Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alec Ogletree could be difference-maker for Giants on defense, says Damon Harrison

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alec Ogletree could be difference-maker for Giants on defense, says Damon Harrison

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...612-story.html

Excerpt: "There is certainly plenty of optimism surrounding the Giants this offseason despite coming off a 3-13 season, but new and old faces alike believe there is plenty of good reason for it.

Giants nose tackle Damon “Snacks” Harrison said at Tuesday’s minicamp that those returning from last year have been humbled by the experience.

“I honestly don’t think we were what our record was last year and I know it’s tough to understand that,” he said. “Going 3-13, I think what we were, you would expect guys to come back down on themselves. That was just a humbling season for everybody. So, if anybody was on their high horse, they have no choice but to get down now and get back to the drawing board and work all over again, which is a good thing to see.”

Harrison added that morale is high with the team at minicamp and like many of the other guys on the Giants defense, he is particularly excited to see how the changes in the defense under coordinator James Bettcher shape out in the new blitz-heavy, 3-4 scheme.

Harrison played in a similar system under Todd Bowles with the Jets and noted that not much changes for an interior lineman like himself, but he expects the biggest difference to come from the new inside linebacker, Alec Ogletree." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I wanted Ogletree bad when he was coming out of college. The kid is a stud. DG just put together the best off-season the Giants have had in nearly 10 years, perhaps the best in my lifetime. I love nearly every move he's made so far.
    NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
    Garrett Bolles - OT
    David Njoku - TE
    Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

I think Ogletree will be a better player in this defense than he was in the Rams scheme. But his high number of missed tackles makes me cautiously optimistic.

Comment

His production has fallen off too much once he got the contract..
        Hopefully they will be able to fix the missed tackles and bad angles he takes..

Comment

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post
          I wanted Ogletree bad when he was coming out of college. The kid is a stud. DG just put together the best off-season the Giants have had in nearly 10 years, perhaps the best in my lifetime. I love nearly every move he's made so far.

John Mara is with Gettleman on a daily basis. He now knows what he's been missing out on this whole time. Should have hired Gettleman as Giants GM in 2007 over the unqualified Reese.

Comment

Originally posted by ETMF999 View Post

John Mara is with Gettleman on a daily basis. He now knows what he's been missing out on this whole time. Should have hired Gettleman as Giants GM in 2007 over the unqualified Reese.
            +1
            NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
            Garrett Bolles - OT
            David Njoku - TE
            Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Working...
            X