X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli Manning: Most impressive offensive player at OTA's

Everyone agrees.

https://www.giants.com/news/fact-or-...player-at-otas

Fact or Fiction: The most impressive offensive player of the first two weeks of OTAs has been Eli Manning.

JOHN SCMEELK: Fact- The other guys I considered for this were Sterling Shepard, Cody Latimer and Evan Engram. Then I realized they all had something in common: Eli Manning is throwing them the football. It made the decision easy. Manning has only thrown one interception in all of OTAs and has been by far the best quarterback out there. His physical skills have not deteriorated, he seems to be making quick decisions, and he’s getting the ball to open receivers with accuracy. There’s really nothing to complain about. The addendum here, of course, is that he is completing these passes with no fear of a pass rush and sometimes will secure completions after what would have been a sack in a real-game situation (because of how long he holds the ball). With all that said, Manning is still the easy answer here.

DAN SALOMONE: Fact - If you were living under a rock for the last year and just crawled over to the Quest Diagnostics Training Center to see what was going on, you wouldn’t know Eli Manning has had only six full practices in Pat Shurmur’s offense with the entire team. You just wouldn’t. General manager Dave Gettleman’s quote from the Senior Bowl has stayed with me this whole time. Referring to Manning’s 434-yard performance against the Eagles in Week 15 last season, the incoming general manager said it was “not a mirage.” And with Manning, there is no secret elixir. It comes from being the hardest-working man in the building.

LANCE MEDOW: Fact - Given there’s no contact during OTAs, the quarterbacks are usually the ones who stand out the most. Although there’s constant speculation about how many more years Eli Manning has left, if OTAs are any indication, it appears he still has some gas in the tank. Eli has been spreading the wealth during practices as well as putting his arm strength on display. The most encouraging aspect, and likely the most meaningful, is the fact that Manning already appears to have command of and comfort with Pat Shurmur’s offense. Even though Eli is a polished vet and picking up a new system isn’t necessarily a tall order at this point in his career, this is his third new offense in the span of six years.

Eli is flat great when he knows he's not going to get hit.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

DAN SALOMONE: Fact - If you were living under a rock for the last year and just crawled over to the Quest Diagnostics Training Center to see what was going on, you wouldn’t know Eli Manning has had only six full practices in Pat Shurmur’s offense with the entire team. You just wouldn’t. General manager Dave Gettleman’s quote from the Senior Bowl has stayed with me this whole time. Referring to Manning’s 434-yard performance against the Eagles in Week 15 last season, the incoming general manager said it was “not a mirage.” And with Manning, there is no secret elixir. It comes from being the hardest-working man in the building.

BOOM. Haters are blind.

Comment

Originally posted by ETMF999 View Post
        Everyone agrees.

https://www.giants.com/news/fact-or-...player-at-otas

Fact or Fiction: The most impressive offensive player of the first two weeks of OTAs has been Eli Manning.

JOHN SCMEELK: Fact- The other guys I considered for this were Sterling Shepard, Cody Latimer and Evan Engram. Then I realized they all had something in common: Eli Manning is throwing them the football. It made the decision easy. Manning has only thrown one interception in all of OTAs and has been by far the best quarterback out there. His physical skills have not deteriorated, he seems to be making quick decisions, and he’s getting the ball to open receivers with accuracy. There’s really nothing to complain about. The addendum here, of course, is that he is completing these passes with no fear of a pass rush and sometimes will secure completions after what would have been a sack in a real-game situation (because of how long he holds the ball). With all that said, Manning is still the easy answer here.

LANCE MEDOW: Fact - Given there’s no contact during OTAs, the quarterbacks are usually the ones who stand out the most. Although there’s constant speculation about how many more years Eli Manning has left, if OTAs are any indication, it appears he still has some gas in the tank. Eli has been spreading the wealth during practices as well as putting his arm strength on display. The most encouraging aspect, and likely the most meaningful, is the fact that Manning already appears to have command of and comfort with Pat Shurmur’s offense. Even though Eli is a polished vet and picking up a new system isn’t necessarily a tall order at this point in his career, this is his third new offense in the span of six years.
        If anyone can turn around Eli its Shurmur. He made Case Keenum a top 10 QB last year with less talent around him then Eli will have here.

No excuses, lets get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

If anyone can turn around Eli its Shurmur. He made Case Keenum a top 10 QB last year with less talent around him then Eli will have here.

No excuses, lets get it done.
          I like the upgrades DG has made on offense. Much improved over last year. I think Eli has a good year.

But you are underestimating the Minnesota talent. They significantly improved their OL last year, and the trio of Diggs, Thielman, and Rudolph is really good.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post

BOOM. Haters are blind.
            Did Gettleman see the tape of the next game where we were shut out?

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Did Gettleman see the tape of the next game where we were shut out?
              The difference between you and Gettleman is he understands how the other 10 affect EVERY QB. You don't.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

The difference between you and Gettleman is he understands how the other 10 affect EVERY QB. You don't.
                Which is why he got fired last year.........

Comment

Which is why he got fired last year.........
                  Again, you post air. You have no clue why he got fired. Another post to the post count that has no value to any messageboard.

Comment

Again, you post air. You have no clue why he got fired. Another post to the post count that has no value to any messageboard.
                    "You post air"...that's pretty good Li'l Moosey. I like it.

Comment

Well with the revamped O Line maybe he wont get hit
                      Football has been very, very good to us.
                      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                      4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE
                      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

Well with the revamped O Line maybe he wont get hit
                        I'm sure that is exactly how it's going to go.

Comment

You seriously need to think about that.

Comment

"You post air"...that's pretty good Li'l Moosey. I like it.
                            Whenever you revert to posting "Moosey" you degrade yourself even further. No value added to the board.....just like every post you make.

Comment

I like the upgrades DG has made on offense. Much improved over last year. I think Eli has a good year.

But you are underestimating the Minnesota talent. They significantly improved their OL last year, and the trio of Diggs, Thielman, and Rudolph is really good.
                              They were good.

the talent around Eli is flat out better. No excuses

Comment

Working...
                              X