Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linebackers if 2012...who stays and who goes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linebackers if 2012...who stays and who goes?

Staying:

Kiwi - has really shown his versitility and is a true professional.

Boley - Having a Pro Bowl season, until he got hurt.

Williams - He is closing in on 75-80 tackles as a rookie. Great speed and he is impressive.

Blackburn - not sure why we ever let this guy go anyways, but I'd give him another year.

Herzlich - I actually think he was playing well in the few games he gave us. This may be a reach, but this kid is fantastic against the run. Pass coverage....its a work in progress.

Gone:

Jones - I had high hopes for him coming out of the Big Ten, but he has been really disappointing.

Paysinger - Hasn't shown enough to step on the field. Good speed, but that is it.

"Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Re: Linebackers if 2012...who stays and who goes?

Oh!!

Goff - Staying...

Sintim - Dont let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya!

"Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Comment

adios Sintim !!!

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]

Staying:

Williams - He is closing in on 75-80 tackles as a rookie. Great speed and he is impressive.

Blackburn - not sure why we ever let this guy go anyways, but I'd give him another year.

Herzlich - I actually think he was playing well in the few games he gave us. This may be a reach, but this kid is fantastic against the run. Pass coverage....its a work in progress.

Gone:

Jones - I had high hopes for him coming out of the Big Ten, but he has been really disappointing.

Paysinger - Hasn't shown enough to step on the field. Good speed, but that is it.

[/quote]

Ehh, I think Blackburn is gone again. He is a solid special teamer but he hasn't been great on D just hasn't made any big mistakes.

Comment

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]

Staying:

*********Kiwi - has really shown his versitility and is a true professional.

*********Boley - Having a Pro Bowl season, until he got hurt.

*********Williams - He is closing in on 75-80 tackles as a rookie. Great speed and he is impressive.

*********Blackburn - not sure why we ever let this guy go anyways, but I'd give him another year.

******** Herzlich - I actually think he was playing well in the few games he gave us. This may be a reach, but this kid is fantastic against the run. Pass coverage....its a work in progress.

Gone:

*********Jones - I had high hopes for him coming out of the Big Ten, but he has been really disappointing.

*********Paysinger - Hasn't shown enough to step on the field. Good speed, but that is it.

[/quote]

We're not getting rid of a linebacker that we just drafted. Look at how long we've held onto Beckum, Sintim, even Barden for that matter. Jones will be here for atleast another 2 years. He was what a 6th rounder? He's development. Paysinger? Depends on FA signings and the draft. Herzlich? Nice Story, but same deal as Paysinger I'm affraid.

Comment

I STILL like Blackburn. The guy is still a monster on Special Teams; seems he's always the first, or one of the first guys in on kickoff tackles. Plus, I like the emotional spark. There are a few LB's whos's skills are on par w/Chase, but they don't provide that spark, that leadership, that the G's seem to be soely lacking..;..

Oh, and on a totally different topic, the Cowboys eat it. Go Big Blue!!!

Comment

[quote user="Carnage929"][quote user="Shockeyitus"]

Staying:

*********Williams - He is closing in on 75-80 tackles as a rookie. Great speed and he is impressive.

*********Blackburn - not sure why we ever let this guy go anyways, but I'd give him another year.

******** Herzlich - I actually think he was playing well in the few games he gave us. This may be a reach, but this kid is fantastic against the run. Pass coverage....its a work in progress.

Gone:

*********Jones - I had high hopes for him coming out of the Big Ten, but he has been really disappointing.

*********Paysinger - Hasn't shown enough to step on the field. Good speed, but that is it.

[/quote]

We're not getting rid of a linebacker that we just drafted. Look at how long we've held onto Beckum, Sintim, even Barden for that matter. Jones will be here for atleast another 2 years. He was what a 6th rounder? He's development. Paysinger? Depends on FA signings and the draft. Herzlich? Nice Story, but same deal as Paysinger I'm affraid.[/quote]Do remember we got rid of Dillard this offseason who we drafted with the 4th pick in the 2010 draft. I'm not saying that I think Jones will be released this year but it's still a possibility.

