Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post

You nailed it.
    Its mind boggling how he didn't get the dig. The entire off season leading up to the draft the guy was adamant that we will never draft a RB at #2 and he prefers Allen. I'm not surprised though.
    Last edited by DarkSaint; 06-02-2018, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post

This guy is too corny. If someone said it’s hot outside he would reply with “so what’s the opposite?” Just so he can open his mouth. Probably one of those annoying co workers who tries to tag along for lunch but gets ignored and wonder why.
      Or they lose him in the stairwell.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Not at all. I'm saying one back getting that many carries every season won't last. That's why in recent history it's almost always been teams with backs that split carries that win SB's. Those teams are smart...Including the 2007 and 2011 Giants.

if we want to win....we will have to split carries. No one guy is getting 20+ carries per game. That is suicide these days.
        Cool, I agree. I have expectation for Barkley to, just not the superman ones others have. I do believe that with blocking Eli can us his multitude of people to be competitive and Barkley being on the field ...as a threat or staying in and blocking sometimes will help.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

Its mind boggling how he didn't get the dig. The entire off season leading up to the draft the guy was adamant that we will never draft a RB at #2 and he prefers Allen. I'm not surprised though.
          Well, to his defense, he wasn't the only expert swearing up & down that we would never draft a RB with the #2 pick. Cuz nobody else would, ya know. They're the same crowd who wants the Giants to follow the throw it all the time teams instead of ...gasp.... actually going ol school & ramming the ball down defenses throats like we did during the BP days. These young'uns have never seen what a power run game can do to a D. They are used to seeing QBs throwing for 400+ yds on a weekly basis due to the soft passing rules & all the protection QBs & WRs get nowadays.

The concept of a team that runs more than it throws are foreign to many that didn't get to see football in the 80s & 90s.

It's like baseball is now with the coddling they give pitchers in limiting them to 6 innings per start then bringing in the middle relief & closing pitchers for the last 3 innings. That mindset has cost DeGrom like 4 wins this yr cuz the relief pitchers have blown game after game. Today's starting pithcers can't hold a candle to Nolan Ryan, Tom Seaver, Steve Carlton, Jim Palmer, men that pitched 15-20+ complete games & pitched 300 + innings & struck out 300+ batters on a yearly basis & won 20 games more than 4-5 x. Today a 20 game winner is very rare & an "ace" today is someone with 15 wins & just 3 CGs under their belt. How many people know that the 71' Orioles had 4 20 game winners that yr on their staff? That will never occur again in our lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by OBJ13 View Post
            I'm seeing Bo Jackson not Barry when I watch him. The power Barkley's legs have are astounding he is a defense beater.
            Yea the speed and power is definitely remenisent of Bo Jackson

Comment

There aren't a lot of defenses that are good at stopping a premier RB. Look how Dallas does with Elliot. We should do well this season.

Comment

Originally posted by mercurio View Post
                There aren't a lot of defenses that are good at stopping a premier RB. Look how Dallas does with Elliot. We should do well this season.
                Look at what Dallas had in front of Elliot too. We dont have that.
                http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

Look at what Dallas had in front of Elliot too. We dont have that.
                  We don't have to have what Dallas has, we just have to have better than what we have had the past 5yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post

We don't have to have what Dallas has, we just have to have better than what we have had the past 5yrs.
                    We don't know what we have until they put on pads. It should be better than last season.

Comment

Dude you may want to consider cooling your jets. Barkley had trouble gaining yards vs powerhouses Indiana - Rutgers - Maryland.
                      Sanders would never of had that problem.

Let Barkley carry the ball a few games before you proceed with such foolishness.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
                        Dude you may want to consider cooling your jets. Barkley had trouble gaining yards vs powerhouses Indiana - Rutgers - Maryland.

Let Barkley carry the ball a few games before you proceed with such foolishness.
                        Sanders was all of Oklahoma State's offense and they frequently handed him the ball 35 times and sometimes 40. I'm not saying he's going to be Sanders, but we will see what happens and I completely understand people's optimism.
                        sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeystays08 View Post

Sanders also lost the most yds behind scrimmage in NFL history due to defenses stacking the box against him. Yet, I hear ignorant fans blaming him for it like it was his fault. Same thing happened to SB, some defenses focused on solely stopping him at all costs so they stacked the box. PS wasn't exactly known for having a great OL either. How many of their OLmen got drafted this yr? By stacking the box vs Barkley, it allowed PS to air it via the pass & they still crushed teams that contained SB & that was due to their focus on him, so he still played a big part in the wins where he was contained & still contributed with his pass catching & blocking for the QB.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                            Both incredibly strong and agile. Homerun threat on basically every run. Lets hope Barkley can stay healthy for 10 years like Sanders.

Barkley is heavier but Sanders had incredible lower body strength which made up for his size. It's going to be lots of fun watching this guy get 20+ carries a game for the next decade. Great pick IMO, glad the Browns didn't snag him at 1.
                            I think it's unfair to Barkley to compare him to Barry Sanders. Sanders quit in his prime and Barkley strikes me as a leader, the last person who would quit on his team. Also, Barkley has a much better set of legs. He has the nicest set I've ever seen on a man.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue_ToThe_Bone View Post

I think it's unfair to Barkley to compare him to Barry Sanders. Sanders quit in his prime and Barkley strikes me as a leader, the last person who would quit on his team. Also, Barkley has a much better set of legs. He has the nicest set I've ever seen on a man.

Eli's are better
                              Originally Posted by jmike

"Barry Sanders has the most negative yardage plays of any player in NFL history by a comfortable margin. He was the major contributor to their biggest offensive issues... Honestly the single most overrated player in any sport ever has to be Barry Sanders. Well, if winning games is your goal. If you want highlights though, he's your man."

Comment

Originally posted by Blue_ToThe_Bone View Post

Sanders quit after 10 years in the league...no where near his prime. Your sexual attraction to his legs isn't a good measure of Barkley's skill as a football player. Detroit never tried to put together a good team when they had Barry Sanders. He retired when he was no longer motivated to play the sport as is his prerogative. The fact that you feel the need to put HOF players down to lift a player up that has yet to play one down of football in this league says everything about your argument.

It's a low-class move.

Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Working...
                                X