Got a bad feeling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a bad feeling

I don't know if it's just me, but I got a bad feeling about this game already. The Cowboys have been awfully quiet and humble this week and haven't said a word, even Rob Ryan. Meanwhile, Tuck and Jacobs are talking trash.

Furthermore, I don't think we had a really good practice this week. In Coughlin's presser he seemed unimpressed with the way we practiced and sounded very unsure and unconvincing when asked about how well practice went.

Grant was also asked in his segment about how practice went and he said that it wasn't the best practice and there is still work that needs to be done, but the emotional intensity was still there.

Rolle was also not as confident and enthused as he usually is, he also seemed like he was unsure of how well our practice went. When asked about the defense he said "I can't speak for everyone else, but I know I'm ready"....that already bothers the hell out of me.

All of these things put together give me a very uneasy feeling about this game. I just have the feeling that the Cowboys are coming with more to prove tomorrow since they got robbed of that last game and they've been quiet as hell lately.

Feel free to bump this and talk smack to me and question my fan hood when we win, I will be celebrating too much to give a damn.

Re: Got a bad feeling

I disagree with one thing: It isn't exactly quiet there, a lot of attention has been given this week to Jerry Jones interfering with Garrett's coaching.

EDIT: And when I go on PFT just now, this is a front page story.

Comment

I've noticed the Giants have done quite a bit of talking this year, and I'm not too happy about it.

Comment

It's just talk. Let them play. Where did Grant say that about practice? I don't disbelieve you, but I'm sure others are gonna jump on you without a source.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't really see the Cowboys talking ever. Usually when we play, its BJ who starts ****, which is no surprise.

No different than last time.

Comment

i wouldnt put too much stock in the comments from the Giants!

they kept their mouths shut before the foreskins and jets games and played awful. they managed to win the jets with defense which puts us in this position!

i think they are pumping each other up to play well in a meaningful game.

personally i feel they will win with authority!

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="egyptian420"]I don't know if it's just me, but I got a bad feeling about this game already. The Cowboys have been awfully quiet and humble this week and haven't said a word, even Rob Ryan. Meanwhile, Tuck and Jacobs are talking trash.

Furthermore, I don't think we had a really good practice this week. In Coughlin's presser he seemed unimpressed with the way we practiced and sounded very unsure and unconvincing when asked about how well practice went.

Grant was also asked in his segment about how practice went and he said that it wasn't the best practice and there is still work that needs to be done, but the emotional intensity was still there.

Rolle was also not as confident and enthused as he usually is, he also seemed like he was unsure of how well our practice went. When asked about the defense he said "I can't speak for everyone else, but I know I'm ready"....that already bothers the hell out of me.

All of these things put together give me a very uneasy feeling about this game. I just have the feeling that the Cowboys are coming with more to prove tomorrow since they got robbed of that last game and they've been quiet as hell lately.

Feel free to bump this and talk smack to me and question my fan hood when we win, I will be celebrating too much to give a damn.
            [/quote]

Fanhood........I'm questioning your MANHOOD......we are going to kick the living crrrrrp out of them

Comment

[quote user="scf424"]It's just talk. Let them play. Where did Grant say that about practice? I don't disbelieve you, but I'm sure others are gonna jump on you without a source.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't really see the Cowboys talking ever. Usually when we play, its BJ who starts ****, which is no surprise.

No different than last time.[/quote]
              Go to the video section and check out Big Blue Hits with Deon Grant

Comment

[quote user="BParcells777"][quote user="egyptian420"]I don't know if it's just me, but I got a bad feeling about this game already. The Cowboys have been awfully quiet and humble this week and haven't said a word, even Rob Ryan. Meanwhile, Tuck and Jacobs are talking trash.

[/quote]

Fanhood........I'm questioning your MANHOOD......we are going to kick the living crrrrrp out of them
                [/quote]
                I question your intellect.....although I do hope we win ofcourse

Comment

[quote user="Gmen2005"]I've noticed the Giants have done quite a bit of talking this year, and I'm not too happy about it.
                  [/quote]
                  +1

Comment

Brandon Jacobs ALWAYS talks when we play the cowboys, he HATES them. However, BJ usually has his best games against them.
                    He backs it up when he talks, its his way of getting pumped up
                    They said Brady and the Patriots couldn't be beat, Eli did it twice, how's that for Elite?

Comment

Most coaches will tell you that a bad practice is no more guarantee of a loss than a great practice is of a win.

Remember, last week Ryan mocked Coughlin for saying that it's what happens between the white lines that matters, and who wound up looking silly?

