Brandon Myers, Louis Murphy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    I expect Myers will have a good to very good year. with opposing defenses preoccupied with our other receivers Myers could have a field day in some games and situations. i like him as an offensive player....and maybe game breaker in this offense.

as with Myers, Murphy will benefit from the attention given our other 3 receivers. alls he has to do is execute and i think he will in most situations.
    im on board with Myers, not really that high for Murphy. If he can step in when somebody goes down and get one or two deep TDs he will be perfect for us
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
      I expect Myers will have a good to very good year. with opposing defenses preoccupied with our other receivers Myers could have a field day in some games and situations. i like him as an offensive player....and maybe game breaker in this offense.

as with Myers, Murphy will benefit from the attention given our other 3 receivers. alls he has to do is execute and i think he will in most situations.
      nice post. i agree for the most part.

i think myers will have success if we utilize him more on underneath routes, like a checkdown/move the chains option similar to how dallas uses witten. im not saying to not use him to challenge defenses downfield, its just maybe he and eli need to develop a rapport before it looks like its clicking...

Comment

I could be all wrong about this, but I think TC is hiding some of our capabilities from Dallas. It's such a big game as the season opener (could set the 1st half season pace and confidence level of both teams) and a big division game. As far as I know, Meyers has only been targeted one time in both games. It would benefit the Giants to "hide" certain capabilities to make game planning more difficult for the Cowboys. Meyers was a beast for a bad Raider team last year and I'm sure he hasn't lost those skills. He is NOT a blocking TE. He is another big body receiver.I think he will surprise quite a few people this year although I 'm not sure why given the season he had last year. Anyone who plays fantasy football knows what he did!Go Giants!! Kick Cowgirls butts in their house again!

Comment

Myers is a nice player, but he's very different than the type of player we've used at the position the past few years. We've primarly used our TE's as blockers and as field stretchers up the seems.

Myers is more of a check-down option and someone that works well in the middle of the field. So I think it's gonna take some time before he truly fits.
          All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

Think about it... Cruz and Meyer in the middle of the field with Nicks and Randall on the outside. Oh, and Wilson out of the backfield or AB2 blocking for Eli!! Now if only our Oline situation could improve!!!!

Comment

louis murphy is a hit or miss that's the thing. in oakland he was great at times then dissapeared for 3-4 games

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                Do we even check down to our TE's or RB's?
                Considering MB had 90 targets last season, I'd say yes, we do throw to the right end.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                  nice post. i agree for the most part.

i think myers will have success if we utilize him more on underneath routes, like a checkdown/move the chains option similar to how dallas uses witten. im not saying to not use him to challenge defenses downfield, its just maybe he and eli need to develop a rapport before it looks like its clicking...
                  im sure Myers' area of responsibility is check downs and middle of the field type stuff. if he even get close to what Witten does hes having a good season.

occasionally Eli will try him deep to keep opposing defenses honest. those could be the game breakers.

i like the signing and think hes better than the Black Unicorn.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
                    im on board with Myers, not really that high for Murphy. If he can step in when somebody goes down and get one or two deep TDs he will be perfect for us
                    whatever we get from Murphy will be at the expense of the other receivers. im thinking he will be included in many 3-4 wide receiver schemes. those opportunities is where he needs to make his money.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
                      Think about it... Cruz and Meyer in the middle of the field with Nicks and Randall on the outside. Oh, and Wilson out of the backfield or AB2 blocking for Eli!! Now if only our Oline situation could improve!!!!
                      As a group, these are rur best skill players ever.
                      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Meyers better work on his blocking because it has been AWFUL...he makes Bear Pascoe look like an All Pro TE. I'm really hoping Robinson and Donnell both develop and quickly bc we need some REAL tight ends. Not one guy who can block and one guy who is a receiving TE, that won't cut it on this team.

Comment

Originally posted by winston.charles View Post
                          louis murphy is a hit or miss that's the thing. in oakland he was great at times then dissapeared for 3-4 games
                          I thought LM came from Carolina?

Comment

Originally posted by dnotch121 View Post
                            I thought LM came from Carolina?
                            Oakland before Carolina.
                            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Who cares what they did so far? These games don't count. They could go off wk 1, like preseason never happened. They are still practicing and getting many reps we do not see at practice.

Comment

Originally posted by dnotch121 View Post
                                Exactly. You hear about the stuff in practice but in real games nothing
                                well he hasn't played in a REAL game yet
                                Last edited by B-Red22; 08-22-2013, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X