Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants' Saquon Barkley on being called out by Damon Harrison: 'His nickname is Snacks for a reason'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants' Saquon Barkley on being called out by Damon Harrison: 'His nickname is Snacks for a reason'

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

Excerpt: "Giants Pro Bowl nose tackle Damon 'Snacks' Harrison threw down the gauntlet Tuesday, vowing to "hit [Saquon Barkley's] *** and see what he is made of," during training camp, and Barkley couldn't help but laugh at his teammate's challenge.

"My response to that is," Barkley said following Wednesday's practice at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center. "I'm just happy that we're on the same team, and he only gets to hit me maybe once or twice a year, rather than facing him for a whole game.

"He is one of the best defensive linemen in the NFL, and I have a lot of respect for how he carries himself, how he prepares ... I'm going to run away from that challenge, and just say that I'm happy that he's on my team. I don't know anyone who is going to run over Snacks. His nickname is Snacks for a reason. I'm just fortunate to be able to play with him, rather than against him."

Harrison says that there's definitely a benefit to practicing against a rookie running back every day who is as electrifying as Barkley.

"I told him, 'It's not Penn State. You aren't going up against Wake Forest,'" Harrison said. "The guy is explosive. You can see how they will use him in the offense, which will be to our benefit. "ou get in between the lines and you've got the ball in your hands," Harrison said, "I don't care what anyone is saying. It's time to work. I don't think we'll be able to hit him too hard, but I'm going to hit his ***."

While Barkley says he's counting his blessing that he won't have to line up against Harrison, Giants defensive coordinator James Bettcher is thrilled that he doesn't have to game-plan against Barkley.

"He's a special player," Bettcher said Wednesday. "He's a guy that's going to create nightmares for any defensive coordinator, and matchup problems on any given down." Read more..
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Can't wait for Sept!

Comment

Giants defensive coordinator James Bettcher is thrilled that he doesn't have to game-plan against Barkley.

"He's a special player," Bettcher said Wednesday. "He's a guy that's going to create nightmares for any defensive coordinator, and matchup problems on any given down."

Good luck finding out that after round 1.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
        Giants defensive coordinator James Bettcher is thrilled that he doesn't have to game-plan against Barkley.

"He's a special player," Bettcher said Wednesday. "He's a guy that's going to create nightmares for any defensive coordinator, and matchup problems on any given down."

Good luck finding out that after round 1.
        Ba ba ba but he a RB. You only take a Qb because they last longer.
        "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Working...
        X