Barkley's upside is Barry Sanders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barkley's upside is Barry Sanders

Both incredibly strong and agile. Homerun threat on basically every run. Lets hope Barkley can stay healthy for 10 years like Sanders.

Barkley is heavier but Sanders had incredible lower body strength which made up for his size. It's going to be lots of fun watching this guy get 20+ carries a game for the next decade. Great pick IMO, glad the Browns didn't snag him at 1.

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    Both incredibly strong and agile. Homerun threat on basically every run. Lets hope Barkley can stay healthy for 10 years like Sanders.

Barkley is heavier but Sanders had incredible lower body strength which made up for his size. It's going to be lots of fun watching this guy get 20+ carries a game for the next decade. Great pick IMO, glad the Browns didn't snag him at 1.
    John Dorsey only drafts premium positions in the first round if you look at his history, the only people that thought he was taking Barkley is people in the media.

Comment

Slow down peeps, let him play a year or 2 with the pros first.
      1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
        Nah, go ahead and start sewing that gold jacket. I'll purchase the Super Bowl tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
          Slow down? I just mentioned what his upside may be. I didn't say he'll get there or surpass it.

Comment

Slow down? I just mentioned what his upside may be. I didn't say he'll get there or surpass it.
            What might his downside be?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

What might his downside be?
              Josh Allen.

Comment

Josh Allen.
                Hahahaha.......

Comment

Josh Allen.
                  That's what I thought.

Comment

I'm seeing Bo Jackson not Barry when I watch him. The power Barkley's legs have are astounding he is a defense beater.
                    Originally Posted by jmike

"Barry Sanders has the most negative yardage plays of any player in NFL history by a comfortable margin. He was the major contributor to their biggest offensive issues... Honestly the single most overrated player in any sport ever has to be Barry Sanders. Well, if winning games is your goal. If you want highlights though, he's your man."

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

Nah, go ahead and start sewing that gold jacket. I'll purchase the Super Bowl tickets.
                      I'm melting the bronze down as we speak!!

Comment

I have only seen several highlights but I dont see a Barry sanders comparison at all really. Different style, different body type,
                        "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post

I'm melting the bronze down as we speak!!

Comment

Who did Barry have on his OLINE. Back in those days, I only paid attention to the skill positions on other teams
                            Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by OBJ13 View Post
                              I'm seeing Bo Jackson not Barry when I watch him. The power Barkley's legs have are astounding he is a defense beater.
                              Barkley runs more elusive than Bo IMO. Bo did not hesitate to lower the shoulder and Brian Bozworth guys...LOL

Watching Barkley tape, can't say I ever saw him mow somebody down. I could be wrong, but he does not run towards contact like Bo did.
                              Long Live the King

Comment

Working...
                              X