminded of the Deayon anecdote. "I'm aggressive. Sometimes that plays to my benefit, and sometimes it doesn't." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Allen is expected to start the season behind AJ McCarron and Nathan Peterman on the depth chart.

Comment

Hes so great, that hes expected to be behind Nathan Peterman and AJ McCarron to start the season.......McCarron is gonna be the starter there for at least two years......Hes everything Allen isnt...efficient, careful, avg arm....

Comment

Originally posted by infinite420 View Post

Hes everything Allen isnt...efficient, careful, avg arm....
        Well, Josh Allen threw 6 INTs in 11 games last year, so...

Comment

Working...
        X