Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eli Manning, encouraged by new Giants offense, believes he still has prime years left

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by fletch842 View Post

    Let's see how he reacts with a line that he trusts, and some semblance of a running game. Perhaps the Eli man of Steel that we saw in 2011 playoffs will be back, as opposed to the shell shocked version we saw last year. Confidence can be a really good thing.
    They better get lucky with some of these camp bodies playing the right side of the line otherwise he still won't trust the line...

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

      What Dallas linemen?
      My bad, detroit

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Liquid Tension View Post

        They better get lucky with some of these camp bodies playing the right side of the line otherwise he still won't trust the line...
        for sure, at least we have the hope. Going into last year with almost no change on the line had many of us quite nervous.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by fletch842 View Post

          for sure, at least we have the hope. Going into last year with almost no change on the line had many of us quite nervous.
          Wait didn't you buy into the facts that Flowers and Hart stayed all winter and trained???

          What a mess that turned out to be!!!

          Comment


          • #20
            Do some of you still think we have AR or Cam behind center & not a QB that even in his 20s, was not the most fleet footed QB in football? Eli has never been a running/scrambling QB, he is not agile or elusive. Giants knew that when they got him. He is a classic pocket passer & needs a somewhat clean pocket to operate from. Once that pocket collapses in under 3 seconds due to pathetic pass pro from people like Flowers & company, Eli is gonna eat the ball rather than throw it for a pick or get called for intentional grounding. Coach Menu drilled that into him these past 4yrs or so. If within 3 secs, no ones open or you're gonna get sacked, spike the ball or go down to avoid injury. Would some of you have been happier to see him chug along for 3-4 yds, get hit & injured & miss a few games or even go IR for the season? Eli's 14yr career ypc is 1.8! He is not nor ever been a running QB so stop with the BS posts about how he can't evade a rush & run for a 1st dn, as much as I wish he had his dad's athletic scrambling ability, unfortunately, Archie didn't pass that down to him. Give Eli just 3 secs at least & then we'll see what he can do. Not much to be done In 2.5 or less.

            Comment


            • #21
              If people haven't figured out that the 3+ second clean pocket doesn't happen in the NFL anymore then they aren't really paying attention.

              Those days are long gone due to the new lack of training opportunities that these players get...

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Liquid Tension View Post
                If people haven't figured out that the 3+ second clean pocket doesn't happen in the NFL anymore then they aren't really paying attention.

                Those days are long gone due to the new lack of training opportunities that these players get...
                It happens with our pass rush.
                Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                  It happens with our pass rush.
                  I stand corrected!!

                  Too bad Eli doesn't get to play against the Giants defense... Oh wait maybe the practices are the problem!!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Liquid Tension View Post

                    I stand corrected!!

                    Too bad Eli doesn't get to play against the Giants defense... Oh wait maybe the practices are the problem!!
                    Folks obsess over our O line...and for good reason. But the biggest problem with our team in my view is the pass rush. That has been a problem for years.
                    Steve Spagnuolo was simply unable to figure out how to disrupt the QB.
                    Maybe the new guy will find a way.
                    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Liquid Tension View Post
                      If people haven't figured out that the 3+ second clean pocket doesn't happen in the NFL anymore then they aren't really paying attention.

                      Those days are long gone due to the new lack of training opportunities that these players get...
                      In order for a WR to get down the field for a long pass play or '' the bomb", he needs more than 2 - 2.5 seconds to get over the top of the D, no WR, don't care if they can run the 40 in 4.2, is gonna get open for a deep pass in under 3 seconds. In order to complete that play, the QB is gonna need good pass pro & a pocket The QB has to have a clean pocket to observe if the #1 option is open for the deep pass, if not he has to go to option #2. I have seen Brady, big Ben, Dak, AR & countless other QBs have a clean pocket where they had enough time to text their GF/baby momma & their agent & still find the open receiver deep down field. Eli is usually kissing the ground at the 2.5 sec mark.

                      You also need a run game to keep the D honest. Something Eli has lacked for over 5 yrs.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                        It happens with our pass rush.
                        haha ... nicely done

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post

                          In order for a WR to get down the field for a long pass play or '' the bomb", he needs more than 2 - 2.5 seconds to get over the top of the D, no WR, don't care if they can run the 40 in 4.2, is gonna get open for a deep pass in under 3 seconds. In order to complete that play, the QB is gonna need good pass pro & a pocket The QB has to have a clean pocket to observe if the #1 option is open for the deep pass, if not he has to go to option #2. I have seen Brady, big Ben, Dak, AR & countless other QBs have a clean pocket where they had enough time to text their GF/baby momma & their agent & still find the open receiver deep down field. Eli is usually kissing the ground at the 2.5 sec mark.

                          You also need a run game to keep the D honest. Something Eli has lacked for over 5 yrs.
                          I think we've discovered the problem here.

                          "Something ELI has lacked"? I think you mean "something the TEAM has lacked"....right?
                          Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post

                            In order for a WR to get down the field for a long pass play or '' the bomb", he needs more than 2 - 2.5 seconds to get over the top of the D, no WR, don't care if they can run the 40 in 4.2, is gonna get open for a deep pass in under 3 seconds. In order to complete that play, the QB is gonna need good pass pro & a pocket The QB has to have a clean pocket to observe if the #1 option is open for the deep pass, if not he has to go to option #2. I have seen Brady, big Ben, Dak, AR & countless other QBs have a clean pocket where they had enough time to text their GF/baby momma & their agent & still find the open receiver deep down field. Eli is usually kissing the ground at the 2.5 sec mark.

                            You also need a run game to keep the D honest. Something Eli has lacked for over 5 yrs.
                            You're a riot!! Thanks...

                            The league is full of bad offensive lines which is well documented...

                            That is why mobile QBs are becoming the norm....

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                              Folks obsess over our O line...and for good reason. But the biggest problem with our team in my view is the pass rush. That has been a problem for years.
                              Steve Spagnuolo was simply unable to figure out how to disrupt the QB.
                              Maybe the new guy will find a way.
                              That's is one of the main problems with this off season..
                              They only addressed this with a few part time players who've never produce that great at rushing the passer...

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post
                                Do some of you still think we have AR or Cam behind center & not a QB that even in his 20s, was not the most fleet footed QB in football? Eli has never been a running/scrambling QB, he is not agile or elusive. Giants knew that when they got him. He is a classic pocket passer & needs a somewhat clean pocket to operate from. Once that pocket collapses in under 3 seconds due to pathetic pass pro from people like Flowers & company, Eli is gonna eat the ball rather than throw it for a pick or get called for intentional grounding. Coach Menu drilled that into him these past 4yrs or so. If within 3 secs, no ones open or you're gonna get sacked, spike the ball or go down to avoid injury. Would some of you have been happier to see him chug along for 3-4 yds, get hit & injured & miss a few games or even go IR for the season? Eli's 14yr career ypc is 1.8! He is not nor ever been a running QB so stop with the BS posts about how he can't evade a rush & run for a 1st dn, as much as I wish he had his dad's athletic scrambling ability, unfortunately, Archie didn't pass that down to him. Give Eli just 3 secs at least & then we'll see what he can do. Not much to be done In 2.5 or less.
                                +1.There ya go using truth and fact ,the not so friendly anti-Eli people will be mad with you.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X