No announcement yet.

Any chance this happens?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You said we have enough safeties. I'm not so sure we really have ones I feel comfortable with in deep coverage, Rolle included. And in an Under front, the strongside position is closer to DE anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
      You said we have enough safeties. I'm not so sure we really have ones I feel comfortable with in deep coverage, Rolle included. And in an Under front, the strongside position is closer to DE anyway.
      It is closer to DE but he is better up front with JPP on the otherside. We need him to rotate with an aging Tuck. Rivers is more then capable of filling that roll if healthy.

I said we have enough safties cause you were going down the list of the one's we are missing..
      sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

So you agree with carrying a 6th DT who will in all probability be a healthy scratch on Sundays in favor of another DB that could potentially fill the void of a lost starter?

Comment

So you agree with carrying a 6th DT who will in all probability be a healthy scratch on Sundays in favor of another DB that could potentially fill the void of a lost starter?
          Who said we are carrying a 6th DT? Why don't we wait until all the cuts are done with.
          Like I said I think we are fine with all our DB's.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
            Who said we are carrying a 6th DT? Why don't we wait until all the cuts are done with.
            Like I said I think we are fine with all our DB's.
            Do you have short term memory? Trek back to the premise of what I was speaking of. The OP suggested a roster designation of LB for Kiwi in order to free up a roster spot for DT. I disagreed in that the DB situation, primarily safety, is much more of a dire concern, and it is. You're going to argue otherwise?

Comment

Do you have short term memory? Trek back to the premise of what I was speaking of. The OP suggested a roster designation of LB for Kiwi in order to free up a roster spot for DT. I disagreed in that the DB situation, primarily safety, is much more of a dire concern, and it is. You're going to argue otherwise?
              Yeah it's not a concern... Rolle will be back on opening day, Giants already said they had planned on moving T2 to safety and Sash has played well. Hill is coming back in 4 games. We can make due without having to sign another DB. At this point why would we who's out there?? Might as well go with the guys that know the system.

Comment

And I have my reservations about all of them being competent or talented enough at playing single deep high. Again, quantity in names.

Comment

And I have my reservations about all of them being competent or talented enough at playing single deep high. Again, quantity in names.
                  I see your concern, Brown just went down it's a huge hit to us. I just think you'll run into the same problems if you bring a new guy in here.

Comment

The main point, though, is in the event the Giants opened up a roster spot as the OP is suggesting, I'd at least gamble with a flier on someone like Kerry Rhodes or even KP at a position that looks a little more vulnerable, before I look to stash away a 6th DT who will do next to nothing on either D or STs with 5 guys in front of him. Whether that flier on a DB pans out or not, it is far more proactive than unnecessarily gutloading the interior of the Dline where most 4-3 teams carry only 4-5, and then trying to address the safety issue midseason.

Comment

The main point, though, is in the event the Giants opened up a roster spot as the OP is suggesting, I'd at least gamble with a flier on someone like Kerry Rhodes or even KP at a position that looks a little more vulnerable, before I look to stash away a 6th DT who will do next to nothing on either D or STs with 5 guys in front of him. Whether that flier on a DB pans out or not, it is far more proactive than unnecessarily gutloading the interior of the Dline where most 4-3 teams carry only 4-5, and then trying to address the safety issue midseason.
                      Well I would definitely be down with giving Rhodes or KP a shot, maybe you got something there. I forgot those guys are out there.

Comment

Whats with this assumption that Cooper Taylor is a starting quality safety? I really don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by M00KIE View Post
                          Whats with this assumption that Cooper Taylor is a starting quality safety? I really don't get it.
                          No one knows yet..kid hasn't played a snap. He does have size and in college he had good instincts in the run game and good coverage skills. Just a matter of him putting it together.

Comment

Working...
                          X