Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CB Depth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CB Depth

    Just saw this: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...j-ward-dropped

    I also just saw an article regarding DRC hinting at a return: https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/6/1...fl-free-agency

    Does anyone know anything about Ward? He had some pot charges dropped recently, which, I asusme, is why he's not signed by a team to date. Since dropped, and since we need depth at the DB positions, is he worth a look? I don't know anything about him, so figured I'd get some opinions.

    If we could get DRC back, that'd be fan-freaking-tastic. It'd make this off-season, which is by far the best off-season I can remember, even better.
    NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

    Rd 1
    Garrett Bolles - OT
    David Njoku - TE
    Zach Cunningham - OLB

  • #2
    Giants have way too much depth at CB right now. They have like 10 of them with the top 3 etched in stone.

    0 need for another CB.

    DRC is also a diva and prima donna, not a Dave Gettleman type of guy. DRC is not a guy who "hates to lose"

    Comment


    • #3
      I agree that getting DRC back should be the priority of this team..

      They only have 1 solid CB along with an aging vet and a very immature 1st rounder..

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ETMF999 View Post
        Giants have way too much depth at CB right now. They have like 10 of them with the top 3 etched in stone.

        0 need for another CB.

        DRC is also a diva and prima donna, not a Dave Gettleman type of guy. DRC is not a guy who "hates to lose"
        its talented CBs we're talking about here, most of these guys are just filling up a roster .

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Liquid Tension View Post
          I agree that getting DRC back should be the priority of this team..

          They only have 1 solid CB along with an aging vet and a very immature 1st rounder..


          Jackrabbit was an All-Pro in 2016.

          "Solid" is an understatement.

          He's the best corner in the entire NFC East.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by JesseJames View Post

            its talented CBs we're talking about here, most of these guys are just filling up a roster .


            0 chance Gettleman signs DRC.

            Most NFL teams don't have a stud #4 corner sitting on their roster. Stop the delusion.

            Whoever wins the competition out of the 5 guys competing for the #4 CB spot, gets the job.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Liquid Tension View Post
              I agree that getting DRC back should be the priority of this team..

              They only have 1 solid CB along with an aging vet and a very immature 1st rounder..
              As others mentioned, I was referring to actual talent. We do have a ridiculous amount of CB's, but they're just bodies apparently.

              Not for nothing, but how the hell is DRC a primadonna? He did what was asked of him, played multiple positions outside his natural position, and never complained. Are you saying this because he wanted to get paid a figure he deserved to paid at the end of his contract?
              NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

              Rd 1
              Garrett Bolles - OT
              David Njoku - TE
              Zach Cunningham - OLB

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post

                As others mentioned, I was referring to actual talent. We do have a ridiculous amount of CB's, but they're just bodies apparently.

                Not for nothing, but how the hell is DRC a primadonna? He did what was asked of him, played multiple positions outside his natural position, and never complained. Are you saying this because he wanted to get paid a figure he deserved to paid at the end of his contract?

                He's a prima donna. It's why he was suspended last season. Terrible locker room guy. Not a Gettleman type guy.

                Like I said, show me how many teams in the NFL have a stud #4 corner on their roster. I'll wait.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ETMF999 View Post


                  He's a prima donna. It's why he was suspended last season. Terrible locker room guy. Not a Gettleman type guy.

                  Like I said, show me how many teams in the NFL have a stud #4 corner on their roster. I'll wait.
                  We don't have a stud #4. We don't have a stud #2 or #3. I don't see where you're going with that there.

                  I actually forgot he was suspended. He apparently had a disagreement with the coaching staff last year......honestly, I probably would have too.

                  Either way, I'd love DRC back. He's a baller, and would be a great addition to our backfield......I wouldn't mind seeing him as a FS.
                  NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

                  Rd 1
                  Garrett Bolles - OT
                  David Njoku - TE
                  Zach Cunningham - OLB

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post

                    We don't have a stud #4. We don't have a stud #2 or #3. I don't see where you're going with that there.

                    I actually forgot he was suspended. He apparently had a disagreement with the coaching staff last year......honestly, I probably would have too.

                    Either way, I'd love DRC back. He's a baller, and would be a great addition to our backfield......I wouldn't mind seeing him as a FS.


                    Apple was a #10 pick. He will be the #2. Gay is an established #3. Apple can definitely be a stud #2, he has all the tools.

                    DRC doesn't play with grit or heart. He is a finesse corner who isn't physical.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post

                      As others mentioned, I was referring to actual talent. We do have a ridiculous amount of CB's, but they're just bodies apparently.

                      Not for nothing, but how the hell is DRC a primadonna? He did what was asked of him, played multiple positions outside his natural position, and never complained. Are you saying this because he wanted to get paid a figure he deserved to paid at the end of his contract?
                      Not for nothing but I never said anything bad about DRC or the money he wants to be paid or should be paid..

                      I did say he would be the 2nd best corner on this team but they cut him!

                      You need to address the etmf999 guy or girl about this not me they are the one who doesn't like DRC..

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ETMF999 View Post



                        Jackrabbit was an All-Pro in 2016.

                        "Solid" is an understatement.

                        He's the best corner in the entire NFC East.
                        One all pro season makes him exactly a solid player...

                        You do know that there are 8 divisions so being the best in one isn't really much substance for an argument.. Just saying..

                        You're a riot with all these responses...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ETMF999 View Post



                          Apple was a #10 pick. He will be the #2. Gay is an established #3. Apple can definitely be a stud #2, he has all the tools.

                          DRC doesn't play with grit or heart. He is a finesse corner who isn't physical.
                          Apple is 0-2 so far displaying his talent...

                          I guess using your logic Flowers can be a stud since he was selected #9...

                          You can't make this stuff up!! Thanks...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            DRC is not a big playmaking corner but he is smart and is always in the position to make the QB look in another direction....

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Liquid Tension View Post

                              Not for nothing but I never said anything bad about DRC or the money he wants to be paid or should be paid..

                              I did say he would be the 2nd best corner on this team but they cut him!

                              You need to address the etmf999 guy or girl about this not me they are the one who doesn't like DRC..
                              +1......quoted the wrong person. My B.
                              NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

                              Rd 1
                              Garrett Bolles - OT
                              David Njoku - TE
                              Zach Cunningham - OLB

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X