Comment

[quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="Carnage929"][quote user="Shockeyitus"]

Staying:

Gone:

[/quote] We're not getting rid of a linebacker that we just drafted. Look at how long we've held onto Beckum, Sintim, even Barden for that matter. Jones will be here for atleast another 2 years. He was what a 6th rounder? He's development. Paysinger? Depends on FA signings and the draft. Herzlich? Nice Story, but same deal as Paysinger I'm affraid.[/quote]Do remember we got rid of Dillard this offseason who we drafted with the 4th pick in the 2010 draft. I'm not saying that I think Jones will be released this year but it's still a possibility.[/quote]

Imho, I think Herlzlich is safe. He worked his way up to the starting MLB job (not that it means a ton considering who he was up against) but he is ahead of Greg Jones right now for sure.

Comment

[quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="Carnage929"][quote user="Shockeyitus"]

Staying:

Gone:

[/quote]

We're not getting rid of a linebacker that we just drafted. Look at how long we've held onto Beckum, Sintim, even Barden for that matter. Jones will be here for atleast another 2 years. He was what a 6th rounder? He's development. Paysinger? Depends on FA signings and the draft. Herzlich? Nice Story, but same deal as Paysinger I'm affraid.[/quote]Do remember we got rid of Dillard this offseason who we drafted with the 4th pick in the 2010 draft. I'm not saying that I think Jones will be released this year but it's still a possibility.[/quote]

That's right, forgot about Dillard.

Comment

I actually think Reese will finally come to his senses and play Sintim at End where he belongs. He'll need to put on 20 pounds though.

Kiwi will be back but I'm hoping he's plays at End more next season. His versatility is great but we need better balance.

Boley is having a great year. He'll be back

I can't really call it for the rookies this season. I think they'll all have to fight for a roster spot again next year but someone has to go because there's no way we don't bring a studd linebacker in during the off season.
                    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

Boley clearly is back next year.

Kiwi is back, but ideally playing primarily in the DE rotation, especially if Osi is traded like so many expect.

I like Blakburn and Hrzlich for depth

In a perfect world they pick up a stud MLB and OLB in the draft and/or FA, in reality that isn't likely. So I will hold out hope that they manage to get a very good MLB that can lead this defense over the next several years. Personally, I don't see that man in the list above.

My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

I think the Giants should draft a guy that can work at MLB or SOLB. James Michael Johnson of Nevada would be my choice

Comment

Blackburn gone...if he doesn't have a great offseason,jones gone....sintim gone....kiwi back to de....
                          Boley,Williams,Herz,goff,ROOKIE,FA....that's how I'd like to see it..
                          & goff shouldNt be a guy that's guaranteed a starting spot as soon as he's back (assuming he's brought back)......he's always been average & a year out of football,he needs to fight for his spot like everyone else...

Comment

We need to draft a stud MLB or get one in FA. Its time, we do not have one on our team right now. I am disappointed in Jones so far, but he is still a rookie. Williams is playing well right now. We just need some one with the smarts to play MLB and the physical talent to guy with the smarts. I really don't see Goff as that guy. It is such an important position on the defense, we need a stud.

Comment

[quote user="galaxy10"]We need to draft a stud MLB or get one in FA.* Its time, we do not have one on our team right now.* I am disappointed in Jones so far, but he is still a rookie. Williams is playing well right now.* We just need some one with the smarts to play MLB and the physical talent to guy with the smarts.* I really don't see Goff as that guy.* It is such an important position on the defense, we need a stud.*
                              [/quote] couldn't have said it any better.....also we literally have no SLB,kiwi needs to be back at his DE spot......draft & FA lbs....enough of this crap

Comment

Working...
                              X