Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So umm... how the hell do we beat the Broncos?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JPP=BEASTMODE View Post
    We should kidnap Peyton and hypnotize him into thinking its a playoff game so he will choke.
    it will be a playoff type atmosphere...i hope....

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
      we can't manage to win more than 9 games a season and can only beat up on bad defenses.
      I'm sorry, but I find that is a poor generalization and statement. We can only beat up on bad defenses? Well, it is not exactly commonplace to "beat up" on good defenses so that argument lacks any real credibility. How about in 2008 when we steamrolled the season including Pittsburgh and Baltimore and essentially almost every playoff team that year besides Minnesota? We ran for over 200 yards against that vaunted Ravens defense. I am sure if I went to PFR and looked up games I could find more times where we beat up on "good defenses". But honestly, who cares as long as we win?

The coaching staff is definitely to blame for some blunders here and there (every team has issues), but to generalize and ignore the stats under Gilbride's system just shows you are refusing to accept it, therefore it is not worth debating with you.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Comment

Originally posted by Giantz4Life View Post
        I'm sorry, but I find that is a poor generalization and statement. We can only beat up on bad defenses? Well, it is not exactly commonplace to "beat up" on good defenses so that argument lacks any real credibility. How about in 2008 when we steamrolled the season including Pittsburgh and Baltimore and essentially almost every playoff team that year besides Minnesota? We ran for over 200 yards against that vaunted Ravens defense. I am sure if I went to PFR and looked up games I could find more times where we beat up on "good defenses". But honestly, who cares as long as we win?

The coaching staff is definitely to blame for some blunders here and there (every team has issues), but to generalize and ignore the stats under Gilbride's system just shows you are refusing to accept it, therefore it is not worth debating with you.
        LOL 2008 was 5 years ago. You give 2 examples that happened 5 years ago to prove a point? That's hilarious.

Comment

We beat them with a pass rush. Same way we beat NE when Brady laughed at Plax's comment, "We're only gonna score 17 points?"

Hard to throw a TD pass when you are on your back

If that Ravens defense is supposed to be good, I'd hate to see a bad one...

Comment

Let's just panic and run and hide.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
              LOL 2008 was 5 years ago. You give 2 examples that happened 5 years ago to prove a point? That's hilarious.
              Those are still under Gilbride's tenure, so actually it is quite relevant seeing as we are talking about the Giants success on offense under his control. How about when we steamrolled the #1 49ers defense last year? Is that better?

Or how about when we beat their #1 defense to win the NFC Championship?

I can keep going.

Now move a long child.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Comment

We are going to force Peyton into throwing bad throws. We are going to get the ball to DWill in space. We are going to stuff the run and take Demarius Thomas out of the game. We are going to knock Peyton Manning on his butt every chance we get.
                Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

lets worry about Dez and Romo first
                  "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                  You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
                    We beat them with a pass rush. Same way we beat NE when Brady laughed at Plax's comment, "We're only gonna score 17 points?"

Hard to throw a TD pass when you are on your back

If that Ravens defense is supposed to be good, I'd hate to see a bad one...
                    Yeah, but can the Giants get their rush going again? It was invisible last season.

Also, that Ravens D was already bad last season, and it only got worse during the off-season. They were tight against the cap and had to let a bunch of guys go.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                      lets worry about Dez and Romo first
                      I'm not playing a down so I don't have to focus on one game at a time.
                      Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Originally posted by lamas View Post
                        It's simple. Ravens have a huge super bowl hang over and had to play their first game of the year at altitude. They died in the second half because they couldn't keep up.
                        well that and they completely ignored ray rice in the 2nd half for some reason. somehow they still havent realized that when rice hes like 20 touches, balt chances of winning goes up hundreds of % points...flacco tried keeping up with peyton to prove how he is as good or something i guess, only to have a poor performance in my eyes.

Comment

thats how we'll win. stay true to the run game. remember, no miller or dumervil, so attack that DL and front 7.

Comment

I wish they would discontinue this site The scum that post on here make you not want to be a giants fan. What happened to this place!

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                              well that and they completely ignored ray rice in the 2nd half for some reason. somehow they still havent realized that when rice hes like 20 touches, balt chances of winning goes up hundreds of % points...flacco tried keeping up with peyton to prove how he is as good or something i guess, only to have a poor performance in my eyes.
                              They were down so had to keep throwing. I doubt it was Flacco's decision.

Rice wasn't doing too much, anyway.

Comment

Broncos defense stopped the hell out of the run game.. and they were down. I wouldn't give it to ray rice a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X