I had a great feeling before the Seattle, Eagles, and Redskins games, and a bad feeling before the Pats, and look how those games turned out.

Prolated spheroids take funny bounces.

Comment

I'm a huge Cowboys fan and I have a inner peace about this game. I don't know if it's a defense mechanism in my head so I'm not let down if we lose or what... but sometimes I feel bad about games (Last time Giants came here) and other times I feel good... us going there Sunday.

It's like crickets around here. Nobody is talking smack and they do seem very quiet and focused. We are wondering if JG is telling the players and coaches not to talk smack but instead to come out and play with fire.

I haven't had this much anticipation for a game a very very long time. My the best team win!

Comment

[quote user="ufcrules1"]I'm a huge Cowboys fan and I have a inner peace about this game. I don't know if it's a defense mechanism in my head so I'm not let down if we lose or what... but sometimes I feel bad about games (Last time Giants came here) and other times I feel good... us going there Sunday.

It's like crickets around here. Nobody is talking smack and they do seem very quiet and focused. We are wondering if JG is telling the players and coaches not to talk smack but instead to come out and play with fire.

I haven't had this much anticipation for a game a very very long time. My the best team win![/quote]

Nobody is talking smack? Your fat mouth DC bought his family tickets so they can come see him win the div. championship..

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...a-cowboys-win/

Unfortunately, Eli is going to pick that defense apart AGAIN. Typical Ryan's, no class, ALL TALK.

Comment

[quote user="ufcrules1"]I'm a huge Cowboys fan and I have a inner peace about this game. I don't know if it's a defense mechanism in my head so I'm not let down if we lose or what... but sometimes I feel bad about games (Last time Giants came here) and other times I feel good... us going there Sunday.

I haven't had this much anticipation for a game a very very long time. My the best team win![/quote]

guess u missed rob ryan saying he flew in his family for sunday night so they could watch him become nfc east champions and guaranteed a victory then...might loud crickets

Comment

[quote user="egyptian420"]I don't know if it's just me, but I got a bad feeling about this game already. The Cowboys have been awfully quiet and humble this week and haven't said a word, even Rob Ryan. Meanwhile, Tuck and Jacobs are talking trash.

[/quote]

I'll never question your fan-hood (or anyone else's on this board), but I do question your conclusions, which lead to your fear about this game.

What trash talk from Tuck and Jacobs?

All I've read and heard from Tuck this week is his questioning the validity of Dallas' continued nomenclature of "America's Team". That's no disrespect of the players, coaches, or even the organization. That's a media thing and he questions it.

Hell, even Tom Landry hated the term while he was HC.

Jacobs went out of his way to say how he respects the team, but that he has issues with the FANS. That's "trash talk"? You think the Cowboys put THAT on the bulletin board?

And, after all, is he wrong?

I saw the Grant interview you refer to, and admit I wondered why he said it. But, more importantly, he also said the emotional intensity remains.

Rolle was being Rolle, imo. I don't remember him saying how great practice was BEFORE the Jets game, only afterwards. So I give little attention to his comment regarding practice.

Regarding the Cowboys being "humble"--HA!--and quiet this week, that's more a reflection of whatever attention has been paid them this week, than what they've actually been saying or not saying. All that the talking heads have focused on this week has been Romo's hand. Therefore, that's all we've been hearing. That doesn't mean nothing has been said in Jerry Land.

By the way, the "quiet and humble" comments regarding the Cowboys were being thrown around during the pre season, and were referred to as a reason--yet again--that most pundits believed they would have a strong season in 2011.

Me thinks you're being a bit paranoid--and I understand the impulse to paranoia, given the overall arc of our season this year--but I suggest you try to drown the impulse, for your own sake.

(I have some excellent brews to recommend for the drowning, if you like)

Our Giants have not been reliable in several games this year, very true, but then neither have the Cowboys. That's a big reason both teams are where they are right now.

But my impulse is toward the Giants being more reliable than the Cowboys for this game, when all is said and done.

And that's why so many pundits pick Giants over Cowboys this week--because they all believe, considering both teams' flaws this year, it will come down to who plays best in the clutch. Eli, or Romo?

Clutch game of the season, clutch down of a series, clutch play of the game.

Most of them think Eli is the more reliable of the two. And I agree with them.

Anything can happen in this game, of course, but personally I feel more confident of the final outcome going in Giants' favor, than I have all season.

In the immortal words of Bobby McFerrin, "Don't worry be happy"!!

Comment

Working...
                              X