Unsubstantiated- Read on another Board spags fired and returning to Eagles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsubstantiated- Read on another Board spags fired and returning to Eagles

The guy claims to have heard it on Sirius NFL Radio a few hours ago.....

Could be a hoax but worth checking out

If true the SOBs beat us again........we really need a more pro-active management team if this is true

Maybe we can return the favor and sign Jackson in the off season

Re: Unsubstantiated- Read on another Board spags fired and returning to Eagles

I wouldn't get all worked up, it will all play out in time, Andy is staying in Philly, experiment with the DC has failed so would imagine he is pushing big for Spags.

Only way Spags comes back is if he knows he has a shot to take over when TC is done.

Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

Poor Jack and you where on somewhat of aroll.[]

Comment

this is all I could find on the Internet-

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9...-fired-by-rams

Comment

If true, this would mean that Spags is a complete idiot, and I don't beleive that to be true. He has a decent chance of being offered another HC job. It would be foolish for him not to play the market a little bit and see what offers he can get. There is no waythat he would not be offered at least a DC job somehere. Why take that now before he sees what kind of offers he gets after the season is over?

Comment

[quote user="Joe Morrison"]

I wouldn't get all worked up, it will all play out in time, Andy is staying in Philly, experiment with the DC has failed so would imagine he is pushing big for Spags.

Only way Spags comes back is if he knows he has a shot to take over when TC is done.

[/quote]

Mara has to get off the couch, and call Steve the moment he is let go.......this is like getting the chance to get Lombardi back from the Packers 50 yrs ago.....once in a lifetime opportunity

Offer him HC money and PROMISE HIM in writing the HC job as soon as Tom retires

which could be this off season if we win the trophy IMHO

I could live with Tom a few more seasons with that deal in place and in writing

Comment

complete rumor, not true at all. u didn't report anything that hasnt already been discussed here repeatedly.

BOGUS THREAD...u need to chill out Jak, its getting really annoying and its really over the top.

Comment

Spags is a fine defensive coordinator, and NOT a good head coach, some guys are just not cut out to be head coaches, that's all.

Comment

[quote user="swordfish"]Spags is a fine defensive coordinator, and NOT a good head coach, some guys are just not cut out to be head coaches, that's all.[/quote]

**** Lebeau.

But honestly, Spags is not being given a fair shot with the Rams and what they have.

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[quote user="swordfish"]Spags is a fine defensive coordinator, and NOT a good head coach, some guys are just not cut out to be head coaches, that's all.[/quote]

**** Lebeau.

But honestly, Spags is not being given a fair shot with the Rams and what they have.

[/quote]

Well, he HAS had 3 years. Something about the team should have shown improvement, and it hasn't.

Also, nothing is being said about Josh McDaniels. Why does he get a pass? His offense hasn't done ****. He's been exposed, as I believed he would be.

Not so easy to be an offensive genius without Brady and Belichick covering your ***, is it, Josh?

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"]complete rumor, not true at all. u didn't report anything that hasnt already been discussed here repeatedly.

BOGUS THREAD...u need to chill out Jak, its getting really annoying and its really over the top.[/quote]

I gave you the source

dont shoot the messenger

if true its horrible news

Comment

Here's how it works.

Individuals in the media make up completely bogus information that they think has a decent chance of happening.

If it doesn't happen, everyone forgets.

If it does, they say 'reported here first.'

It's a real shame for people looking for real, reliable news.

Comment

[quote user="BParcells777"][quote user="giantsfan420"]complete rumor, not true at all. u didn't report anything that hasnt already been discussed here repeatedly.

BOGUS THREAD...u need to chill out Jak, its getting really annoying and its really over the top.[/quote]

I gave you the source

dont shoot the messenger

if true its horrible news
                          [/quote]

u gave me a source thats restated what nfl.com, espn.com, the san diego tribune all said a few days ago. we all knew of this report.

whats bogus is u saying he's been fired and is a member of philly. BOGUS. he hasnt even been fired yet.

and there are just as many reports by legit sources like lombardi among others that say spags is going to the giants bc of spags bad history with andy reid

Comment

I think Phili's defense has performed much better the 2nd half. My gut tells me that they stick with Reid, and he stays with the current guy (who has been on his coaching staff his entire ride in Phili)

I don't see this as having a shred of truth to it. Pure speculation.

Comment

[quote user="BParcells777"][quote user="Joe Morrison"]

[/quote]

Mara has to get off the couch, and call Steve the moment he is let go.......this is like getting the chance to get Lombardi back from the Packers 50 yrs ago.....once in a lifetime opportunity

Offer him HC money and PROMISE HIM in writing the HC job as soon as Tom retires

which could be this off season if we win the trophy IMHO

I could live with Tom a few more seasons with that deal in place and in writing
                              [/quote]
                              I'd like Spags back as well, but you can't pull a "Garrett" -- telling him that the HC job is his when the current HC is gone, like Jerry Jones did concerning Garrett and Wade Philips. Garrett looked like a fairly mediocre OC after that promise was made to him, and yet he had this promise waiting for him.
                              Spags SHOULD wait until at least the Giants game is over to see what direction they're going in. If the Giants make the playoffs, Fewell probably sticks around and Spags SHOULD take the job with the Eagles (it was his original NFL home -- why not??).

Honestly, if TC got fired (I want him to get one more year) then I would at least talk to Spags about talking the HC job. He may do much better with the talent that the Giants have compared with the Rams.

Comment

Working...
                              X